twenty three.

authors notes: i listened to stayc's comeback while writing this and omg.... im not that interested in kpop at ALLLL (i used 2 be rly involved but i straight up lost my hyperfixation in it) but omg !!!! the ggs are sososo good wow... rec me sum ggs if u like kpop!! i only rly listen to stayc, txt, and loona LOL

also aethers in this chapter and he does "speak" a lil bit by that i mean stuff is in quotation marks but jus wanna let yall know he is using an AAC device, hes not using his voice dw^^ also i am looking at the comments and yall are so happy abt no more angst which is so funny to me bc the original ending was SO MUCH WORSE.... i can tell yall in the comments the original ending if yall want but its just a lil hehe funnie 2 me

sorrie chapter was a bit late than usual!! my moms birthday was on wednesday and i set up most of her party so i hadn't had time to write a lot this week!! anyways enjoy <3

_________________________

xiao was freaking the fuck out.

it was thursday and he only had three hours until he met up with venti and he was going crazy. he couldn't figure out anything- he couldn't figure out his outfit, if he would wear makeup or not, if he had to piss right now or what. this man really made him go crazy.

"aether!" xiao groans as he throws his body on his bed that is covered with clothing in various colors and styles.

aether stares at him from his bedroom where his bedroom door is wide open, staring at xiao, who is apparently suffering.

"don't look at me like that," xiao says weakly as aether stares at him with what seems to be disbelief.

"you look so miserable right now," an automated voice comes from aether's phone. aether stares back up at him as it reads aloud.

"because i am!" xiao whines, as he sprawls his body all over the bed, "help me?"

aether stares at him before he quickly types, "no."

xiao groans from his bed, "please! i'll even babysit paimon! i know you don't like how much she meows in your ear when you sleep, please!"

"i do hate that," aether types and he pauses for a second before typing once again, "i can try and help you. i don't know if it'll be good."

xiao stretches his arms from his bedroom as if he was trying to reach over to aether who was in a separate room, "come here."

aether reluctantly gets up as he walks over to xiao's room, which is quite frankly an absolute mess. aether stares at him and his room before typing into his phone, "damn, you live like this?"

"aether stop! it's even worse when it's coming from a robotic voice telling me that," he says as he groans, putting his face into his hands.

aether shrugs as he moves to climb onto xiao's messy bed to shove the clothes over to a nearby chair. once he sits on xiao's bed- aether quickly notices the few makeup products on his bed. aether recognizes the products, xiao wears them almost every single day.

"can't you do your makeup like you normally do?" aether asks as xiao kicks his feet like a toddler throwing a fit, "i could but that's so boring. i'm meeting venti, it's embarrassing if i just look the same as i always do!"

aether lifts an eyebrow, taking in xiao's appearance before he leans forward to smack xiao on the head.

"what did you do that for?"

"you're so dumb," aether says, pausing for a moment before he continues, "you've changed a lot, xiao and even if you didn't, i'm sure venti wouldn't mind you looking the same. plus, maybe venti would be happy that you've grown a bit."