Part Eighteen: The Shank With Good Hair And A Big Ego

You, Newt, and Thomas marched your way through the hallways of the labs maskless. You guys didn't see a point in wearing them anymore, Janson already knew you were there. Sirens wailed and lights flashed overhead while people stared and whispered. You weren't sure if they knew who you guys were but that didn't matter. You looked at Newt and he looked at you, squeezing your hand tighter as you
both walked on.
Suddenly, Thomas shoved you and Newt into an empty room and up against the wall. Before you could ask any questions, you watched as WICKED guards ran past unknowingly. He looked back at the two of you.
"Come on." He said and he looked out one more time to see if the cost was clear. You looked over to Newt and noticed how pale and sick he was getting. You rested a hand on his shoulder and pressed your lips against his sweaty forehead.
"Your doing great." You told him and that made the boy smile.
"Cost is clear, let's go!" Thomas said, jumping back out into the hall with you and Newt following closely behind.
Your trio walked through the hallway, looking for any signs of Minho, but Thomas suddenly stopped. You watched as the boy turned around and faced someone you hoped not to see. Ava Paige.
She stared at Thomas in pure shock as he pointed his gun at her. You looked to your left and watched as Janson and his guards turned the corner.
"NEWT!" You called but he already had Thomas in his grasp.
"THOMAS LETS GO!" Newt shouted as he bent down when the shots rang out. You ran straight after them, avoiding the bullets as they hit the metal walls, sending sparks flying.
You turned the corner after Newt and Thomas, the blondie aiming his gun down every hallway. Thomas shot his launcher at a guard who attempted to cut you off.
"MINHO!" You shouted. "MINHO!"
"MINHO WHERE ARE YOU?!" Thomas cried out but there was no response.
The other guards and Janson turned the corner and they began shooting at you again. You all ducked down as you were pushed against a wall. The three of you ran down another open hallway. There were people screaming, sparks flying, glass shattering. It was pandemonium.
You pulled out your berettas and began shooting at the guard as you found yourself at a dead end, two different hallways on the left wall. You shot at the guards that came from the hallway you had just come from while Thomas and Newt cleared the new ones. More and more kept coming and more shots were fired.
You looked back and watched as both Newt and Thomas took cover behind a wall. You ran over and slid behind the wall as well. You pressed yourself against it and listened as the bullets hit the metal walls. Thomas looked over the side and began shooting again, but eventually, he ran out of bullets. He reached inside his jacket for a new magazine. Newt on the other hand, he noticed something that would benefit more than just a pistol.
You watched as the boy pulled out a round little device that you had seen before. When WICKED attacked The Right Arm, a guard had used one of the same devices to take down at least six people at once. Newt clicked a button and it activated.
"Get down!" Newt yelled to you and Thomas as he threw the electricity grenade at the guards.
One of the guard looked down and then back up in realization but it was too late. The device shot out huge bolts of electricity, taking down everyone who was in that hall. It also broke some glass and shattered the lights, making the corner of the room go dark and sparks fly.
You and Thomas stood up with Newt and the brunette patted the blondie on the back while he moved forward.
"Thanks." Thomas said under breath and Newt nodded as you ran around a corner.
"You three, freeze!" A voice said and all of you turned to face only one of the WICKED guards. "Get down on the ground!" He shouted but you three didn't comply. "I said, get dow-"
Suddenly, a loud shout came from behind the guard and he turned his head in its direction. Out of no where, a boy came in and used all his strength to slam the soldier against the wall. He then grabbed the guard, slammed him against the wall again and then threw him through a window. You watched in pure shock as the boy yelled out in pure anger and glass spread everywhere.
The boy turned to face you and his eyes widened at the sight of you three. Your mouth gaped open and a slight smile tugged at your lips. You felt your heart leap as you stared at the boy in front of you. Without thinking, you ran up and engulfed the boy in a hug, taking him off guard. Newt and Thomas followed shortly after and you were in the middle of a big group hug.
"Minho!" You said with a relieved laugh. The boy pulled away and looked at each of you individually.
"Is this real?" Minho asked and before you could answer, guards came running up from the hallway behind you. They began shooting bullets and Newt pushed you all through to the next hall.
"ITS REAL, DEFINITELY REAL!" Minho shouted as you all ran away from the oncoming bullets.
Thomas lead the way, going left, then right and then straight. There were only so many places you could go in a building that you didn't know the layout of.
The guards blocked you from going back, they blocked you from going right, and they blocked you from going left. There was only one other place to go. You opened a door and everyone ran in as more shots fired. You slammed it shut quickly and Thomas locked the door. You backed up and listened to the guards banging against the door.
"Guys, come help me with this!" Minho called and both the boys ran over and helped Minho flip over a heavy metal cabinet.
You walked forward, looking out the crystal clear window and out into the city. It looked so peaceful, little do they know the commotion going on in this building.
The boys all backed up, brushing against you but you didn't look at them. You were more intrigued by the window. You pressed your head against it and looked down to see a pool of water at the bottom. You looked back to the small room, but there was no other way out. A saying went through your head and it made you scoff. The only way out is through.
"There's no way out!" Minho called and turned to you but you just looked back at him from the window.
"Why you always gotta be so negative Minho?" You asked with a smirk and they all looked at you confused. Surprise surprise, it only took Thomas a few seconds to understand what you were getting at.
"Ohhh, I get it." He said but Newt looked at you then Thomas and then you again.
"Oh no, what the bloody hell are you two planning?" Newt asked and you glanced at Thomas and then looked back at Newt.
"Can you swim?"

You drove a heavy metal stool through the window, glass shattering everywhere. The four of you all looked down on the drop and you felt Newt and Minho glare at you.
"It's a long jump." You said.
"But it's doable." Thomas commented and you nodded.
"Yeah, just need a running start." You said, backing away from the broken window. Newt and Minho again looked at each other in disbelief but then they joined you and Thomas. You listened to the saw, it was almost through the door.
"You sure about this shuck face?" Minho asked and you laughed, not realizing how much you missed him calling you that. You shrugged at his question.
"I've never been sure about anything I do, I just hope this didn't hurt." You responded and all the boys stared at you.
"Nice pep talk." Minho scoffed.
"Yeah, we're all bloody inspired." Newt said sarcastically.
"Yeah, so am I." You said and without warning, you bolted for the window. Before you jumped you heard Minho say-
"Newt, your girlfriends a maniac!"
You leapt out of that window with all your force and it wasn't long until the other three joined. You plummeted downwards so fast that you couldn't register anything. The wind blew against you and your hair fell out of its ponytail, it was now flailing around uncontrollably.
"(Y/NNNNNN)!!" You head Minho scream and it wasn' long after that that you had all hit the water.
It was a cold sensation, something you weren't prepared for. You had been driven by gravity deep within the pool of water. You pushed up with your arms and kicked with your legs as you swam your way to the top. You were beginning to run out of air.
Finally, your head breeched the surface and you took a massive breath of fresh air. You watched as Thomas and Minho came up and took a deep breath like you had. But there was someone missing.
"Newt?!" You called out frantically. "NEWT?!
Suddenly, someone came up from behind you, taking a huge deep breath and coughing up a storm. You swam over to the boy as he struggled. Newt saw you and tried his best to swim over. You took the boy and put his arm over your shoulder.
You and Newt swam to the edge of the pool while Thomas and Minho made their way over as well. Well, Thomas came, after he had flipped off Janson. You, Newt, and Minho got there first. You jumped up on the ground and then grabbed Newt, pulling him up with the help of Minho. When Thomas got there, you, Minho, and Newt were already standing. Newt unzipped his coat and you helped Thomas to his feet.
You looked back over at Newt and you felt your breath hitch in your throat as you noticed the black veins crawling up his neck. Newt was getting worse.
Once everyone was standing again, you all heard the loading of launchers. You turned around to face four guards aiming those loaded launchers at your little group. Being unprepared, you didn't have time to grab your guns that were still in their holsters.
"You four, don't move!" One of the guards yelled and you sighed in frustration.
"For god shucking sakes."