Chapter 12

"P!" I hear in the distance. "Persephone!"

I open my eyes and meet Jenna. Her body is on top of mine, her hands on my shoulders.

"What?" I whisper hoarsely.

I turn to my right and the other girls we share the room with seem scared. I return to Jenna, "What?" I repeat totally lost, my throat is dry, my body is waking up little by little. I'm drenched in sweat.

"You're good?" Jenna says.

"What happened?" I finally ask.

"You were screaming..." Says one of the girls.

"Claire woke me up when you started. It was horrible, seemed like they were torturing you" adds Jenna.

I frown and she gets off my bed.

"Do you remember your nightmare?" I shake my head as I slowly sit down on the mattress, rubbing my eyes. Claire hands me a towel, I thank her and wipe my face. "We should go to the infirmary."

"It was just a nightmare."

"P, you are still trembling and you are pale. Madame Pomfrey must have some- "

"No," I say shortly. I sigh and look at all of them. "I'm sorry I woke you up," I lie down with my back to them.

"P-"

"Good night, girls," no one answers. I only hear their footsteps back to their beds.

I couldn't sleep in what was left of the night; My dark circles are evident and when I arrive at the dining room the next day, the first person I see is Regulus.

"You don't look well..."

"Thanks, it's what every girl wants to hear"

"Sorry, but you really look sick" He looks at me worried.

"I couldn't sleep well last night, but it doesn't matter, I'll sleep on the train"

"Are you sure you're not-"

"I'm sure." I interrupt, trying to smile at him.

We have breakfast and then we leave the castle towards the train station. We enter the train, find an empty compartment, and lean back in my seat. I sigh and look at my friend.

"Remember when you asked me to be your girlfriend?" My question takes him by surprise and his cheeks flush.

"I planned everything in detail," He smiles embarrassed.

"I still have the ring," It was back at home, I was playing with Sirius in the yard, then Reg and Alphard came out. Little Regulus, six years old, nervously asked me to be his girlfriend and gave me a green toy ring. Sirius was so angry that Regulus cried.

"Sirius was jealous," He adds making me laugh.

"Everyone wants a little of me," I joke.

"Alphard got the ring. I remember being nervous and didn't know what to do, but he helped me"

That day, after the boy ran away I went to look for him, he was hidden under the dining room table. I spoke to him and accepted the ring, told him I would keep it well, and kissed his cheek.

"The ring was too big," We both laughed.

"I can't believe you still keep it," I shrug. "I also remember that you forced Sirius to apologize," I laugh.

"I helped him get a cookie Kreacher had made."

"I miss those times," He sighed.

"Me too..." We were silent.