Chapter 28: 7 Horcruxes

Previously:
I rolled my eyes. Of course she would stay up for them. But I wasn't going to say anything. I had a long day ahead of me tomorrow so I looked longingly up the stairs. "If you don't mind, mum, I'm going to head to bed. I still have a lot to do to get ready for the start of the school year."

"Of course dear, it is probably a good idea everyone else gets to bed as well." And with that, Molly shooed everyone up the stairs and into bed, despite protests that they weren't tired.

-            -            -
"That's too long," she complained. Then she straightened up. "That's it, I'm going to Hogwarts again. It just might take more convincing Lady Artemis to let me go. But when I do, you're coming too."

"What? Why?" Nico was taken aback.

"Because. Why do you need an answer to everything?" Thalia demanded before storming back out of camp.

"Penny, where did you put the joke candies I got from the twins the other day?"

"I put them away!"

"Where?"

"Why do you need to know?"

"I'm in danger!"

"What?"

I looked innocently at Penny as she marched into the living room with a very confused look on her face. "I'm in danger of being bored."

"You have to be in the Great Hall in less than two hours and you don't have your classroom completely set up yet, how can you possibly be getting bored already?"

"I've gotten too used to things going wacky so when things are going to plan, I subconsciously start to sabotage them."

"Percy, that's not healthy." Penny said in that voice that sounded so disappointed.

I slumped in the giant chair I had behind my desk. "I know."

- - -

The Great Hall was verging on chaos. The first years hadn't even come into the room to start the Sorting yet and the volume of the room was already too loud for some people. Neville, for one, had his head in his hands with his fingers subtly plugging his ears just enough for him to hear what was going on immediately around him. His seat beside Ron, and Hermione helped the noise somewhat. People were reluctant to start talking around them this year for some reason.

"Hey, where's Harry?" Neville leaned forward across the table so he could hear Hermione's answer.

Hermione let her brow furrow in worry for a split second before covering it up with a confidant aura. "He wasn't with us when we got off the train," she said. "But I'm sure he's fine."

But her worry obviously grew as the Sorting came and went, and the feast began. They were well into eating their food when the doors opened and Snape walked in. This didn't draw much attention; it was just a teacher.

What did draw attention was the fact that the teacher stopped short only a few steps into the Hall. He looked around in confusion before warily making his way to his spot at the teacher's table. Students started murmuring, looking from Snape to around the hall to figure out what he was looking for. Apparently, he didn't want to look insane because he quickly composed himself and resumed his seat.

"Hey, guys." Neville just about jumped out of his seat when he looked to his left and saw the Boy-Who-Lived sitting right next to him. He was sure he hadn't seen him walking up to the table at all.

"Harry!" Neville exclaimed. "Where did you come from?"

"Where've you—blimey, what have you done to your face?" Ron said next. It was fortunate that no one other than those who were immediately around him had really noticed Harry pop out of nowhere yet.