Chapter 1

*Cynthia's POV*

The circus was packed. Only 5 more minutes and the show would begin. I absolutly loved the circus. I loved how everyone knew what they were doing; how everyone had figured out who they were and what they were meant to do. It was amazing to me. They all fit in.

When I turned 15, the glamour of the circus died with my parents... It was a car crash from a drunk driver. They were dead at the scene. That left me with my Aunt. She was ok, but she just never understood my liking of the circus. Frankly, clowns scared her. To me, the circus was my safe place, and I always vowed that if i ever got the chance to leave and go with them, I would take it. After two years, this was my first time back...

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!" A male voice sounded. "WELCOME TO HUSSIE'S TRAVELING CIRCUS, AN ADVENTURE FILLED NIGHT WITH YOU, ME, AND THE SHOW! NOW... LET'S BEGIN!"

There was an electric shock in the center of the tent. To be honest, it scared me. I wasn't used to sitting at the front row. The blue and red lightning grew bigger and bigger until it lit up the whole tent. That when I realized it was coming from a young man's eyes. I was shocked... How could they pull that off without hurting him? The lightning reached the huge colorful light bulbs hanging at the top of the tent, and a rainbow of colors lit everything up. The man backed into the private room and the first act began. Riding out on a horse was a muscular, long haired man. He had his arms streched out and on then sat two women. One had flowing black hair, and the other was dressed in a cat-like attire. As he rode around the tent, the girls did multiple flips and stunts. After those three, the male voice sounded again.

"THAT'S ONLY THE BEGINING! WAIT TILL YOU SEE THE AMAZING PYROPE WALK THE TIGHTROPE!"

The audience cheered as the lights shined on a girl standing on a pedestal in the air. She looked around, smiled and began walking. Sure, it was amazing. But what surprised me was her condition. Her balancing stick was actually a walking stick. She was blind...

The crowd roared as she reached the other side and bowed. There was something strange about these people... They all had... Horns. They were different too. The two showgirls had ram-like horns and the other had ones that looked like cat ears. The man on the horse had one that was broken and the other looked like an arrow. The Pyrope girl had straight pointy ones and the lighting man had two on each side. This was weird... But interesting.

The lights switched to two people on the ground. One was a man who had bull-like horns and the other was a girl. I couldn't really explain what her horns looked like... She had a robotic arm and the man was in a wheel chair. With a snap of his fingers, he was standing, but with robotic legs. They must've been the magic act. The man kept pulling out little capsules and throwing them to the ground, hatching out creatures. The girl would do the same and they'd watch the battle. The next act was very short. Another man walked out, wearing a cape. His horns were tilted back and at an angle. His glasses looked big on his face. He drew out a wand and pointed it to the ceiling, but before he could do anything, a loud whirring noise was heard. He stopped and looked around as a woman with a chainsaw appeared. The blue and red lighting appeared again, grabbing the one in the glasses and pushing him into a box.

"IF YOU'VE ENJOYED THE SHOW SO FAR, THIS WILL UNDOUBTEDLY BE YOUR FAVORITE!" Boomed the voice. The woman started the chainsaw and sawed him in half. After she finished, she opened the box and he was fine. The crowd cheered and they walked back inside the private tent. Afterwards, three more people came out and walked out the tent doing random things. One had small horns and he walked around to small children, showing them magic tricks. The woman who had long bent horns walked the other way and did a balancing act on a trident she was carrying. But the last one didn't walk around much. He mostly stayed in the middle of the tent, bending his body in different ways. He wore facepaint and his horns were long. He had a silly looking grin on his face as he twisted and turned casually. He raised his head up and met my eyes. For the longest time, he just stared at me as he continued to bend. The smile never left his face.

All of the lights turned off, showing that it was over. The audience stood up and made their way to the doors.

"WE REALLY APPRECIATE YOU COMING TO SEE US! GOODNIGHT EVERYONE!"

I stood up, but before I could turn to leave, the man was infront of me. I was on the first row step which was about one foot off the ground... And he was still taller than me by a few inches. He wore polkadotted pants and a black T-shirt with the capricorn symbol on it.

"Hey." He said with a slightly low voice.

"H-hi..." I stuttered. His eyes were yellow and the irises were purple... Those must be awesome contacts...

"Let's walk." He said, offering me his hand. I nodded and took ahold of his hand as he led me off the rows of seats and outside.

This was probably the stupidest thing I have ever done... You weren't supposed to walk with strangers at night time. It just wasn't wise.

But we walked anyway. I wasn't sure if it would work, but I had to ask him if I could go with them... I had to ask. I wanted to leave...