Part Fifteen: The Betrayer

You and Gally pushed Teresa forward into the building. She complied, giving up on fighting long ago. Gally walked into the room first, pulling up a chair while you were behind. You heard people standing up and asking questions.
"Did you get her?" That was obviously Thomas.
"Where's (Y/n)?" You heard Newt ask next.
"Relax boys." Gally assured. "(Y/n), bring her in." He called and you pushed Teresa in the room.
Newt sighed with relief while Thomas tensed up. You could tell how nervous he was, but at the same time, he looked so mad. You didn't blame him for feeling both, he cared deeply for Teresa but at the same time she hurt him. How he was able to sit there and watch this proved that he was strong.
You lead Teresa up to the chair and forced her down into it. You released your grip on her shoulder and walked over to Thomas. You watched as Newt ripped the case from off her head and Teresa blinked a couple of times to get used to her new surroundings. She then watched as Newt walked across from her and sat in a chair. You stood by his side while he sat on that chair, staring at the girl in hatred. You put your hand on his shoulder and he took a deep breath, noticing he was getting mad again. Eventually, he won't be able to control his anger like this. You decided to push those thoughts out of your head and focus on the task at hand.
You watched as Teresa looked at everyone individually, obviously intimidated. These were all the people she had stabbed in the back, they all had grudges against her. Then, her eyes widened at the sight of your brother as he leant against the table.
"Gally?! Your alive?" She exclaimed and then looked at everyone else again, Brenda in particular.
"Here's how this is going to go." Gally finally said. "We're gonna ask some questions, and your gonna tell us exactly what we need to know. Here, we'll start off simple." He said, pulling up a chair. "Where's Minho?"
"You guys don't seriously think-" Teresa started, looking at Thomas, but Gally cut her off by aggressively sitting down in the chair in front of her, blocking the girl's view of the brunette.
"Don't look at him. Why you lookin at him? Look at me. He can't help you." Gally said and you decided to walk a little more in front of Thomas. "Now we know you have Minho in that building. Where?" Gally asked and Teresa took a long silent pause.
"Teresa." You spoke up and she looked up to meet your eyes. "Talk."
"He's with the others in holding in sub level three." She said quietly and you looked at her questionably.
"How many others?" Newt asked what you were thinking.
"28." She said and you looked over at Brenda.
"I can make that work." She said as she glanced at her maps with Jorge by her side.
"No, no, you guys don't understand. The whole level is restricted. You can't get in without a thumbprint I.D." Teresa said and you scoffed.
"That's why your coming with us." Thomas said and Teresa looked at all of you, shocked.
"You think we took you because we wanted a fun reunion?" You commented.
"Well, I don't know, we don't necessarily need her. Right?" Gally said, rising from his seat and going over to the table where he picked up a scalpel. "We just need her finger."
"Gally, back off." Thomas mumbled but that got him going.
"What are you squeamish?" Gally asked her. "I guarantee she has done a lot worse to Minho."
"That wasn't the plan." Thomas said, getting up and grabbing the scalpel. "Back off."
"It won't make a difference." Teresa said, grabbing everyone's attention. "Do whatever you want to me, you still wont get through the front doors. The sensors-"
"We're tagged." You cut her off, sitting where Gally had sat, face to face with the girl. "I know, we all do. But again, that's what your going to help us with." You told her.
"You want me to take the chips out of your necks." Teresa realised.
"Yeah, and that's exactly what your going to do because I'm not giving you the choice." You told her, obviously your hurt was showing through your eyes from her betrayal because she seemed to notice.
"(Y/n), you know I did what I did for everyone, right? To save the non infected."
"By torturing the Immune?" You asked and she took a deep breath.
"The life of one is better then the lives of millions." You scoffed and looked down, then met eyes with her again.
"You know, I thought I've looked into the eyes of monsters. The Greivers, Cranks. But none as dark and soulless as yours." This took her off guard as it did everyone else.
"(Y/n)..." Thomas started but Newt held him back.
"By the looks of it, our world is already too broken to fix." You told her. "All your doing is killing our future. So I'm giving you the chance to chose the right people go betray so that we can actually have a future." You held up the scalpel in front of her for her to take. "We're going in there, chip or not. It's your choice on whether it gets messy."

You placed the cloth against your bleeding neck and walked over to Fry and Gally. Thomas was about to go up but you stopped him before he went.
"Hey, did you want me to stay with you?" You asked and Thomas thought about it. For a second he thought about saying yes, you saw it in his face, but he shook his head.
"If I'm not strong enough to handle her than I don't think I should go on this mission." He said and you nodded in agreement. "But, I'll call you over if I think she's trying to get in my head or something."
"Alright." You said, letting him go over to get his chip removed by Teresa. You made your way over to the others and watched as Jorge snd Brenda were having a deep conversation. You turned to the boys as they all covered the backs of their necks.
"How's everyone doing?" You asked and Fry smiled sarcastically.
"Fan-shucking-tastic." He said. "But I'd be a lot better if this bleeding would stop." He added as he took off his blood soaked cloth from his neck.
"I bet she enjoyed that." Gally then commented and Newt came around, passing both the boys a uniform. Then he came to you and handed you one as well. It was a WICKED guard uniform, it had a very dark green lining but the majority of it was black. Obviously, the helmet was in the other room.
"Here, see if these fit." Newt said as he took off his maroon jacket. His arm was still covered by his dark grey sleeves.
"Thanks Newt." Fry said as he tried using his cloth again.
"Come on Fry, I'll help you find another cloth." Gally said and then turned to face you and gave you a wink. At first, you didn't understand, then you heard Newt coughing and you understood why he and Fry left you with him.
"You okay?" You asked, sitting next to Newt and the blondie looked at you seriously.
"(Y/n), we went over this. You gave me your word." Newt said and you sighed, shaking your head.
"No, I gave you my word that Minho comes first, not that I won't worry about you." You told him and he took a deep breath, a slight smile tugging at his lips.
"I guess your right." He said and then lifted his head to meet your eyes. You could see dark circles growing under them and his skin was paler than before.
"How does it look?" You asked and Newt sighed heavily.
"I don't know, I haven't checked since we were on the roof." He said and you looked at him seriously.
"Newt, it only took one day for Brenda to collapse on the floor from the flare..."
"But I'm not collapsing on the bloody floor am I!" Newt said loudly and everyone looked at you two. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell."
"Hey, it's okay. I'm sorry for pestering you." You told him, taking his hand and squeezing it reassuringly. That seemed to ease his tension as he lowered his shoulders and took a deep relaxing breath.
"I don't know what would have happened if you weren't here." He said and you smiled.
"I'm always right by your side, and I'll do everything in my power to keep it that way." This made Newt look at you. "That is, after we get Minho."
"Good that." Newt then smiled and you smiled back, hiding your worry.
Newt told you himself, he calms down when your there to help him. You can't keep him at bay if your scared too. Though, you didn't know how much longer you would be able to help. At some point, there would be nothing you could do to keep Newt himself. At some point, if you didn't figure out something, Newt was going to become a Crank. And there is only one other option when it comes to that point.
You suddenly heard Thomas jolting up and touching the back of his neck. You dropped your uniform and rushed over to his side. He was glaring at Teresa and then he saw you walking over.
"Are you okay?" You asked him and he nodded as he pushed the chair he was sitting in away.
"You don't believe me?" Teresa asked the boy, standing up but you stood defensively.
"You really expect me to?" Thomas asked. "You made your choice."
"Everything okay over here?" Gally asked and you turned to him while Teresa and Thomas were still staring at each other.
"Yeah." You said for him and Thomas stomped away to Brenda who was loading up the guns.
"Nice try." You heard Gally say and you turned to see him holding Teresa's arm back from grabbing the scalpel on her little tray.
"You've got to be kidding me." You mumbled as Gally pulled Teresa away. You took a deep breath and then turned to everyone.
"Alright, listen up!" You called out and everyone lifted their heads. "Everyone who needs to, suit up. I want us to be ready cause we only have one shot at this." Everyone nodded.
"You heard her shanks, let's move." Gally said from behind you, grabbing his suit and walking away.
You looked back and saw Teresa tied to a chair. She looked at you with a guilty expression and no matter how much anger you felt for her, you hated every second of it. She was still once your friend.
You felt someone tap you on the shoulder and you found it was Thomas. He handed you your WICKED suit and helmet. You took it and took a deep breath.
"I can't believe we're doing this." He said and you nodded.
"Let's go get Minho."