15

A/N: Hi everyone! Thanks so much for 100 reads! It's really amazing to me that that many people have read this little thing that I've created. I hope you all are enjoying it. Thanks again! 

<3 C

"Wha- get off me," Ron's voice came from across the room.

"Oh God," Hermione's shrill voice came from a few feet away. "It's a Devil's Snare! Quickly, everyone, relax,"

"Not to be rude, Hermione," Harry's voice sounded choked. "But I don't think this is really the time or place to kick back,"

"No! That's how we get out!" Hermione sounded exasperated. "You have to stop struggling!"

From the sounds around me, I could tell that a certain Ronald Weasley was not taking her advice. Next to me, I felt Luna loosen her grip on me so I knew she was following Hermione's advice. She seemed to sink deeper into the plant until her fingers slipped out of mine.

"Luny! Luny where are you? Are you alright?" I tried to relax, but the loss of her presence made me tense up.

"Y/n, I'm alright. Relax, and you'll sink through the plant. The ground isn't far below!" Her reassurance soothed me and I softened my muscles, even letting my head loll back. Sure enough, I felt myself begin to lower. For a moment, there was nothing but vines, and then I was falling a few short feet to the lovely, solid floor. Hermione fell right beside me and we stood up together. Ron and Harry could still be heard rustling around above us.

"Bloody hell!" One of Ron's feet broke through the vines, but he was still very obviously stuck.

"Come on Ronald!" Hermione paced around below him.

"Just relax, Harry," Luna called up. "I know it seems odd but it's what you have to do!"

Harry's feet and legs appeared above us, followed by the rest of his form until he fell ungracefully to a heap on the ground.

"Merlin's beard, Ron!" Hermione was still shouting. "You have to stop fighting it!" Ron, still thrashing around, seemed to have completely disregarded this comment. With a sudden movement, Luna snatched one of the torches from the wall and thrust it up into the mass of leaves above our heads. They curled away from the heat and light, retracting from Ron's quivering form. With a thud, Ron dropped from the tangle and collapsed on the ground.

"Ronald!" My voice was both annoyed and relieved. "Are you okay?" I pulled him to his feet, his chest still heaving.

"Honestly Ronald," Hermione was frowning, but I could hear in her voice that she was glad he was okay.

"Just relax!" Ron mocked a high-pitched voice. "Not bloody likely when I'm being choked to death by a giant plant!"

"I'm so sorry," Luna apologized. "But it really is the easiest way. I didn't remember the fire thing right away, but it did work. These torch brackets are hung just low enough that the Snare won't be affected by them"

"I'm kicking myself for not remembering that," Hermione stopped her foot. "What got into me?"

"It's alright," I patted her back. "That was a very stressful situation,"

"Yeah," Harry added, looking down the hallway, "and it's only going to get worse from here,"

We walked as a group down the underground corridor until we saw a light in the distance. As we approached, I heard a rustling sound that reminded me of a bird's wings. Shiny objects were flying around the room, glistening in the moonlight from a high-up window.

"What are those?" Ron stared around the room in confusion.

"I think they're keys," Luna replied, staring dreamily up at them.

"And one of them must unlock that door over there," Hermione pointed to the heavy-looking door opposite us.

Harry had spotted a collection of brooms in the corner and selected one. "Come on," he beckoned us over. "Choose a broom. We're going to need to use a team effort if we want to catch the right key," We all grabbed a broomstick and on Harry's count, kicked off from the ground.

"Now, they're probably going to avoid us when we come near, so we need to trap the right one," Harry advised.

"That one matches the doorknob," Luna observed, pointing to a thick, brass key hovering in the corner. "Oh, it's crumpled on one side, how sad,"

"That's the one we need!" Hermione exclaimed.

"Right." Harry perched on his broom and addressed us like a team captain. "Y/n, direct it into a corner somewhere. Ron, Luna, Hermione, you'll come from the sides while I come through the center to catch it. It's not much different from a snitch, so I reckon I'll be able to get it,"

"Subtle brag, Harry," Ron smirked. Harry ignored him.

"On my count, 1, 2, 3!" I shot toward the key full speed, my arm outstretched. I smacked with an open palm towards the corner of the room and Ron, Luna and Hermione chased after it: Ron from below and Luna and Hermione on either side. Harry shot straight toward the wall, fingers straining toward the fluttering object. Right before it seemed as though he would crunch into the stone, he rose at a sharp angle and when he raised his fist in the air, we could see the metal teeth of the key protruding from in between his fingers.

"Bravo, Harry," Luna cheered.

"Well done, mate," Ron agreed.

"Really excellent," Hermione beamed at him

"Were we really surprised, though?" I asked. "You are the youngest Quidditch player of the century, after all,"

Harry grinned, pink from praise and exertion, and jammed the key triumphantly into the keyhole. It turned smoothly and he pushed the door open. Luna took the struggling key out of the lock and I saw her smooth the crumpled wings lovingly before letting the key fly away, no longer lopsided. Together, we turned to face our next obstacle.