Chapter 29: The Battle for Hogwarts

Previously:
Kreacher held out a locket in his hands to Harry who reached over and finished what Regulus started.

"That's six." Penny said in awe.

"What's left?" Sirius asked.

"Nagini." Harry answered.

"Now, how many of you found this class to be easier than you thought?" I asked the class.

More than half of the class raised their hands.

I then turned to Penelope with a smug look on my face. I told you so written all over my face. Turning back to the sixth year class I said, "Now, remember that the exam is to come up with a spell using the Latin words you learned this year. If you need to include Arithmancy or anything else in your spell, by all means, use it. It'll get you more points on your exam. We'll see you next time!"

"Professor?"

I turned around to see that most of the class had left already. Now it was just our favorite golden trio. "How can I help you?"

Harry looked nervous. "Remember how last year, I was seeing things that Voldemort put in my head?"

I narrowed my eyes. "You haven't slacked in your Occlumency lessons, have you?"

"No!" Harry answered, eyes wide. "I only started a form of Legimency."

That stopped me short. "How?"

"Well, I thought that I would be able to poke back in his head now because he had poked in my head," Harry started. "I thought if I read his mind I could figure out what he was up to."

"And he didn't notice?" Penny asked. "He's a very skilled Legimence, you sure he had no idea?"

Harry nodded emphatically. "I tried on Hermione and then you before I tried Voldemort so I could work on not alerting the person I was in their mind."

Hermione nodded in support and Penny just narrowed her eyes.

"When this is done, we are going to have a conversation about privacy but continue." Penny said icily.

"So I tried that earlier today during lunch and I found out that he is planning on sending his Death Eaters into the school soon." Harry said awkwardly. "Malfoy has been working on a way to kill Dumbledore all year and a way to get the Death Eaters in the school and he's finally succeeded."

I rubbed my chin thoughtfully. "I knew about Malfoy, Albus told me after he was informed by Snape of the plan." I started, ignoring the stunned looks on the other three. "Has he felt anything about his Horcruxes being destroyed?"

Harry shook his head. "He has no idea. Hasn't actually thought about them since he made Nagini his Horcrux."

I didn't say anything to that right away. I was trying to think my way through a plan that had popped into my mind while we had been talking. "Penny, is there no way for him to lie about that in case someone was able to peak into his mind?"

Penny shook her head. "Harry is the only one to possibly have a way in and he is much too prideful to think that anyone would have this ability." She answered. "Legimency is less reading what one is thinking and more of seeing their memories. So even if you can go poking around someone's head, you won't be able to really tell exactly what they are thinking about."

"Harry, how do you still have a connection with him? The Horcrux you had is gone." I said suddenly.

Harry shrugged. "I can also still talk to snakes and since we had come to the conclusion that I had that power because of my connection to him, I can only assume that I have left over affects of a part of his soul being attached to mine."