Chapter 5

*Cynthia's POV*

I woke up very early that morning... The sun hadn't even showed any sign of coming up yet. All I could feel was a strong hand gently shake me awake.

"Hey," It whispered. "Wake up motherfucker."

My eyes opened sleepily and I looked at him. I'm not going to lie. I almost fell out of the bed. The first reason was from fear. I wasn't used to seeing a strange man with facepaint on 6 inches away from my face!! But the second reason was from shock. He didn't have a shirt on. All he had on was a pair of grey polkadot lounge pants.

"You ok, lil mama?"

"Hmhmm," I mumbled, nodding my head.

"Ok, good. I was startin' to think that you were all up and gonna sleep all motherfuckin' day!" He said while laughing. I laughed too and sat up, stretching. I saw a few blankets in the floor, and remembered that he slep there. He stepped back a few feet, and stretched his arms above his head. It looked pretty normal, until he stretched all the way back, bending his body and touching the floor bent backwards.I could hear multiple pops and crunches. My eyes widened and I just stared.He looked up and laughed when he saw my expression.

"It's ok lil mama. I do this all the motherfuckin time. Hasn't killed me yet haha." He said with a silly grin. I slowly nodded and looked away, the popping noises still echoing in my head. He bent back to his normal standing position and looked at me.

"You might need to change your fuckin' clothes lil mama. It's pretty cold out there and we'll probably all up and be out there for a while."

I nodded and grabbed a change of clothes, but he wasn't leaving. I awkwardly stared at the floor waiting for him to leave. Finally, his eyes widened and he nodded.

"Ohhhh ok, i get it lil mama. I'll just stand at the motherfuckin door." He said, getting an unopened bottle of Faygo and opening the door, leaning against the door frame.

"This ok, motherfucker?" He asked, facing the other direction.

"Yeah, I guess..." I said, unsure. I quickly stripped and started putting clean clothes on. While I was doing so, he was talking to me.

"Wow... Can you believe it? It's like... All up and yesterday, you were just a normal girl, staying with normal people and now!... You're one of us! Brother, I'm tellin you... This is a motherfuckin miracle. That we were here at the right motherfuckin time. You were like this bottle of faygo. Now, it has all these fizzles inside of it. But when someone just takes the motherfuckin time to help those fizzles be free," he opened the bottle, "Miracles can happen! All the fizzles can be your motherfuckin dreams! And when someone helps you, those dreams can all up and be free to the motherfuckin world!" He took a gulp of the Faygo and sighed.

After I was fully dressed, I got a better look at him... And I noticed something that I hadn't before...

"What are those?" I asked plainly, pointing to the gill-like... "Things" on his side.

He turned around and looked at me confused. Then his eyes widened and he had his slilly grin again.

"Oh... I don't fuckin know," he said with a chuckle. "We just kinda... Have them. Since we don't have nipples-"

"Wait what??" I asked shocked. That's when I noticed that he infact didnt have nipples.

"W-wh... W-what are you?" I asked, slightly afraid.

"Calm down, lil mama-"

"What the fuck are you??" I asked again. He sighed and looked away for a bit. Finally, he caught my gaze again and said quietly.

"We're motherfuckin trolls."

I slowly walked towards him. I know, it's a stupid move, but if he wanted to kill me, he had the perfect chance before I woke up. He held still as I slowly slid my hand across his face. He had grey skin. The dusk to dawn light reflected against his hair, which had a indigo tint. His eyes were yellow and the irises were purple. All these things I had mistaken for circus makeup... They were real.

I felt his hair and slowly made my way to his horns.

"N-no, lil mama. Never touch my horns." He said, taking a step back. Unfortunatly, he forgot that he was standing in the doorway of the box car. He stumbled and fell onto his back, two feet below. And of course, like anyone who's falling backwards, you want to grab onto the first thing you see to keep yourself upright...

That thing was me.

He fell backwards and I landed ontop of him. We were both shocked, but neither of us could move.

"I-i'm sorry," I stuttered.

He was blushing but instead of red, his cheeks were a bright indigo color. I quickly got up and held out a hand for him, but he just layed there, still shocked.

"Gamzee?" I asked, unsure of his mental being.

He still stared at the dark sky.

"I-i think we should get going lil mama."

Then, without any other conversation, he stood up and we walked to the big top tent.