Chapter 5: Weird Percy-nality

Previously:
"Percy Jackson is in England," Hecate said before anyone else could say anything.

"What the Hades is he doing in England?" Will demanded.

"Will!" Nico said the same time as Hades. "We talked about this!"

"Right, sorry," Will said, a smile fighting its way through. "What the Hades is he doing in England, Lady Hecate?"

"Miss Clearwater-"

"Percy, I've told you this, it's Penelope," the blonde witch interrupted.

"Penelope, I need to tell you some things before the dinner at my mum's tonight," I said, barely restraining myself from laughing. At this point, I call her Miss Clearwater just to annoy her. "Some things about my family and me."

"What is it Percy?" Penelope asked, bringing her cup to her mouth. We were sitting at my kitchen counter, finishing the breakfast she brought over. Penelope took the task given to her by Molly extremely seriously.

"Please understand that this isn't easy for me and I have felt horrible keeping this from you as long as I have," I started, looking at her in the eyes. When she nodded, I continued, "Molly and Arthur aren't my real parents, my last name isn't even Weasley."

Whatever she was expecting, it wasn't that. She almost spat her tea back out. "What?"

"My name is Percy Jackson," I told her, looking worriedly into her eyes. This wasn't even the worst bit, how would she react to the real reason I was in the wizarding world or how long I've really been here? "I am from New York in America. I came here to start a new life about a year ago. Molly and Arther were kind enough to let me stay with them."

"A year ago?" Penelope shakily asked. "Does that mean..." her hands reached up to her lips and unfortunately, I knew what that meant.

"Memory-Percy kissed you, didn't he?" I groaned, putting my head in my hands. "Hecate, what in the world were you thinking?"

"Hecate?" Penelope said, distracted. Lady Magic was one of her passions and it always amused me watching her talk about her.

"She gave everyone fake memories of me so I could start living here without any questions," I explained. "She made it seem like I was always here."

"You know Lady Hecate?" Penelope said, now excited. Then she looked mortified. "She made me have a memory of kissing you?"

"Why is that such a bad thing?" I protested, suddenly defensive.

"Because it wasn't real!" She nearly shouted, making me wince. She was getting really distressed.

"Right," I muttered. "She probably had some help from Aphrodite with that, she likes to mess with my love life."

"Aphrodite?" Penelope repeated in a small voice.

"The goddess of love and beauty," I said bitterly. Though no one could compare to you. Even Annabeth.

Whoah, where did that come from? I've never thought that way about anyone.

"I know that but how do you know all these goddesses?" She now inquired.