twenty two.

authors notes: HEYYYY this is most dialogue um but important question bc i have officially finished this entire fic as u read this- would yall rather have the last two updates in one or two separate updates? 

um secondly!!! obviously its been 2 yrs since theyve seen each other, theyve obviously changed! xiao is finally healing bc therapy and also i do Not want 2 write angst again i just want xiaoven to chuchu <333 um also warnings 4 leaks abt scaramouches real name in this chapter bc hes in this chapter... um its brief but still !! 

anyway. i jjust found out abt the autistic xiao hc and i am LOSING MY FUCKINGG MINDDDDD/pos 

LIKE GAWD IT MAKES SO MUCH DAMN SENSE HELP MEEE

xiao youre so autism...LIKE LISTEN TO ME FOR A SECOND!!!! xiaos safe food being almond tofu... xiao hating changes in his routine (the literal entire lantern rite event), AND HE DOESNT EXPRESS EMPATHY VERY WELL??? HE EXPRESSES IT LIKE THE SAME AS ME WHICH IS SO HGBGSHBC OH MY GAWDDDD XIAO YOURE SO AUTISM !!!!!!!!!!!! no i am not just saying all of this bcoz i kin him byt i just think he is so very autistic like me 

ok. enjoy the chapter (btw i think xiao would stim with his jade necklace.) (ok im done now, sowwy) 

___________________

xingqiu's eyes followed xiao as he paced back and forth in the room. now usually xingqiu wouldn't be as annoyed but usually one would not have the entirety of liyue in his apartment to discuss his relationship problems.

"so... what are we here for?" xiangling leans over to xingqiu as the two were sat on a very, very squished couch.

"xiao's possible relationship problems, i think," he answers and she nods.

"uh, second question, who the hell is that?" she asks as she points to a short, purple haired boy who sits on the floor next to kazuha. now kazuha wasn't from liyue but he was willing to help xiao so thus, his boyfriend was also dragged along.

"no idea." xingqiu says and as soon as those words leave his mouth, the plum haired boy turns around and stares at xingqiu for a moment before he mumbles, "kunikuzushi."

xingqiu and xiangling look at each other before looking right back at the boy, "huh?"

"my name. if you wanted it." he says simply and goes back to talking with kazuha.

"so, what's goin' on, xiao?" xinyan asks as she interrupts his pacing. xiao sighs as rubs his hands over his face, "you've all seen the photos right?"

everyone in the room nods.

"right. so kazuha told me that apparently venti had seen them already and i don't know i'm just nervous because we haven't seen each other in over three years and i don't know because like, obviously i've changed, what if he thinks i'm dating someone now?"

"hold on," chongyun says, "did you guys not break up when you left the group?"

"no," xiao says, as he temporarily stops pacing, "i didn't want to."

"that's kind of cute, actually," xiangling says and a few murmurs are heard in the room, agreeing with her.

"no, it's not," kunikuzushi says abruptly, "you didn't know if you would see each other again so why not break up with him? it's weird."

xiao sighs, scratching his arm nervously, "i don't know, i just wanted him to keep on loving me and for it to never end."

"uh, anyways," xingqiu says, quietly pulling out his phone,"why didn't you like, text him and say, hey we're still dating in case you were wondering! or something along those lines so he knows."