Part One: Six Months

You sat in the back of the rusted blue pick-up truck, the heat baring down on you. You looked out from the hill you were parked on and into the raging scorch and watched as the wind kicked up some dust and tumbleweeds flew by. You began tapping your foot anxiously as you hung over the side of the car, staring down the railroad tracks.
You looked over and saw Jorge take a glance at his watch, then close it with an annoyed sigh.
"They're late." He said flatly as he looked over at Brenda. She looked back with patience, how she managed it was beyond your knowledge. You couldn't sit still, you hated waiting, it was your worst trait. She looked down to her watch and then back to Jorge.
"It's gonna work." She said and you popped your head to be in between the two of them in the front seats.
"After six months of planning, it better." You said flatly and Brenda looked over to you, then pushed your head back outside. "I should be with Thomas." You said flatly.
"This was your plan." Brenda reminded you but you shook your head.
"No, my plan was to be with Thomas. Vince changed it." You said as you sat back down in the trunk. The car was, as every car was these days in the scorch, a rust bucket. Jorge had fixed it up however, so that it was reinforced and more durable when taking fire. Brenda and Jorge had metal window covers that would protect them while you had to worry about not getting shot and making sure you didn't fall off.
"Vince, just like everyone else, knows that no one can piss off WICKED better than you hermana." Jorge said and you looked back out into the scorch.
It had been six months since they took Minho. Six months since they took Aris. Six months since they destroyed The Right Arm. Over that period of time, the fire inside you grew to the point where you were going to explode. WICKED thought they had won the war, but it was just a battle.
Over the time, you, Newt, Thomas, Fry and the gang have been preparing for this mission. It took some time but after gathering intel and sending out patrols, you were finally able to come up with this plan. It was risky, but everything always comes with a little risk.
"Okay my patients is run-" as if on cue, the distant booming of a train's whistle echoed through the scorch. Your head popped up and looked down the train-tracks. In the distance, you saw it, the train. It was chugging it's way towards you. Jorge looked at Brenda as she loaded her gun and then looked back at you as you pulled out your own two berettas.
"They better not be late." Was all he said and then pushed hard on the gas pedal.
You clung to the truck for dear life as it shot through the desolate desert. It didn't take long for the train to catch up, and now your vehicle was side by side with it.
Jorge aggressively shifted the gears of the truck, doing his best to make sure that your car was able to catch up to the front of the locomotive. You looked over to the side and watched as the truck picked up speed. You zoomed past a long shipping container. One of these had Minho, you knew it.
The truck quickly made its way forward, going faster then the train. Eventually, you guys had made it to the front of the locomotive, the conductors obviously seeing you. They wore their WICKED uniforms and you realised how long it's been since you've seen someone in one.
Suddenly, the radio clipped to your belt crackled to life, a familiar boy's voice coming through.
"(Y/n), we're coming up the back, keep em busy!" Thomas called and you brought the radio up to your mouth and pressed the button.
"I'll keep 'em busy alright, don't worry about us." You responded to the boy, clipping the radio back to your belt, then looking at Jorge and Brenda.
"Ready hermana?" He asked and you stood up, finding your balance in the moving car by holding on to the roof for a split second. You then pulled your berettas out again and loaded them.
"You better believe it!" You shouted back, and then pulled the triggers, shooting bullets at the window of the train's front. You watched as the conductors ducked down in fear of being shot. You listened as Jorge laughed maniacally from in the car.
You looked back and saw Thomas and Vince drive up right behind the train.
"This is crazy (y/n)!" Vince's voice crackled over the radio.
"But crazy's fun!" You responded when suddenly, your truck began taking fire. Bullets shot from the locomotive and sent sparks as they hit the truck. You saw WICKED guards in their black uniforms and helmets come out with their big guns.
"(Y/N)! GET DOWN YOU DUMBASS!" Brenda shouted at you and you didn't hesitate to get down on the floor of the truck as bullets flew. As you got down you felt a sharp stinging pain in your left shoulder. You looked over and saw blood deep through your jean jacket. It wasn't major, just skimmed your arm, but it still hurt.
"AGH SHUCKING SLINTHEADS SHOT ME!" You screamed as you took your gun and poked it over the side of the car, shooting at the WICKED guards.
"(Y/N)!" Brenda shouted worriedly.
"I'm good!" You said back and then looked over to check on Thomas and Vince. However, when you looked back you saw their car go tumbling backwards from the train after it's tire popped. You anxiously grabbed your radio.
"THOMAS!" You shouted through.
"(Y/n), we're good, but you have some company! Grab their attention!" Thomas said and you sighed in relief knowing they were okay.
"Jorge, what line?" You asked and the man looked back as he shot the guards.
"One! Channel one!" He shouted back and so you changed the channel of the radio to one. Then you brought it up to your mouth, hoping this would work.
"HEY SLINTHEADS!" You shouted and waited for their response.
"This is the World In Catastrophe Killzone Experiment Department. We ask that you stand down or we will not hesitate to open fire."
"Kiss my ass you ugly shanks!" You said as you pointed your gun toward the sky, pulling the trigger and letting the shot fire.
"Stand down, this is your last warning!"
"This is subject A8, come and get me!" You shouted, letting out another round. "You think that got their attention?" You asked but the answer came in huge blasts next to your truck.
You looked back up at the berg overhead as it lowered its guns and began firing. Jorge manoeuvred around the shots as they came down, sending sand and dirt flying.
"HOLY SH-" Jorge shouted but you couldn't hear him well over the sounds of the blasts.
"I THINK ITS SAFE TO SAY YOU PISSED THEM OFF (Y/N)!" Brenda shouted to you and you laughed evilly.
You picked up the radio that you had dropped and switched it back to the channel Thomas was on. You pressed down on the button.
"We're off, don't screw up and don't die." You told him as the berg continued to shoot down on the truck.
"Good luck." You heard Thomas say and then you quickly clipped the device back to your belt.
Jorge suddenly took a tight right and you almost fell right out of the car.
"Hang on hermana!" Jorge said and he pushed down on the gas, making the truck shoot forward. You leaned forward, hoping it would help you stay up. You gripped the handles on the roof of the truck with one hand while you used the other to hold your gun.
Your heart was beating so fast in your chest and the adrenaline pulsed through your veins. You hadn't felt this exhilarated and terrified in a long time, not since the Glade. Your hair whirled around in your face and and instantly wished you had brought a hair tie.
The truck climbed up a huge hill and flew through the air with it momentum. The berg followed right after you. Jorge zigzagged the truck so many times that the berg just gave up in shooting.
You were now approaching the mountains where you were going to let the berg believe they had you cornered. Brenda looked back at you.
"You ready?" She asked and you nodded, then Brenda passed you a small grenade-like device. You looked back at the burg, pressing a button, and throwing the device high in the air. Smoke erupted from the device and cover the view of the ship.
"Go!" Jorge called as he slowed the truck down snd you leapt off quickly. Before the berg could notice you were gone, you hid behind the cover of a tree.
You watched as the truck did a 180 degree spin and stop in front of the berg. You turned your head quickly and spotted a familiar face.
"Just give us the signal when your ready!" Frypan whispered from his hiding spot underneath a tarp. Harriet came up from behind you and put a hand on your shoulder.
"Just a little longer." You promised her and she nodded.
"Step out of the vehicle with your hands up!" The burg boomed as it opened up hatches where its landing gear then lowered. The ship slowly made its decent and you watched as Jorge and Brenda complied with the voice.
A group of guards ran out of the lowered ramp of the berg and made their way toward the truck. You looked at Harriet and then the ramp.
"Stop right there and don't move!" A guard shouted as Jorge and Brenda walked up to them. Again, the two complied. Suddenly, they stepped back and the guards stepped forward with launchers raised. "I said freeze assholes!"
"Whatever you say hermano." Jorge said slyly, again complying. These guards must have been stupid to think that there wasn't a play in motion here.
"Hey, where's the other girl?" One of the other guards asked and with a menacing grin, Brenda wiggled her raised fingers. To the guards, that didn't mean anything, but to you, it was important. Suddenly, a tripwire was triggered, opening up to show a hole dug into the ground. At least five of the WICKED guards fell in.
"Now!" You said and Fry lifted himself up to his feet, throwing the dirty tarp on the ground and loading his shot gun. You watched as more people came at the guards with guns, over powering them.
"Y'all don't want to do that." Fry said as he aimed the gun at the man's head.
"Hey Fry." Brenda smiled.
"Good to see you guys, now go on, back up." Fry smiled back, threatening the guards with his own gun.
You looked at Harriet and nodded, sneaking around the side and making your way to the open berg. You and the girl silently snuck up the ramp and into the open ship. You looked at Harriet and put your finger to you lips to indicate to be quiet. The girl nodded and gripped her gun like you had, pointed at the ground.
You tiptoed behind the pilot and watched as he began panicking. Harriet lifted her gun at him and waited for the man to turn around. Once he had, he didn't have time to react before you used your gun and bashed it against the side of his head. He fell hard on the floor unconscious. Harriet lowered her gun in shock as the man tumbled to the ground.
"What?" You asked when you noticed her staring at you.
"Was that necessary?" Harriet asked and you shrugged.
"Probably not, but it sure did make me feel better." You said and the girl laughed. "Now, let's get Jorge in here so we can finish this."