Chapter Ten: The Vision

-Coruscant. Months later.-

"Grim is this news." Yoda said. "Powerful in the Dark Side, this Darth Nox is. If left unchecked, bring about the end of the Jedi, he will."

"Still. The reports of this Sith Empire is troubling." Windu added. "With our forces stretched so thin fighting the Separatists, we won't be able to mount a major offensive."

"Sith Empire..." Anakin scoffed. "The Sith are traitorous by nature. The idea that they could become an empire is about as farfetched as you can get."

"We shouldn't dismiss the notion so soon, Anakin." Obi-Wan cautioned. "According to Darth Nox, Dooku and his master were on Korriban as well. He clearly isn't on their side, since the tomb showed very recent signs of a duel."

"Hmm..." Yoda hummed. "If to be believed, the word of this Sith is. On his own side he is. Find the location of his fleet we must, and save the people of threatened worlds we will."

"But Dooku and his Separatists must still be our priority." Windu said. "Though unlikely, we must be watchful of this Sith Empire."

-Taris.-

Nox sat on his throne in the palace on Taris. The planet was a backwater, and like Coruscant was a massive city that spanned the planet. It was also the current seat of the new Sith Empire.

Nox had brought his fleet to Taris because it was of no interest to either the Republic or the CIS, and recruits could be found around everywhere. Within a few months, the Sith Empire's military power had increased, but Nox was being careful on how he was going to use it.

With the addition of the wardroids and other units, Nox needed to elect those he trusted to lead the different sectors of his army. Grand Admiral Rana Eclipse had been made in charge of the fleet and her word was second only to her Emperor's. Nox had elected a general for his army in Harkin Muldwin, an effective strategist, but his views on aliens left a lot to be desired.

Nox had also allowed the creation of a sect of soldiers that had training in the Force. These Sith Acolytes were under the direct command of their Deacon Lazarus, but their Force abilities meant they couldn't challenge Nox or plan to usurp him.

Not that they could of course, but old habits die hard.

One of the good things being the sole remaining Sith from the days of the Old Republic was that there was no one to challenge his claim to becoming the Sith Emperor, but this also meant that now most of his time was spent listening to politicians argue.

He knew what his new job entailed, but he had no idea it would be so... boring.

Boredom. That's what Darth Nox was plagued by these days. He had half a mind to just kill the bureaucrats, but he wasn't trying to run a dictatorship where assassinations were commonplace.

No, he would let democracy decide what next law would be passed, but in matters that effect the Empire as a whole, he had the deciding vote.

Nox's mind soon drifted off to sleep.

He looked around. His people dead. His forces decimated. His fleet in ruins. Thousands of bodies lay before him, trillions of dead beings, piled so high that they formed mountains. He looked up and saw ships. A fleet of living vessels, and below him, marched warriors clad in armor that shrugged off blaster fire and lightsaber attacks. As he looked up, a ship fired down on him and everything went white.

Nox awoke in a cold sweat, fear running through his being. That was no dream. It was a vision. Nox didn't have many visions, but when he did have them, he heeded them. There was a threat coming. A threat from beyond the galaxy. Of the many things the Sith Lord remembered from his horrific vision, one thing stood out to him. The name of this immense threat.

The Yuuzhan Vong were coming.

Well, well. Now we have something to build up towards! As always, comment, rate and leave advice so I can improve. Next time, Nox defends Taris from invaders. Have a good night guys.