Part Sixteen: Breeching WICKED

You slid on the WICKED jacket which finished the look. You may not have had a mirror but you knew you hated the look. You hated WICKED and now you were wearing their uniforms. Oh how the tides have changed.
You walked out of the closet you got changed in and was met by Gally, Thomas, and Newt all in their uniforms as well. You tightened the ponytail in your hair and looked over to Teresa who was still tied to her chair while Fry and Brenda went over their maps again. You couldn't find Jorge anywhere. The boys all looked at you when you walked out and Newt handed over your two berettas that you then slid into their holsters.
"You look..." Newt started.
"Horrible, I know."
"Right, horrible." Newt said awkwardly and you smiled. He was wearing the exact same kind of uniform as you except it had red lining. Thomas had a navy blue outfit while Gally just wore plain black. You looked down to the helmet in your hands and then back up to the boys.
"Let's move." You said and they all nodded in agreement. You looked over to Fry and Brenda and they gave you a thumbs up, indicating that they were ready. "Alright, we all know where we're going?"
"Yeah, I'll come in from the garage while Thomas and Newt come in from the back." Gally said and you nodded.
"(Y/n), can I speak with you for a moment?" Newt asked and you nodded, walking a little bit away from the others so you could chat with him privately.
"I should come with you." He said but you shook your head.
"Newt, we've been over this, I go in with Teresa and you go with Thomas. It was always the plan."
"I know, it's just, we're bloody walking right into WICKED. Who knows what will happen in there and you'll be alone with the betrayer herself." Newt said and then paused, the gears turning in his head.
"What's wrong?" You asked and he shook his head.
"Before you go in, I wanted to tell you something." Newt said and you felt the anxiety rise up inside of you. "Something that I should have told you long ago but I was just so bloody scared..." He paused again.
"Hey, Newt, you can tell me anything." You assured him but the boy grew pink and rubbed the back of his neck.
"I know. Okay, remember that night at The Right Arm? Before it all went to klunck?" Newt started and you nodded, thinking about standing with Newt and watching the sun set over the beautiful mountains. You suddenly felt those butterflies flutter in you stomach again.
"Hey!" Gally suddenly called and you looked over. "I hate to break this up but we gotta get moving now!"
"Alright, tell me later." You said and Newt hesitated but then nodded. You wanted him to tell you now, every part of you was telling you to let him continue, but you ignored it.
"Good luck with Teresa." He then said.
"Good luck with Thomas." You shot back and the boy laughed slightly.
With that, you made your way over to the girl that was tied to the chair. She looked scared, whether it was for you or of you was unclear. You went behind her and untied the ropes that trapped her. She gently rose to her feet and looked to you.
"Don't try anything. You do as your told." You said like she was a little kid, but Teresa nodded. "Okay, you stay by my side at all times." You told her and she nodded again. You then grabbed the girls arm and pulled her out of the building. Before you exited as well, you turned and looked at your group one more time. Newt's eyes met yours and you felt entranced by his beautiful doe eyes. Even when the flare was slowly eating away at him, he was still able to send reassurance through you.
You snapped out of it and took your helmet and slid it over your face. It wasn't the easiest mask to see out of but you had to make due with what you had. The helmet completely covered your face and that was all that mattered. You turned back and pushed Teresa out and made your way to the WICKED building where Minho waited for you.

There were police cars everywhere and soilders scattered all over the compound. There was no way any of there people would know it was you under the mask but that didn't make you feel any better. Teresa walked forward but you matched strides with her, not gripped to her arm anymore but definitely keeping an eye out. There wasn't enough launchers for you but you did have your berettas in case you had to use them before you met up with the other boys.
"This is never going to work." Teresa told you but you kept looking forward.
"It won't if you keep talking." You replied but she just looked over to you, but again, you payed no attention.
"I'm trying to help you." Teresa tried but you shook your head.
"The only reason you still have your fingers is because of me and Thomas, and right now, your making it really hard for me to give you this redemption. So shut up and move." You said passive aggressively and so the girl did as told, closing her mouth and moving forward.
The two of you walked up a few steps and walked through a spinning glass door. The inside the building looked even bigger and had way more security. You took a deep breath and kept moving. Ahead of you were big scanners, obviously the ones she was talking about. Teresa began slowing down but you pushed her forward.
"Keep going." You said, trying to keep the anxiety out of your voice as you moved through the scanners. The moment you and the girl went through, the light turned green. That was good. You were in the building.
Holding back your excitement, you walked through the building as if you had done it a hundred times. Some guards walked by but you nodded to them and they nodded back, not knowing who you were under the mask. When you looked forward again, you met face to face with another WICKED guard. He had the same type of uniform as you, but his was red. You and the other solider held hard eye contact but then you saw the second come up from behind.
Newt and Thomas.
They nodded to you snd you returned it with a nod of your own. The one in red, which was Newt, lead you to the right side of the building and down a flight of stairs where no one followed. The guard in the navy blue uniform, Thomas, stood beside Teresa. He didn't trust her even though you were keeping an eye on her. Once you reached the bottom of the stairs, you found that you were in the underground parking garage. You could see all the cars through the glass, you could also see the guard trailing you from the other side.
The soldier picked up his pace and slid his way into the front of your group. You looked at Newt and he nodded back.
That was Gally.
Gally lead you to a big metal door that had a little machine to the side. It was obviously what unlocked it, and you needed a finger print. You turned to Teresa who was being pushed forward by Thomas with his launcher. You readied your hand guns just in case someone was behind that door. Luckily, when it opened, no one was there. The boys all waved their launchers around but you slid your guns back in their holsters.
You watched as Thomas and Teresa began going down the stairs but Gally stopped. He turned to a fuse box attached to the wall. You and Newt stood behind the boy as he stopped.
"Wait!" Gally's muffled voice called and Thomas turned around, as did Teresa. "I can get in here." Gally said as he pulled off his mask and took out a small hand-held mechanical saw. He then began cutting away at the box's lock. You Newt and Thomas all raised the masks from your faces as well.
"Alright, throw me the walki!" Thomas called and Gally threw the boy his radio.
You watched as Thomas ran down the stairs with the radio, checking to make sure there weren't any unexpected guests. You turned around and saw as Newt hung his head over the side of the railing and began coughing up a storm. This worried you. It was as if every time you saw him he continued to get worse. His skin got paler, the dark circles under his eyes got bigger and darker, and he was beginning to sweat heavily.
You came up behind him and rested your hand on his shoulder for reassurance. He took his hand and gently put it atop yours while he coughed. You remembered what he told you, how you were able to make him feel better by just being there. All he needed was your reassurance, but that was all you could give anyway.
He turned his head and met eyes with Teresa and she looked back at him concerned. You turned him back around.
"Don't look at her." You said, noticing the annoyance building up inside of him. She didn't even really do anything this time, that just meant he was very irritable which also meant that the flare was getting him angry. "Look at me, hey, don't focus on her. Remember when you had something to tell me earlier?" You said, trying to distract him, and it seemed to work.
"Yeah, yeah, I remember." He said, calming down by looking into your eyes.
"Tell me now."
"Hey Fry, we're in, how we doing?" Thomas interrupted as he walked up the stairs with the radio.
"Yeah, I'm getting somewhere, it's just a little high." Fry's voice crackled over the radio but you could barely hear him over Gally drilling his way into the box.
"Just hang on buddy." Thomas said back to the boy on the other end. Gally had finally opened the box and was looking through all the wires.
"This will work." He told Thomas and the brunette brought the radio back up to his mouth.
"Hey Brenda, what's you status?" He asked.
"Status is I'm working on it!" She said passive aggressively back to Thomas.
"Copy, just make sure your ready on your end." Thomas replied and you and Newt sat down on one of the steps on the stairs.
"Don't worry, you know I'm gonna be there." Brenda then said. You and Newt both stood up again as you watched Gally attach a device into the fuse box and then walk down the stairs Thomas had gone down before.
"Come on, Lawrence will get those security cameras down, let's go!" Gally said and you all followed him down. You pulled Teresa by the arm and she looked at you.
"Where's Minho?" You asked and she pointed down the hall to a big metal door. "Let's move." You said, walking so fast that no one could catch up. You took out your two berettas again and stopped, looking back to everyone who was jogging behind you. You slid your mask back on like the others and waited with your guns aimed forward. The other boys lifted their launchers while Teresa stood to the side helplessly.
Suddenly, the doors slid open cleanly and the guard on the other side didn't have time to react before Thomas shot out the clamps that sent electricity pulsing through him. The guy at the computer tried to fire but missed, then getting shot by Gally. Three other guys came into view but they didn't even stand a chance against any of you.
Your group quickly overwhelmed the men, making them all drop to the ground hard. Newt went up to one of the doors while Thomas forced Teresa to unlock all the cells. You listened to the beep and then the sound of locks clicking. Newt opened the door, gasps coming from the kids as Newt ripped off his helmet.
"Come on, let's go!" Newt said, a slight smile tugging on his lips. You took your mask off as well and threw it to the floor, opening up one of the rooms. The kids all looked shocked but you smiled.
"We aren't WICKED. Come with us, this is a rescue." You assured them and they all looked at each other skeptically, then they made up their minds and walked out.
"Guys." Gally announced and you turned to him and watched as he got his hand held mechanical saw. "This might take a while." He told you as he put on his safety goggles and looked back to the vault that held the serum.
You and Thomas searched every room and Newt looked through the crowds, but nothing. Minho wasn't there. He was gone.
"He's not here." Thomas mumbled.