Part Twenty-Eight: Where Is She? Where's (Y/n)?

The boy felt anxiety rise inside of him as the others have yet to return. Aris had been waiting for what seemed like forever, but it was really only two days since the group had left. When Brenda had woken him up early two morning ago, Aris couldn't help but feel hurt that you had left him behind, but as much as he would have wanted to go and help, he knew he was better off staying and making sure Vince didn't leave without them. That's what Brenda had instructed him to do, and it wasn't easy.
Every hour that went by Vince had become severely inpatient. Aris knew he couldn't keep the man back much longer, he was lucky he managed to buy them two days. He wouldn't have been able to if Sonya and Harriet didn't help him out, luckily they were very convincing. Vince was definitely on his last straw during those final couple of hours. He didn't blame him, the man had completely paused on everything for your rebellious group's return.
Throughout that two day period, the boy wasn't worried, he knew your group would be fine. It was when Jorge had driven back for the berg that he started worrying. Why would they need a berg? Aris would continuously think to himself, but he had faith. All he wanted was for everyone, especially you, to return safely.
Aris was walking along the beach with Harriet and Sonya right before the sun was about to rise when they heard shouts of an approaching berg. The three of them saw the black dot making its way towards the camp in the distance. The boy looked at the two girls and he couldn't keep back his smile. The two girls smiled back in return.
"Come on, let's go greet your crazy friends." Harriet said, rustling his hair and pushing him forward. He bolted forward with the two girls trailing shortly behind.
The berg was hovering over a large open area above the beach and a group of people all gathered around. Aris, Harriet, and Sonya pushed their way to the front. The moment they got there, the berg had landed and the propellers had slowed making hearing a lot easier. Aris looked around at the big group of people and thought about the hell your group had probably gone through.
"HEY!" The boy yelled out, grabbing everyone's attention. "I know your all curious, but I need anyone who doesn't have an immediate friendship with any of these people to get back to work! Everyone in that berg has been to hell and back so I think we should all get them ready for the Safe Haven."
With that, everyone scattered, going back to their jobs in packing up the crates and getting the boat situated. Now it was only the two girls and Aris, and he looked back at the berg and watched as the platform made a whistling sound. Then, slowly, the ramp made its way to the sand. Aris felt his heart racing and his smile growing even wider as he was just able to see a group of heads.
When the ramp was finally down, the three watched as a large group of maybe thirty kids came walking out. They all had shocked faces as they looked around at The Right Arm camp. They probably have never been on a beach before, and if they had, it was a long time ago if they can even remember it. They all made their way out with Vince leading. Aris was about to say something to the man, but he walked away without even glancing in his direction. Aris chose to ignore Vince's strange behaviour and focus on his group of friends.
In the back of the berg everyone stood, seeming to be talking deeply. Newt sat down, staring at the wall emotionless while Minho leant against the door frame of the cockpit. He didn't seem angry, but he didn't seem happy. He wasn't emotionless like Newt, Aris couldn't exactly figure out what was wrong with him. Fry stood with Brenda, they were walking out first, followed by a boy that you didn't recognise. They all seemed to be sad, grieving even, but over what?
When Brenda met eyes with Aris, he watched as she began tearing up. Fry patted her on the back and whispered something in her ear. The girl nodded, walking off and taking a huge quivering breath. The boy looked back and saw another familiar face that he didn't expect to see.
"Teresa?" He said, walking closer to the ship along with Harriet and Sonya. "What are you- oh my god, Thomas?" He exclaimed when he saw Thomas lying on the floor with a blood soaked bandage around his torso.
"Hey! You over there!" The unfamiliar boy called to someone walking by. "Help me with him." The man hurried up and helped the boy carry Thomas out of the berg with Teresa following. Aris watched as they walked by and then he turned his attention to the others.
"(Y/n)?" Aris called and all the boys on the ship looked at him. Newt had even looked up at him from his seemingly lifeless stare at the wall. Minho looked away from Aris while Fry and Jorge glanced at each other. This wasn't what Aris wanted, so he went up the ramp.
"Aris, can we talk for a second?" Fry asked but Aris looked at him with a confused smile.
"Yeah, just a second." He responded. "(Y/n)?!" He called again. Fry glanced over to Harriet and Sonya who were still standing in front of the berg, trying to figure out what was going on.
"(Y/n)...?" Harriet said quietly but Fry shook his head. Both the girls gasped in response, Harriet covering her mouth to muffle the sound. Harriet walked into the berg after Aris who was still so confused.
"Where is she?" He asked but all the boys looked away from him, he watched as tears fell from Newt's eyes.
"Aris..." Harriet said, putting a hand on his shoulder but he turned and ripped himself from her grasp. He was smiling but it wasn't real, it was full of fear.
"No, no, she's here, she has to be." He said cheerfully, looking over to the guys. "Where is she? Jorge? Fry? Minho? Newt?" Aris turned and faced the blondie who glanced up at him. The boy's smile was fading and his eyes were becoming glossy and his breathing picked up pace. "Newt, Newt where is she?"
"Aris..." Harriet tried but the boy pushed her back.
"NO!" He shouted. "WHERE IS SHE?!"
"SHES GONE!" Newt yelled, standing up and facing him. "Shes gone." He said more quietly, and then, he walked out of the berg. He wanted to get away from everyone, they all knew that so they let him go. Aris turned to Jorge, Minho, and Fry.
"You told me it was a rescue mission!" Aris shouted, tears streaming down his cheeks. "You said that you'd be in and out!"
"It was a little more complicated than that hermano." Jorge responded but Aris shook his head.
"This is some sick joke, right? RIGHT?!" Aris cried but they shook their head. Harriet then came behind Aris and grabbed his arm. He turned to her and he saw the tears threatening to leave her eyes as well.
"I don't think it's a joke Aris." Harriet said but the boy shook his head vigorously.
"No, no, she's here, she has to be!" Aris said, denying the truth but Harriet shook her head and trapped the boy in a hug.
"Aris, she isn't here. And she isn't coming back." She told him and the boy cried into her shoulder. She looked up to the boys. "I'm gonna take him." She said, leading Aris out of the berg to talk to him privately. Fry looked at Jorge and he looked back. Minho didn't even say a word as he marched out of the berg and onto the sand. He made a quick glance at Sonya but that was it. She walked into the berg to meet with Fry and Jorge who both took deep breaths.
"I'm gonna go fine Brenda." Fry said as he left the ship as well. Jorge turned to Sonya and she could see the sadness behind his deep eyes. She felt the sadness inside of her as well. If anyone was to live, she always thought it'd be you.
"A lot has happened hermana."