Part Seventeen: Incapable Of Holding Still

You felt your blood boil. You didn't care anymore. You marched over and grabbed Teresa by the shirt, throwing her against the wall and holding her there.
"WHERE THE SHUCK IS HE!" You shouted and Newt came around, pulling you away while Thomas took over.
"Love, calm down." Newt said while you squirmed. "We're going to get him, I promise."
"I can find him on the computer." Teresa said, walking over to the screens and typing things you didn't understand. After some digging, Teresa pulled up a document that had a picture of Minho and he looked terrible. It made your blood boil even more. It's one thing to torture him, but his hair, that most likely killed him for sure.
"Someone's moved him to the medical bay." Teresa said shocked which told you she had nothing to do with it so getting mad at her would be pointless. "Thomas, that's on the other side of the building."
"Alright." Thomas said. "Your gonna take me." He said, grabbing his helmet and walking towards the door.
"Then I'm coming." Newt said, grabbing his own helmet.
"No, Newt, you stay here with Gally. Wait for that serum." Thomas told him.
"You can't do this on your own." Newt said and then made a quick glance at you. "And Minho comes first."
"Just go, we're wasting time! I'll get the serum and meet you out back!" Gally called and Thomas sighed in defeat.
"Alright, let's go." You said, picking up your helmet but Newt stopped you.
"No, not happening." Newt said.
"What?!" You exclaimed and you heard Thomas cough awkwardly.
"Sorry Newt, I'm not dumb enough to tell her what to do so we'll wait for you in the hall." Thomas said, shoving Teresa along.
"I'm not letting you come with us."
"And I'm not letting you go without me." You responded but Newt shook his head.
"Gally needs your help. Protect him." Newt said but you fought him.
"Gally can handle himself, I'm not going to let all of you get yourselves killed. And Minho, I need him to know I'm here, that I came for him." You argued but Newt was putting his foot down.
"You stay. I'll tell Minho, I promise." Newt assured but that wasn't enough of you.
"No, I can't let you..."
"(Y/n), I'm not going to die without you. I swear it." Newt told you and you took a deep breath. Fighting was only taking up time.
"Just give him this." You said as you pulled out a little picture and handed it to him. It was the selfie of you and Minho. "And tell him I'll see him soon." Newt nodded, taking the picture and shoving it in his pocket. He put his mask back on and ran out to join Thomas, leaving you staring at the empty doorway.

"(Y/n), stop pacing." Gally said as he drilled into the vault. "It isn't helping."
"What if something happened? What if they're being held at gunpoint?" You asked but Gally sighed.
"Again, not helping." He repeated but you still paced back and forth. "It's literally been only five minutes."
You looked out the doorway again but as it was ten seconds ago, it was empty. You anxiously bounced your leg just thinking of everything that could go wrong. WICKED could figure them out, Minho could be dead, Newt might go Past The Gone. You tried getting these thoughts out of your head but they clouded your mind.
You looked back at Gally as he sawed his way through the vault. You knew Gally saw you, but at first he chose to say nothing. You began pacing and bouncing your foot again.
"Okay, go." Gally said and you turned to him. He looked up at you as he continued to saw through the vault. "Go, your probably right, those shanks tend to get into some trouble and they might need the unexpected back up."
"But what about..."
"Me? You said it yourself, I can handle myself. Now go!" He said and you hesitated but you made up your mind, grabbing your helmet.
"Thanks you Gally." You said, about to leave the room.
"(Y/n)!" He called and you looked back at him. "I love you sis, don't die."
"I won't, and I love you too Eyebrows." You said and that made him smile.
"Now go! Save your boyfriend and those shank friends of yours!" Gally told you and you ran out the door.
"He's not my boyfriend!" You shouted to him.
"Yeah right!" He shouted back.

You bolted up the stairs and across the building. You didn't shout their names but you could tell something was happening on the upper floors based on where the guards were running. You knew Thomas and Newt had something to do with this. You looked up with your covered face and saw a group of soldiers aiming their guns at three people at a doorway. In the middle of a platform stood the one and only man himself, Janson.
You knew it was the boys up there, who else would they be aiming their weapons at? You knew you'd never get up there in time, not by the stairs. But when you glanced around at your surroundings you noticed an elevator door right behind Janson. You followed it down with your eyes and found a door on your own level.
You bolted for it and pressed the button. You glanced at a screen that said Level 20 so you assumed that's where they were. It felt like forever to you but it took only a couple of seconds for the doors to open up. You jumped inside and pressed number twenty and then the button that shut the door. You took out your berettas and held them tightly in your gloved hands. Your heart was pumping and the adrenaline was kicking in. You were either shaking with fear or pure rage.
The elevator stopped but didn't open automatically so you heard voices on the other side.
"Isn't it past curfew? Who is coming up that elevator?" It was Janson's voice but he got no answer before the doors opened and you let your bullets rain down on them.
There was a guard right in front of you but you kicked him hard to the floor. You pointed your guns to either side of you and shot the guards. They went down but you didn't shoot to kill. Janson hadn't turned around, still aiming his gun at Thomas, who had Teresa in a headlock with a gun to her head, and Newt.
You ran forward and eventually, Janson turned to face you, but he was to late. You used your gun and smacked the man across the face with it and he fell down with his hand rubbing his left side.
You got up in front of Thomas, Teresa, and Newt and began shooting at either side of them. Some of the oncoming guards were smart and stayed back while others tried to move forward. That ended up with them getting a bullet in their shoulder or leg.
Suddenly, Teresa used all her force and pushed off of Thomas. She threw him into the room behind them along with Newt. You followed after them and when you did, she hit the fire alarm which forced all the doors to shut automatically. Teresa looked back at you while Janson tried getting up. You turned to the boys and looked at them angrily. Thomas had his mask off while you and Newt still had yours on.
"What the shuck!" You yelled at them and Thomas jumped back.
"We have to get Minho!" Thomas said, backing up from you but you grabbed him by the ear. "OW!" He cried. You turned swiftly to Newt who was just staring at you.
"What the shuck were the two of you thinking? Janson almost got the both you, ya dumb shanks!" You yelled at them, knowing that people were watching you on the other side of the glass. Newt ripped off his own helmet now and stared so hard that he may have drilled a hole in your head. His mouth was hung open slightly and his hair was matted with sweat.
"I- uh-" He tried but stuttered as he was registering everything. He even looked as if he were thinking about something.
"I let the two of you shanks go because I thought you'd be fine!" You shouted again. "Do you know what would have happened if I didn't show up when I di-"
You were suddenly cut off but Newt ripping off your helmet and kissing you. It was unexpected and your eyes widened in shock as his lips met yours. Eventually, you kissed him back, resting your hand on the back of his head as your lips moved in sync with his. You felt his warm breath against your cheeks as he kissed you passionately.
You didn't know it before but you had been waiting for that single moment for a long time. There was a spark inside of you that lit and you wanted to stay in that moment forever. All noise canceled out and all you could think about was Newt. You always knew you had feelings for the boy, but there was no denying that it was way more than a stupid crush.
Eventually, you had to pull away so you slowly backed up but your forehead still rested against his. You both opened your eyes and you felt something, you didn't know what it was at the time but it wasn't what you normally felt. The butterflies in your stomach were going crazy and you were sure your face was just as red as a tomato.
"I'm sorry it took so long." Newt said but you put your hands against his cheeks.
"Your damn right you are." You said and you both laughed.
"Hey guys?" Thomas said and both you and Newt looked out the window doors to see Janson glaring and Teresa slightly smiling. You then turned to Thomas. "As much as I loved witnessing that, we should get Minho, he's gonna be pissed he missed it though."
You smiled, looking at Newt and finally understanding what he really meant to you. You latched on to his hand and squeezed it tight.
"Let's go get the bloody shank." Newt smiled, running after Thomas with your hand still gripped in his.