Part Two: He's Not Here

Jorge took control of the berg, easily getting it back in the air. You stood next to the man as he piloted the ship.
"Come on, who knows what's going on at the train." You said and Jorge pulled a lever and pushed some buttons that made the ship fly faster.
"Looks to me that they're gonna need back up." Jorge said as you neared the others at the train.
The mission had gone exactly as planned. The locomotive had been split in half, Thomas and Vince separated it from the shipping container that held the Immunes. The other half of the train however, was not as far away as you had hoped.
Guards were shooting as they ran up to the broken off section of the train. You saw two figures shooting from above the shipping container. You knew it was Newt and Thomas.
"You just focus on this, I've got them." You said as you ran and joined Fry and Brenda. They were readying the chain for when you were right above the shipping container. The only thing you could think of was Minho and having him back, his sarcasm and all.
You ran over to a little tablet attached to the metal wall of the burg. You skimmed the buttons and then pressed the one that opened the hatch.
"Chains ready, lowering now!" Fry said and you nodded. Without warning the others, you
grabbed onto the chain and slid down to meet up with Thomas and Newt. They both looked at you as you landed hard on the roof of the container.
"Bloody hell!" Newt said but you quickly pulled out your gun and began shooting at the guards.
"Get this chain attached, I'll cover you!" You shouted as you shot with both of your berettas. He hesitated at first, but at this point, he knew there was no arguing with you. You were as stubborn as stubborn gets.
There were too many guards, there was no way you were going to be able to take them all out. That didn't stop you from trying.
"(Y/n)! Get down!" Thomas called and you turned to see that the chains had been connected and that the burg was ready to take flight.
"Vince get up here!" Newt called down and you looked confused.
"Vince is down there?" You asked and you looked over the side to see the man as he hid behind the train car. He was taking fire heavily.
You ran to the front of the car, guns aimed and shooting at the determined guards. Shots rang out from your guns and some of the guards went down. You looked back over to the boys behind you.
"He better hurry!" You shouted as bullets narrowly missed your head. Suddenly, Vince came out from behind the train car just as it was beginning to rise. He ran forward and leapt for the ladder on the side. He latched on tightly and you covered him along with Thomas and Newt.
The berg flew up, bringing the shipping container with it. You laughed at the guards as they lowered their weapons, knowing that it was too late. You looked up and screamed in exhilaration. Thomas wrapped his arm around your shoulder and the two of you looked out into the scotch.
"We didn't screw up." The boy smiled and you laughed.
"No we did not." You smiled back and the he let go. Vince came up and hugged Newt, then Thomas. You could hear the cheering of Fry, Brenda, and Jorge from down there. You smiled widely knowing that it was all over.
Suddenly, out of nowhere, two arms wrapped around your torso and spun you around. You laughed as they put you down and turned you around. Newt stood there with the biggest grin on his face and you smiled back.
"That was exhilarating." He smiled and you laughed.
"I can't wait to get back to camp." You said and he nodded.
"(Y/n)," Vince said, walking up and giving you a quick hug. "That was quite the plan, and it all went perfectly. Congratulations." He said and you beamed with pride.
"No, congratulations to all of us!" You shouted and everyone shouted back in pure happiness.
You looked down at the shipping container beneath your feet. There were kids in there. Scared kids that didn't even know what was happening. But Minho was in there. You and your best friend were going to reunite again. You took a deep breath and closed your eyes, then opened your arms wide and let the soft cool wind brush against your skin.

You sat crisscrossed at the edge of the container on your own. Newt was in a deep conversation with Thomas and they were sitting on the other side. You were still looking out into the deep horizon, just pondering on blank thoughts.
You then felt the presence of someone coming up behind you. It was followed by Vince as he sat down next to you with legs dangling over the side. At first you sat in silence, a nice relaxing silence, then the man spoke.
"You are one crazy girl." He said and you scoffed.
"If you hadn't learned that over the last six months then I don't know what to tell ya." You joked and the man laughed.
"The Safe Haven is almost in reach, I can feel it." The man said and took a heavy breath.
You looked over at Newt as he talked to Thomas, they laughed at something he had said. You remembered talking to him about the future. Every time since then, if you ever thought of the future, there wasn't a image he wasn't in. Did that mean something? What was that boy to you?
"Thank you, for everything. I know it isn't easy to deal with my little rebellious group." You said and the man scoffed.
"Your right about that. But thank you. The Right Arm is now stronger than it's ever been. If anything, your group saved mine." Vince said and you smiled widely. The man patted you on the back and got to his feet, leaving you to look out into the horizon by yourself.

The berg slowly and gently lowered the shipping container to the soft ground of your camp. The majority of the camp minded their own business knowing that they had jobs that had to be done. You admired the camp from the top of the container, admired how far you had all come.
What was once a trash heap on a mountain became a working civilisation on the water. Knowing that WICKED was well aware of where The Right Arm's original base was, your small group had to travel to find this place. But when you found it, you knew it was perfect.
The base was set on the ruins of a dock with huge tanker ships that lay halfway submerged in the water. However, there was one ship fully intact, and The Right Arm saw the opportunity. Vince had it set that that tanker was to be fixed up and ready to depart to the Safe Haven. To your future.
The shipping container hit the ground and you didn't hesitate to climb down that ladder. Newt came down right after you with his tool that broke through the metal locks inside. He looked at you and you nodded in return, indicating you were ready. As Newt broke through the door, Thomas and Harriet came up from behind.
"they're in there." You said hopefully.
Then, the door broke through and you opened it swiftly, entering the confined space. The moment you walked in, you saw the kids. There was at least fifty, maybe even more, with chained hands and feet. They looked like klunck, pale and beaten down. These kids looked like they had lost all hope. But the moment you and the others walked in, their faces all lit up.
"Oh my god." You mumbled to Newt and he looked at you. This was horrible, these kids looked horrible. WICKED broke these kids.
"(Y/n)?" You heard a young raspy voice say, but it wasn't Minho's. You looked into the groups of children and then you spotted him.
"Aris? Oh my god, ARIS!" You said as you ran up and engulfed the boy in a huge hug. Beside him was Sonya and you wrapped your arm around the girl as well. You backed up from them, but gasped when you got a real look at Aris's face.
The boy looked like he had been beaten with a black eye and cuts all over his face. He had a massive bruise on his cheek. You looked around and saw no one else with these markings, only him.
"I'm okay." He said and you smiled, looking to Harriet as she squeezed through Thomas and Newt. You let her have some time with the two while you went deeper into the shipping container.
"Your all okay, your all safe. Don't be scared." You assured them as you walked all the way to the back.
You turned left from right and all you saw were these kids, these broken kids. There was nothing left of them, no hope. It made you sick to think of what these kids had to go through, the torture WICKED put upon them.
As you skimmed over all of them, you realized that there was one person that you couldn't find. You walked down the aisle faster, hoping that when you got to the end, he'd be there. But when you had finally got there, all you saw was an empty seat with broken chains.
Newt and Thomas came up behind you quickly when they noticed you just staring. You looked back at them, disappointed and heartbroken. They looked at you and their faces fell.
"He's not here." You said and then looked back to the broken chains. "Minho isn't here."