Chapter Eleven: To Find A Wayfinder

Yoda was meditating in his chambers, searching for the whereabouts of the Sith Emperor Darth Nox. Though to the Jedi Grandmaster's frustration, he couldn't find him. For a being as strong in the Dark Side as Nox to be able to hide his presence so well was impressive to say the least.

Yoda opened his eyes when he heard a knock.

"Enter." He said.

The doors opened and Mace Windu entered Yoda's chambers and sat down opposite of the Grandmaster.

"We received word from Kenobi and Skywalker." Windu said. "The Sith Empire has sent teams of bounty hunters across the Outer Rim worlds."

"Hmm... Searching for something, the Empire is." Yoda added. "Track these bounty hunters, we should, to find Darth Nox and the Sith Empire. Find what they are searching for, they must not."

"We'll find them, Master." Windu replied. "If Nox really is as powerful as Skywalker claims, not even you could face him alone."

"Strong in the Dark Side, he is. To defeat him, an alliance with the Seperatists and Dooku, must be struck." Yoda said. "Make this decision lightly, I do not. But necessary, it is."

Windu lowered his head in thought. Working with Dooku and his master went against everything the Jedi stood for, but Nox was a threat they had never faced before.

After a long pregnant silence, he lifted his head up.

"I agree." He said. "I'll contact Dooku, and see what he has to say."

Windu left afterwards to arrange a meeting with Dooku. Yoda looked at Coruscant and closed his eyes.

"May the Force be with us." He said to himself.

-Taris.-

"We searched every planet in the Mid Rim, and we found nothing." Pre Vizla reported.

"I see. Perhaps Deathwatch has lost its touch over the millenia." Nox replied in amusement. "Or Clan Vizla has truly fallen far. Widen your search. The Inner Core, the Outer Rim. Search Wild Space, or even the Unknown Regions if you must. The Wayfinder is key to saving the Galaxy from certain annihilation. It must be found."

"Do NOT insult me, or Deathwatch." Vizla sneered. "We agreed to this wild Bantha chase, because you promised your support in deposing the weak Duchess Satine, yet you ask the impossible! Your Wayfinder simply doesn't exist."

"Mind your manners, Mando." A Sith Trooper said. "Need you be reminded that you are guests here? The Emperor will not tolerate such disre-"

Before he could finish his sentence, Vizla, no longer able to hold back his anger, drew the Darksaber and cut the Trooper in half, killing him. The other Troopers immediately raised their blasters in response.

"I think you should start taking us seriously, Your Highness." He said.

"How dare you!?" Harkin snapped, before he froze when he felt the air shift.

"The only thing I do not take seriously boy, is you." Nox said, his voice calm, but dripping with anger. "Your politics bore me. Your demeanor is that of a petulant child. And apparently, you have the nerve to kill my men when I invited you here. If I didn't need you, I would slaughter every last one of you."

Vizla and the rest of Deathwatch felt chills run down their spines at hearing how calm the angered Sith sounded, and reflexively backed away from him.

Nox then grabbed one of them with the Force and with a quick motion, snapped his neck, killing him.

"A life for a life." He said coldly. "Now, I shall honor our pact, Mandalorian. IF, you bring me the Wayfinder. But return to Taris empty-handed again... And I will paint the sands of Mandalore red with your blood."

Vizla looked at the dead Mandalorian by his side and nodded. Unlike Dooku, Nox would kill them all if they failed him again.

Deathwatch left quickly after the Sith Emperor dismissed them, now truly afraid of him.

Nox looked at the dead Trooper and sighed.

"Send his body to his family, and prepare a memorial service for him." He said. "And clean that up."

Sorry for the long wait. But Nox's story continues, and now he's employing bounty hunters to find a Sith Wayfinder. I'm sure you guys know where he's trying to get to. As always, comment, rate, and leave advice so I can improve. See you all in the next one. Have a good night guys.