Chapter 6: Whoops

Previously:
"Dolores, why would you do this?" Fudge asked. I know what he was really asking. He was really asking why she got caught.

"It's worse because she used them on -" Hermione started again.

"-a student," I finished. "Minister, I must insist she be arrested immediately. She could have used it on my family. Kingsley?"

Umbridge started arguing despite the taller Frank and Clarisse and Kingsley holding her down. "Who will teach the children?" She shouted.

I didn't think, I just wanted her away from my family. "I will."

Note: pretend that all of the Seven are in the same year. I don't feel like separating them the way they should be if I staid with their accurate ages.
Okay, maybe this wasn't the best idea.

The second the words left my mouth, I regretted them.

I should not have said that, I should not have said that.

Clearly, I over reacted.

What was I thinking? Oh, wait. I wasn't.

That happened a lot differently than I expected.

That is not what Percy Weasley would have done.

When books are written of great things said or done, it would not include this.

I saw everyone staring at me and immediately knew I messed up somehow. "I'm sorry, did I say that out loud?"

Dumbledore was looking at me, obviously fighting back a laugh. My brother stared at me, uncomprehending and those from camp didn't really know enough to be shocked by it but they looked from me to Dumbledore to the trio my brother was a part of. Minister Fudge didn't know or didn't care. I vote for the first.

"Very well, Weasley," he said. "I expect full reports bi-weekly. You can go get your things. You start in the morning."

What? I was joking! I didn't mean it! Was something I really wanted to say. Instead, I said, "Yes, sir."

"Wait! Headmaster Dumbledore hires the teachers, you can't just assign somebody without talking to him about it!" Hermione spoke quickly before Fudge could make it to the fireplace.

"I have no arguments with young Mr. Weasley coming to teach the Defense Against the Dark Arts," Dumbledore said calmly.

"He won't be doing just that, Albus," Fudge hurried to say. "I'm appointing Mr. Weasley here as the High Inquisitor. He will be observing each teacher on authority of the Ministry. He will be making sure that things are running as they should be here at Hogwarts. Mr Weasley-" he turned to me, looking as though he were very proud of himself for coming up with the idea. "-if you don't mind, I would like to go over somethings with you about the...curriculum Dolores was using."

"Of course, sir," I said loyally. "Am I to assume I am to follow you into your office?"

"Yes," Fudge said in confirmation then turned to Kingsley, holding a gagged Umbridge. "Kingsley-"