-its like a fairy tale-

its like a fairy tale
     chapter 12

"Let's get you home" he caresses my wet face, moving the hair stuck to my skin. I nod my head and we walk back to the mansion, hoping to find a towel.
"Are you two okay?" Gabriel finds us walking to find a bathroom.
"Yeah, we just had to talk"
"In the rain?" He raises an eyebrow.
"It just so happened to be in the rain" Gabriel laughs and touches Adrien's shoulder.
"Take her home son" he gives him a reassuring smile and Adrien guides me to the bathroom. I look at myself in the mirror and I'm a mess. Mascara running down my face, my hair flat from the rain, and the dress ugh.
"Here" he wraps a towel around me.
"You sure she won't mind?" I say, talking about the lady who owns the place.
"I'm sure she won't notice Mari, come on" he wraps his arm around my waist as he guides me to the limo. I get in carefully, trying not to get everything wet, but it's kinda hard. Neither of us intend to talk, just think.
I rest my head on his shoulder and let my mind rest. I close my eyes, but all I see are the dots connecting. How could I have been so blind. Adrien is Chat. I bet the same thing is going on in Adrien's head.
"I'm sorry I ruined the dress" I say in barely a whisper, starting some sort of conversation, it's been silent the whole ride.
"It's okay, it went to good use. And you can use the scraps, can't you?"
"Yeah...Adrien, can we talk about this?"
"Of course" he moves more hair out of my face, I assume he's trying to comfort me. He helps me out of the limo, the dress being wet doesn't help.
"You can just head home, I'll be staying the night. Thank you" he talks to the driver, then the limo is gone.
I turn around and look at how he walks, and acts, it all lines up in my head. All the years, it was him.
"Want some cocoa? And fresh clothes?"
"That sounds great"
I change out of the dress, hanging it in the bathroom to dry. I put Adrien's shirt on that I stole a while ago, and gave him some extra clothes I had laying around from designing that would fit him.
I heat up the cocoa and throw a towel at him to dry his hair, then we sit on the floor. I hand him the cocoa, the room becoming silent once again.
"I'm sorry" is all I manage to say
"For what Princess" he looks up at me.
"All those years I rejected you...for you" I half scoff, half laugh.
"I just was set on Adrien, so I never thought of Chat as more than my best friend. I'm so stupid"
"Hey no you're not Mari. I can say the same thing. I was too focused on Ladybug to notice Marinette. I'm sorry."
"This is fucked" I mumble and we both giggle.
"For years I've...had nightmares, and I've yearned for Chat.. well you. It's not like I could have gone to therapy either. After that day that was it. Sometimes I regret not listening to you and letting the reveal happen."
"Hey I missed you too, maybe even more than you missed me"
"Not possible" I chime in giving him a smile
"You did what you thought was best Marinette, you followed the rules which was good."
"I can't believe it's you. It's really you" I look up to the green eyed blonde. Recognizing those eyes for his, and the smile. It's him and I never noticed. His wet hair, the towel around his neck, he looks perfect. I set my coco down and so did he. I practically pounced on him, latching my arms around his neck.
"Don't ever leave again" I feel my voice crack and tears start to spill yet again.
"Princess I won't I promise, it'll be okay I'm right here"
I hug him for what seems for hours, he mumbles sweet things to me and I cry on his shoulder.
"I missed you Bugaboo"
"I missed your stupid cat puns" he giggles at me.
"Me-owch M'lady. Glad you missed me though"
"I miss Tikki so much."
"I miss Plagg, he was so annoying but I miss him so much"
"I named my cats after them I missed them so much"
"When you told me I was so taken back, it was so weird to hear their names again"
"Yeah I didn't think anyone would suspect, but little did I know you're Chat Noir"
"I don't know how I didn't notice. The eyes, hair, the puns! How you acted. The bowing and kissing my hand, calling me princess."
"Same here Mari, you're bluebell eyes, the midnight blue hair. Your giggle, and hatred for my puns" I smile at the thought again, I probably will for the end of time. I pull back from the hug and look at his glowing green eyes again. He swiftly wipes a tear from my cheek, and gives me his gorgeous smile.
"You're so beautiful Marinette"
"You're very handsome Adrien" he starts leaning in, and gives me a very comfortable hug. He tucks his head in the crook of my neck, I rub his back, I can't imagine what he's thinking, or maybe I can.  Before I know it he picks me up in one quick motion causing me to yelp. He then throws me on the bed and jumps on.
"The breathtaking former Ladybug flirting with me!? What a dream" he's on top of me but I push him off
"Oh shut it you dork"
"Never Bugaboo"
"Come here" I pat my chest and he obliges.
I run my fingers through his now damp hair, the events of today flashing through my head. The light rain on the roof calmed me down. I slowly start to feel sleepy. But something I realized is that the warm feeling never went away. It's like a piece of my heart got put back. Like I found home. Adrien, or Chat Noir, is my home.
"Goodnight Marinette"
"Goodnight my prince"

No more words were said that night. Just silence, an unbelievably comfortable silence. Nothing needed to be said but their arms around each other.

It's like a fairy tale...

The Princess found her Prince Charming.