Chapter 9

*Cynthia's POV*

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN ONE AND ALL! WE WOULD LIKE TO GIVE YOU A WARM WELCOME TO HUSSIE'S TRAVELING CIRCUS!!"

Sollux's eyes lit up red and blue, lighting the entire tent. He's actually a cool guy. He's a hacker and even helped me out with my phone glitches. Karkat informed me of his crush on Aradia, who was actually very kind and adventurous.

I watched the show from the small tent hooked to the wall of the larger one. Outside of that was the train and everyone getting ready for their acts.

"Out of my way lowblood" A husky man said as he shoved past me. 

"Oh I'm sorry," I said blankly. It's not that I actually was. I just say it as a force of habit. He turned around and stared.

"Hmm... Well it seems someone knows their place," He said with a smile. "Blood color makes the troll." He said while heading to the small stable.

I guess all trolls aren't as nice as Gamzee... My phone buzzed, informing me of a message. It was from AH.

Finally found a job for you, Rookie. Get everyone ready. Have fun.

I turned around to face everyone. They were all rushing around, racing past each other to get their things. I looked around frantically, trying to find everything. I finally saw a familiar face.

"Karkat! I need your help!" 

"Ugh what now fuckass??" He asked angrily. I realized that this was normal though. 

"I need your help getting things ready. Hussie wants me to get your props and stuff."

He sighed but gave me a quick runthrough of who needed what.

"Ok, Sol, Eq, Aradia, and Nep have already got their shit and have either preformed or are about to. Tav and spiderbitch need their cardgame shit, Terezi needs her walking stick, but that won't be a problem. She already has it. Kan needs her chainsaw, but again, she already has it. Fishfuck needs to shut the fuck up, Fef's alright, I'm alright, aaaand... Gamzee needs his clubs. He forgets things alot so that might be a problem."

"Thank you so much" I say relieved, pulling him into a quick hug. He tensed up, but blushed.

"Y-yeah i get it. Hurry up so we don't get yelled at."

I nodded and went after everything. Tavros and Vriska got their cards, I checked in with Kanaya and Terezi to make sure they were ok, and I went over to Eridan to "shut him up".

"Eridan," I said, walking over to him. "Hey, you're on in a few minutes. What's wrong?"

"Nothin..." He said with a sigh. "Nothin you'd understand anywway..."

"I'm sure I would if you talked to me." He gave me a causious look, but finally gave in.

"Oh wwhatevver... it's not like i'm gonna lose anyfin else... Evven though Fef's my moirail again... I don't think she really likes me."

I pondered over what to say. I've had issues like these with my friends. All they needed was to know someone cared. I patted his back.

"It's ok Eridan. I understand what you're going through. Just talk to her about it later. Only she can tell you how she really feels."

His face brightened a little and he sat up straighter.

"Thank you lowwb- I mean... Cynthia." He said with a small smile. I nodded and got up, looking around for Gamzee's juggling pins.

They were nowhere in the tent as far as I could see anyway. I never really recalled seeing Gamzee actually preforming with them until now. Did he really juggle? That sounds kinda neat...

I made my way out of the tent and back to the train. Gamzee was nowhere to be seen either. Maybe him and his clubs would be in the same place... I climbed into his boxcar and searched every inch. 

"Found 'em!" I muttered to myself, grabbing the three circus pins. They were different colors with what looked to be paint splattered on them... Especially green paint. I turned to leave, but Equius was waiting at the door. I had to admit, it nearly scared the life out of me.

"You disgust me..." He sneered looking from me, to the clubs, then back to me.

"What did I do?" I asked, trying to get past him so I could get back to the circus. He just stood there, blocking the way like a brick wall. 

"Carrying those... those things... I knew your kind could never be trusted..."

"Listen buddy, I'm just trying to do my-"

"No, just stop talking right now."

"Excuse me??" I asked, offended. He was working up a sweat and a vein in his head popped out from rage.

"I said to stop talking! As your superior, I COMMAND YOU-"

"Hey motherfucker..." A voice sounded behind him. "Don't talk to my girl that way..."

My eyes widened in shock. His girl?? I mean, I do have a crush on him, but I didn't actually think he'd like me back... Let alone, consider me his girl... And the kiss he gave me last night... I just thought he was tired and wasn't aware of his actions. I never brought it up to him.

"Gamzee, you must understand. She shouldn't be carrying such hideous devices... I would say the same to you, but that's not my place-"

"Then it's not your motherfuckin place to boss her around either... Now... Motherfuckin MOVE ASIDE."

Equius backed out of the car and walked back to the circus. That left Gamzee and I standing alone.

"H-here." I said, holding out his clubs. He glared at me and took the clubs, frowning.

"Listen lil mama... I all up and appreciate you gettin these for me, but... Eq's right... You shouldn't be touchin these..."

"I didn't know you were so protective with your things. My apologies," I said, mocking Equius's voice at the end. Gamzee gritted his teeth, but soon calmed down.

"It's not that lil mama... These are just... Bad motherfuckin things... Nobody likes them.."

He trailed off, ending the conversation. He held out his hand, replacing his frown with a soft grin.

"Come on... Let's head back lil mama..."

I took his hand and we walked back to the tent together. As the tent entrance neared, I began to want answers... I know it'd be maybe half an hour before I got to talk to him again, but that seemed like forever.

"Hey uh... Gamzee?" I asked when we were a few yards away from the tent.

"Yeah lil mama?" 

"Are... Are we... You know..." I trailed off, blushing like mad. He just looked down at me and grinned, turning me around to face him. He gently held my face as he bent down, kissing me. I kissed back, knowing what the answer was. He pulled away slowly, not wanting to go.

"See you in a few minutes lil mama..." He said sadly, walking away, throwing the clubs in the air. I giggled as he began juggling, stepping through the tent entrance. After that, it was just me. Or so I thought.

"Wow... I'm not sure what's worse... Pie Head's having a forbidden relationship with a human... Or Hussie's letting him use his clubs again..."