thirteen.

authors note: i hope yall ready for the chapter that made me cry writing it lolz!!! (its not that sad im just overly emotional about anything that involves xiao) uhhhh tw for abuse, implication of SA, and overall just a shitty mother this chapter is really emotional so all that i ask is that u guys be nice and do not trauma dump in the comments. also i plan on this fic being around 24 chapters so thats fun :D nd !!!! xiao's siblings r the other four yakshas so ^____^ i luv messing w lore to make it fit this story LOL (and yes.... his mom is the unknown god that canonically abused xiao </3 Pain.)

_________________________________

venti looked at xiaos confused face and sighed, he didn't want to explain it to him but since it came up, he had to.

venti sighed,"my friend died and he always wanted me to become an idol, that's it. nothing too special."

there was something more, xiao thinks, there's always something more especially when it's obvious venti is uncomfortable even speaking about it.

venti sees the expression on xiao's face and god he hates that xiao knew him so well and that he could never hide anything from him.

"i'm not telling you the whole story, xiao. that's that." venti says sternly, "you don't have to know it to know me, alright? i know you well enough without you telling me all about your past, okay?"

xiao sits uncomfortably next to venti, he just wanted to know venti better not for venti to take it the wrong way and create this tension between them.

"you... you don't really know me, though," xiao says quietly, "you may know my habits and interests but my childhood is exactly why i have them so i'm sorry i brought it up, venti. i thought we were similar in that way."

xiao says the last sentence so quietly that venti thinks a small, broken child might have been saying that. but that's what xiao is- a child.

"then tell me, xiao."

xiao looks at venti with glossy eyes at he dryly laughs, "are you sure? it's not pretty."

"it doesn't have to be pretty. as long as it's you."

xiao nods, as he takes a shaky yet deep breath.

___________

xiao was six when it happened.

it'd started before xiao was born and chaos was all that the young boy was used to. screaming and crying was almost always heard throughout the house no matter the time of day. xiao couldn't sleep without the loud noises nor could any of his siblings. it was all they knew, screaming, crying, sounds of glass shattering, it was home to them. home was chaos for them.

it happened with a quick bang. the door slammed and quickly glass shattering and shouting was heard outside the young boy's bedroom door. within only a few seconds, the door to his bedroom slammed opened and thankfully, it was not the person he thought it'd be.

it was his older sister- indarias. her skillful hands quickly locked the door as xiao grabbed a soft plushie from underneath his bed and headed to his closet where the two would hide until the noise died down.

as they sat in the darkness, muffled shouting between his mother and his older brother, bosacius, were heard in the background as the two sat in silence.

it wasn't long until indarias began speaking to calm alatus down.

"you have lala, right?" she whispers and alatus nods, grinning and showing it to her.