Chapter 19: Family Issues

Previously:
"Dolores Umbridge." I growled. It was low but it echoed and caused fighting to stop around us. I dug into my pocket to pull out a familiar pen. "I swear by Lady Magic and the river Styx, you will die tonight."

I twisted my ring and uncapped Riptide with one hand. I heard gasps as a trident appeared in one hand and a three foot bronze sword in the other.

Looking back, I may have over reacted. But what I did accomplished a few things at once.

One; it scared the Hades out of the Death Eaters.

"Bloody Hell, what is going on?"

That was the only thing anybody from the Death Eater's side said. They were all too busy looking at me with horrified stares. Except for Bellatrix for some strange reason. She looked like she finally got something good to play with. It did not creep me out at all.

No, seriously, it didn't creep me out. I was too focused on Umbridge to think about the look Bellatrix was giving me.

The lady in pink didn't look so well put together as she used to. She was missing her pink cardigan and her hair looked a little frizzy. Her eyes were wide and crazy and her hands shook as she smiled with every dark curse she sent my way.

But once my sword and trident was out, the smile disappeared.

"Who are you?" She asked on behalf of everyone there.

"My name is Percy Jackson, son of Poseidon, Savior of Olympus, Champion of Hecate and your death." I dropped my glamour, looking her dead in the eye.

Two; it outed me to the campers.

"Percy?"

"It was him the whole time?"

"How did we not see that? It's so obvious!"

Nobody had time to question me as Umbridge sent a few curses rapidly in my direction. And just like that all the fighting started again.

Riptide easily blocked the spells except for one. That one I caught on the end of my trident. I held it for a second, letting it gain more power before launching it straight back at her.

It hit her on her left thigh. The snapping sound could be heard where I was almost on the other side of the dais. Her painfull yell was heard by everyone in the room.

The fighting had stopped once more. But it wasn't because Umbridge was on the ground in pain and my sword was at her neck while my trident was at her stomach.

"SIRIUS!" That was Harry, running as fast as he could towards the veil. "SIRIUS!"

Bellatrix let out a cackle that sounded too gleeful for her to be innocent of whatever happened to Sirius. I hadn't even noticed when Dumbledore, Penny, and the Order had gotten here. I did notice Dumbledore follow Bellatrix out, however.

I quickly looked for Umbridge's wand on the floor where she dropped it and stepped on it, snapping it into three uneven pieces.

Only then did I look up to see Sirius fading slowly behind the veil, Remus holding Harry back and Bellatrix disappearing through a door.

Over Harry's shouts, I tried getting ahold of Nico's attention. "Nico!"

"HE—IS—NOT—DEAD!"

"Nico—HARRY SHUT UP!"

He stopped yelling.

"Thank you." I sighed, glancing at the wimpy pink toad at my feet. Deciding she deserved it, I stuck my trident in her one good leg. I could tell I made it through bone as she screamed again. "Harry, if you would calm down for one second, everything is going to be just fine. Now—" I turned to Nico "—would you be so kind as to go through the Veil of Death to fetch Sirius for us?"