Chapter 21: Secrets

Previously:
I waited to be the last one so I could say, "Seriously, I'll come get you. I might even come get you in a week anyways and take you to camp with me."

Harry's smile was worth all the trouble I could get in for that. "Thanks, Percy."

I pat his shoulder and glared down Vernon as Penny and I walked away. The man might have needed new pants when I yanked my trident smoothly out of the ground.

"C'mon Penny," I said, linking my arm with her's. "I need to spend some time at home before heading to camp."

"When are you heading to the camp?" Ron asked at dinner around the food in his mouth a few days later.

The twins looked up from whatever they were doing at the moment besides eating. I suspected it had something to do with the joke shop they were setting up in Diagon Ally.

Bill and Charlie were over for a few weeks and they were on the other end of the table, talking about something. I think it was about their school days, I wasn't really listening; I was talking with Arthur about the upheaval at work. Since I had been working directly with the Minister, I had been questioned heavily by the Aurors about Voldemort coming back and how Fudge had covered it up. I give it about another week or so before he's finally out of office and someone else takes his place.

"I'll be going at the beginning of next week, I think." I said. It was already Wednesday and we had just gotten back from Hogwarts two days ago. Penny had gone to visit her parents for until we left since she hadn't seen them in a while. I was to go pick her up and at the same time...meet her parents. "I'm stopping by Privet Drive to pick up Harry on my way. I promised to take him with me."

"Percy, are you sure that Dumbledore is okay with this?" Molly questioned uncertainly. "I thought Dumbledore was going to get Harry himself to bring him here."

"He told you that?" I said thoughtfully. There must be something more than what he is telling me. I got up. "I need to go."

"Where are you going?" Fred asked curiously.

"I'm going to get Albus and make him spill his secrets." I said without thought.

"Percy!" Molly exclaimed.

"What?" I asked. "Hecate has been noticing something off with him too. He can't be keeping things like this to himself right now. Especially not from me and Hecate."

"Why not from you?" George asked. "I get why not from Hecate, you know, Lady Magic and all but why you?"

"Because I am her champion." I answered. "Basically her second in command kind of thing."

"Woah," the twins said in sync.

"Anyways, thanks for dinner, Mum!" I called as I started upstairs to my room. "I've got to grab a few things then I'll just leave from my room."

"How is he going to leave from his room?" I heard Ron ask in confusion.

I was too far upstairs already to hear Molly's answer. As I entered my room, I absentmindedly created a mist with my powers and placed a prism by the window to catch the dying light. "Oh Fleecy, do me a solid and show me Hecate."

As I waited, I moved around the room, moving clothes around to look for something.

"What do you need, Percy? Is it Harry?" Hecate's voice came over my shoulder.

"Yes and no," I answered. "Dumbledore isn't telling us everything. He told Molly that he was going to go pick up Harry in a couple weeks to bring him to the Burrow. He told Harry and Sirius that he needed to go live with his aunt and uncle for a while every summer so that the protection from his mother was strengthened. And I have made it clear that I am going to pick him up in about a week to take him with me to camp. He's hiding something."