-need to hold my hand pussycat?-

need to hold my hand pussycat?
                 chapter 14

Last night was a blur, it was full of sloppy kisses and warm hugs. It ended with Adrien asking me on a proper date, we haven't even gone on a date and he said the big L word! Which I said back without hesitation. We didn't plan any details, but he said he'd pick me up at 11, which I agreed too.
I decided to wear some of my clothes I designed, it'd surprise Adrien, and I'm sure he'll love it now that I know he's my kitty. I decided to go with an off the shoulder black sweater, with a tiny neon green paw print on my chest. I match the outfit with my black tennis skirt, and another little paw print on the bottom. So to say, I was going a little bit over the top with the Chat gear, but it looks adorable. I wear black thigh highs, you guessed it, paw prints on the knees. Black combat boots,and a black beanie. I also make sure to wear the necklace Adrien gave me, and a few other accessories. My hair had been getting longer and I decided to keep it like that. Before I know it there's a knock at the door.
"Come in!" I grab my purse, my back turned towards Adrien.
"Wow Mari…"
"You like it?" I turn around looking down and back up at him with an excited smile.
"What inspired this outfit?" He asks, raising an eyebrow.
"You know the former Chat Noir? From when we were in highschool? Well he's a big inspiration to me. I may have a little crush on him"
"A little?"
I giggle in response, and I start walking towards him, he's still staring at me.
"Take a picture it'll last longer"
"Maybe I will"
"Let's go you silly kitty"
I grab his hand leading him out to his car, his thumb rubbing my knuckles lightly.
"So where too amour?"
I see a light pink tint on his cheek, it makes me smirk.
"Umm I didn't really plan anything, I just wanted to spend time with my lady"
"You're lady huh?"
"Yes, my princess" his hand rests on my cheek, then to my chin, his thumb swiping my bottom lip. I feel my head fall into a daze. He looks between my eyes and lips.
"Just kiss me already" I whisper, he laughs, leaning into the kiss. His hands go to the sides of my face, and I rest mine in his chest, it's a soft sweet kiss, but it feels so passionate.
"You're cute when you're flustered Mari"
"Oh shut it you were just blushing before pretty boy" I start to open my door but he stops me.
"Allow me M'lady" he bows while opening my door.
"Thank you kitty" I give him a quick kiss on the cheek and hop in the car.
While I'm waiting for him to walk around the car, I see a butterfly. It's beautiful, I always loved butterflies, especially releasing them from evil.
Then an idea hits me.
Adrien gets I'm the car and I'm looking at him with desperate eyes.
"What?" He asks sorta worried.
"Adrien, wanna do something spontaneous and reckless"
"Sounds like fun, what is it?"
"I know they're forever, but matching tattoos. Before you say anything, hear me out.
Adrien, or former Chat Noir, you're my best friend, and you always have been"
I place my hand on his cheek, swiping my thumb across it, looking at his gorgeous eyes.
"And we were heroes, we had the weight of Paris, and even the world on our backs! And
I never want to forget that. So I was thinking, what if we got matching butterfly tattoos? Yours could be green and black, and mine could be red and black"
The whole time he's staring at me in awe.
"I uh understand if you don't want to it's a big commitment and-"
"Let's do it" he whispers smiling, grabbing my hand, and planting a kiss on it.
"I've never gotten a tattoo, I hope we find a good artist who can do it last minute"
"Mari, I'm Adrien Agreste, not to go on a power trip but I can get whatever I want"
"True" I giggle. He grabs his phone and makes a few calls. I don't pay attention to his words because I'm thinking about where they could go, and how big they'll be.
I get lost in thought, thinking of all the possibilities.
"Mari?"
"Oh uh yeah?"
"We're good" he gives me a reassuring smile. He starts the car, heading to the shop.
"Are you sure about this?" I don't want to pressure him into anything.
"Yes, everything you said was correct, I feel the same"
"Okay, just making sure" he reassures me by patting my thigh, but ends up keeping his hand there. His thumb slowly rubbing my thigh, my stomach drops instantly. I try to hide my being flustered, but it's kinda difficult when I know he's glancing at my rosy cheeks.
"This is the best tattoo artist in New York, she's downtown, and said she'd love to"
"That's great, I'm so excited, I hope it doesn't hurt to bad"
"You're tough, you'll be fine"
"You're right, I'm more worried about you" I say in a teasing manner, he scoffs at me and rolls his eyes playfully.
"The traffic is horrible, wanna walk the rest of the way?"
"Sure, it's a pretty day out"
"Not as pretty as you"
"Stop you're making me blush"
"Well paw-den me M'lady"
"Oh please" I mutter, stepping out of the car I hear Adrien's glorious laugh. He walks quickly around the car to meet me at my side. He grabs my hand instantly, swinging it while we walk. It's pretty windy, making it a little chilly but hopefully it's still the morning coldness.
The walk isn't too far, so we arrive pretty quickly.
"Ah Adrien! Marinette! I'm so happy to see you two!"
"Hi Marina, thanks for clearing your schedule"
"No problem, so what do I owe you the pleasure for?"
"Matching butterflies" I say, smiling, Adrien looks over at me and squeezes my hand.
"Mine will be red and black"
"Mine will be green and black" Adrien gives Marina a bright smile and so do I.
"So where are we putting these bad boys, and how big" we instantly look at each other saying together
"Uhhh"
"We didn't really think about it-"
"By our hearts" Adrien interrupts me, his smile somehow even brighter than before.
"Sounds purr-fect" I roll my eyes, his mouth opens in surprise
"You did not"
"Yes I did... unfortunately"
"I love you" he gives me a sincere look, I lose all thought, my brain goes monkey.
"I love you too" I mumble
"Like this big?" Marina comes in with two identical stencils. Adrien looks at me, as I am still blushing.
"I think that's great, what do you think?"
"Y-yeah it's great" I give a small smile.
"Alrighty, who's first?"
"Adrien"
"Marinette"
We say each other's names at the same time, and we giggle.
"I'll go first, hopefully before the paparazzi shows up"
"Damn I hadn't thought about that" I get worried about Adrien's modeling, and what people will say.
"Adrien, are you sure about this? We don't have too"
"Mari I'm 100% sure, if you're worried about what others think, they simply don't matter. Okay princess?"
"Okay" I smile, and he gives me a hug.
"Shirt off, get in the chair"
"Yes ma'am"
Adrien takes his shirt off and sits in the chair, it looks uncomfortable, well I'll find out soon.
Marina places the stencil down, and prepares the tattoo machine.
"Does this spot look right?" I step closer to give it a look, and Adrien looks at it the best he can.
"I think so, Mari?"
"Yeah it looks perfect"
"Alright, here we go"
"Need to hold my hand pussycat"
"Pfftt only because I want too, not because I'm scared" I laugh at him and he gives me a toothy grin.
"Don't move now, this shouldn't take to long, but it's gonna hurt"
"I'm ready" he takes one more deep breath, and the needle makes contact.
A weird look comes upon his face, he grits his teeth out of pain I'm guessing. He squeezes my hand a little bit, I run his knuckles trying to calm him.
"Does it hurt?"
"I can't lie to you princess, it does"
"You'll be alright" I smile at him, I examine his features, I hadn't even had time to process him taking his shirt off. My eyes travel down to his chest, watching Marina work. Then down to his abdomen, he looks like a Greek god. I seem to have been admiring his physique for too long.
"Mari yoo-hoo, eyes are up here" another cheeky grin, and comment to make me blush. I shake my head in response as I look down at the ground embarrassed, he squeezes my hand again.
The next few hours are full of hand squeezes, and Adrien wincing.
"We're done" I get up closer to his chest, unknowingly I let go of his hand, leaning my hands onto his chest/abs"
"It's beautiful"
"I love it," Adrien comments.
"Don't touch it for 2-3 days, leave it wrapped to heal. Now switch"
"Mari I need you to move please" he giggles at me, my hands still on him
"Oh sorry" I blush yet again, what this man does to me.
"You're good, also if you wanted an excuse to touch me, you could have just asked" he mumbles into my ear secretly. Then, he winks at me, and slips his shirt back on carefully to not mess with the fresh tattoo.
My mouth is left in an 'o' shape and I roll my eyes.
"Okay Mari, so we could pull your sweater down or take it off?" My head turns to Adrien and he's guilty, his cheeks are tinted a bright red. I laugh and look back at Marina.
"I have a tank top underneath, it's hot in here anyway."
"Alrighty, let's get to it!" I take my sweater off and I throw it at Adrien.
"Jeez so aggressive" I grimace at him, giving him a wink.
I lay down expecting the worst, after she put the stencil down, Adrien smirked at me.
"Need to hold my hand pussycat" he mocked me, he used a high voice and I couldn't hold back my booming laughter.
"Only because I want to," I say as I calm down.
"You ready?"
"Ready as I'll ever be"
It feels like it is, needles poking you a million times a second. I hiss at the pain and squeeze Adrien's hand tight.
"Owieeee"
"I know, it'll be done before you know it"
And he was right.
I look down at the red and black butterfly now on my skin forever. It looked absolutely amazing.
"Thank you so much, you're so good at this!"
"Ah you're welcome, and thank you, anytime!"
"How much do I owe you?"
"Are you paying together or separate?"
"Together"
"Separate"
"Adrien…"
"Mari.."
"It was my date"
"My date idea!"
"Too bad"
"That'll be $707.56"
My jaw drops, I look at him as he puts in his information, a smirk on his lips.
"Thank you again"
"Anytime Adrien"
"B-bye thank you!"
"Bye Marinette!" She waves as do I. We walked out of the shop, my sweater in my hand, my jaw still dropped.
"Adrien you did not. I'm paying you back"
"Marinette no it's okay"
"No, I'm paying you back" he grabs my face gently"
"Princess, I make that much in a matter of minutes, it's not a problem. It's my pleasure."
He gives me a kiss on the cheek, our little moment is interrupted by his phone ringing. He looks at the ID and sighs.
"Gotta take this" I nod my head looking around at all the tall buildings, and the people walking by.
"Really? Okay I'll be there soon. I'm with Marinette, heads up. Alright bye"
That's all I hear from eavesdropping, I was taught listening to others conversations was rude.
"My father needs me at my office, which isn't too far from here. It's an emergency. He'll be out of a meeting soon"
"Okay sounds good"
He grabs my hand yet again, there's more people walking the streets now. I take in the sights, and enjoy Adrien's warm hand connected with mine.
"Here it is"
"Woah" I look up and see a huge building.
"That's crazy"
"That's how I felt when I first saw it"
"Well I'll give you the tour" we walk in, hand and hand still. He heads straight to the elevator, clicking the highest floor number.
50
He explains how his father owns the place, and what goes on, I'm kinda lost in it all but I still listen.
The elevator reveals a giant office building, a huge couch, chairs, and a giant desk.
"Wow"
"This is it, my office"
"You work here!" I say pretty loud, not realizing how loud it was.
"Shh Mari there's a meeting going on" he puts his finger in my lips and snickers at me.
"Oops" is all I mumble, feeling embarrassed. I walk around the office, feeling the mahogany desk with my pointer finger. I go behind it and see a framed picture,
It's us.
I stare at the picture for a while until Adrien comes over.
"Oh uh my father took that, when we were in the limo"
"Mhm" I look at him, his arm nervously fiddling with his neck.
"I just... thought it was a good picture and that it belonged in here."
I smile at the thought of him keeping a picture of me in his office downtown. Without hesitation, I feel myself yawn, not realizing I was tired.
"Wanna lay down," he points to the couch.
"Of course Minou" I grab his hand this time, and lead him to the couch. I lay on the inside, on my right side. He follows, but on his left side. We're facing each other, nothing but silence is around this.

Marinette admires Adrien's features, as does Adrien to Marinette. She looks at his strong jaw, his perfect nose and lips. He looks at the sprinkled freckles on her button nose, her full bright blue bell eyes, and her plump pink lips.
Without them knowing, Gabriel Agreste takes in the moment from the other side of the room. He picks up the polaroid camera on display, walking silently over to them. Adrien's head resting on his arm, his other hand smoothly making its way to her lips. His thumb pulls her bottom lip down until it falls to her chin.
*flash*
Marinette nearly screams, and Adrien falls off the couch.
"You two are so cute"
Gabriel states, both of their faces are red as tomatoes.
But deep down, they're both swooning at the moment, and the picture that just got taken.