Epilogue: The Battle of Taris Part One

"You propose an alliance to hunt down this Darth Nox?" Dooku asked, no small amount of amusement lining his voice. "That goes against everything the Jedi teach, does it not?"

[The Sith Empire is a threat the galaxy has never seen before.] Windu replied, fighting off his frustration. [Neither the Republic or the Seperatists will survive a war against them alone. A temporary truce is the best... Only course of action to us.]

Dooku saw just how conflicted and frustrated Windu was. He relished it. But the Jedi Master had a point. Neither side would win against the Sith Empire, not without one another. He gripped his right arm as a twinge of pain shot through the prosthetic.

Nox hadn't even fully recovered from so long in stasis, and he not only defeated and injured him, but also bested his master Darth Sidious. Once, Dooku thought that Sidious was the most powerful being in the galaxy. That title it seemed, now belonged to the Sith Emperor.

"I shall bring your request for an alliance to my master. I will contact you when his answer is given to me." Dooku said, ending the transmission. He then contacted his master.

"My master." Dooku said, kneeling.

[What is it, Lord Tyrannus?] Sidious asked.

"I have been contacted by the Jedi. They seek a temporary truce in the fight against the Sith Empire." Dooku replied. "With their aid, I believe even Darth Nox will fall."

Sidious pondered Dooku's words, and scoffed at the desperate and hypocritical action the Jedi had offered. But if Nox was left alone too long...

[The Jedi will have their alliance.] Sidious said finally. [Darth Nox and his Empire could jeopardize my plans. He must be dealt with, soon. Tell General Grievous to prepare the fleet. My spies indicate that they are located on the planet Taris. Relay the information to the Jedi as well. We will end that upstart's reign and the so-called Sith Empire in one swift stroke.]

"Yes, my Master." Dooku said in reverence. "We shall depart immediately."

-Coruscant.-

"Working with the Seperatists!?" Ahsoka exclaimed. "Master, siding the Sith would mean us turning our backs on everything the Jedi stand for! The Sith will betray us!"

"I have to agree with my Padawan, Masters. Are we really this desperate?" Anakin asked.

"Expect Dooku and his Master to betray us, the Council does." Yoda said. "But a threat we've never before faced, Darth Nox and his Sith Empire are. For now, a mutual foe, we share with Count Dooku and Darth Sidious. Master Obi-Wan, and Skywalker, accompany the fleet you will, to the Taris System. Where the Empire amasses its fleet, the Seperatists believe."

"This came from the mouth of Sidious himself." Obi-Wan said. "The Seperatists have already sent their fleets to engage the enemy. We will be heading there as well."

"I still don't like this, Obi-Wan..." Anakin said. "But, I trust the Council. I'll head to the Resolute. C'mon Snips, let's go."

"Once we're on Taris, I'll engage the Sith Emperor." Obi-Wan said.

"Strong in the Force, The Sith Emperor is. To face him alone, suicide it would be." Yoda cautioned. "Careful we must be, if engaged with Darth Nox in battle we are."

"We've put together a squad of Jedi who we believe have the best chance to kill Darth Nox." Windu added. "As powerful as he is, I doubt he could fight off five Jedi Knights and four Jedi Masters."