Part Twenty-Five: The Final Battle

You tried rising to your feet but the moment you had gotten up, two huge missiles came crashing through the windows of your floor. You watched in terror as huge flames burst through and sparks flew everywhere. You were thrown back down again by the force of the blast and the whole building shook. You looked around, trying to process what had just happened. You were dizzy and there was an echoing in your ear from the huge blast.
Suddenly, you felt strong arms wrap around you and pull you back to your feet. You turned around, ready to attack, but you found it was only Thomas. You sighed in relief and looked over his shoulder to see Teresa take the blue vial out of the white machine. Thomas pulled you along with him and the three of you made your way down a hallway. You looked back to see Janson moving slightly.
"Thanks for that!" Thomas called over the commotion and you looked at him with a smile.
"Of course." You said back and then you watched as Thomas glanced back at Janson. His eyes widened and then he grabbed Teresa and blocked her like a shield.
"GO!" Thomas shouted as the bullets missed and hit the wall. You heard Janson growl in anger as he ran after the three of you.
You pushed Thomas and Teresa into the nearest room you could find. When you walked through the sliding doors, smoke coming in with you, you found yourself inside a lab. It was a mess, papers littered the floor, bottles scattered everywhere, lights flickering, and lab equipment broken. You turned to your left to see two Cranks trapped behind a glass cell. They clawed against their wall, wanting to get to the three of you.
"We have to get out of here." Teresa told you and you nodded, looking over to Thomas who seemed distracted.
"Hey, you okay?" You asked him and the boy slowly turned to you and Teresa, blood soaked hand covering the wound on his side.
"Thomas!" Teresa exclaimed as the two of you ran over to the boy as he collapsed on the floor. You watched as Teresa tended to him.
"Shuck!" You said under your breath as he lifted up his shirt to show the wound. It was definitely from a bullet.
"Here, uh, come on!" Teresa said, looking through all the drawers and then she found some gauze. "Here, put pressure on it. Hold it there." Teresa told him and Thomas did as told, then he looked into your eyes.
"You gotta go." He whimpered but you scoffed.
"Damn it Greenie, you must be one dumb shank to think that I'm just going to leave you." You said sternly and that made the boy laugh.
"I was hoping that was the case." Thomas said but then his eyes met Teresa's. "go."
"No."she said firmly. "Not without you."
"Looks like your stuck with us." You told Thomas with a soft smile, but the sound of air blasting caught your attention. You took your gun and gave it to Thomas, then you ran over to the other side of the room.
You looked over and watched as Janson walked into the room with his gun aimed forward. The sirens blared from the hall he had just come from, but then they became muffled from the shutting of the door. He then lowered the gun slightly and moved forward slowly.
"I admit Teresa, you had me fooled." He said in a sinisterly soft voice. "I thought we were friends." You heard Teresa knock down a vile while she moved Thomas over to a better hiding spot. Janson heard it too, racing over to where it came from with his gun aimed up again.
"Then you must think highly of yourself." You spoke aloud, noticing that the man was getting too close to Thomas. Janson laughed as he walked towards your voice.
"And (Y/n), you were my favourite student might I say. You know, back in the days when you were stable." He said and you clenched your fists in anger. You hid underneath a table just on the other side of the man, and he inched his way closer. Suddenly, Teresa made a dash across the room and Janson whipped his gun around and fired, missing her but hitting the glass bottle above her head.
"Come on." Janson called. "Let's not prolong this. We both know there's no way outta here." The man said, swiftly turning to where he thought Teresa would be, but she wasn't there. He sighed in annoyance. "Let's not make this more painful then it has to be."
You watched as Teresa crawled to the end of the line of desks, poking her head around to see Thomas. You shook your head, telling her to stay, but the girl didn't listen, crawling over to the direction Thomas was. You were about to go after her, but you watched as she backed up in fear. She was slowly followed by Janson who came around the corner with his gun pointed at her. You turned around and crawled to the other side of the line of desks.
"I believe you have something of mine." He said to the girl and you poked your head over to see Teresa raise up the serum. You couldn't let Janson get it, Newt needed it and you weren't planning on going back without it. Surprisingly, Janson shook his head. "No, not that. Where is he?"
"Just take it and leave him alone!" Teresa told him but Janson shook his head.
"What is it with you two? You think he's so special?" Janson said and then you picked yourself up and came up behind the man. "He's a lab rat, he was born with a gift-"
"So what does that make you?" You asked and Janson turned to you but you had the element of surprise. You smacked the gun out of his hands and punched him in the jaw with your clenched fist. He smashed his head against the wall and you looked at Teresa, jerking your head in Thomas's direction and she nodded, running over to him.
"Come on," you said, egging him on and keeping him away from Thomas. "Is that all you got?"
You watched as Janson angrily pushed himself off the wall and faced your bloody and bruised face. You felt the blood dripping down from a large cut on your forehead but you didn't focus on it, only prepared for the man's next move. Instead of punching you however, the man grabbed you by the shirt and lifted you in the air, slamming you back down against a table.
The man wrapped his hands around your neck and began squeezing it tightly. You felt your airway being blocked as his grip tightened. You scratched and hit but his hold on you never creased. You decided that your hands were doing nothing, so you picked up your feet and used all your force, throwing the man right off you. You leapt off the table and used your momentum to punch him across the face.
Janson suddenly grabbed ahold of you again and turned you over and smashed you against the glass of the Crank cell. You swiftly uppercutted his nose and he fell back. You grabbed him and switch places with the man, slamming him against the Crank cell.
"(Y/n), move!" Thomas yelled and you did, the brunette aiming and shooting your beretta. Janson ducked as the shot fired and it missed him, hitting the glass. The man looked up and gave you all a cocky grin.
"You missed." He said but Thomas scoffed.
"Did I?" He said softly and then you heard the cracking of glass behind the man. You watched as the glass divider between the Cranks and you broke open and the ugly beasts leapt atop of Janson. He screamed in agony as the monsters clawed and ate away at him. You jumped back and ran into Teresa who had Thomas over her shoulder already.
"Come on, we have to get out of here!" She shouted to you and you put Thomas's other arm around your shoulders. The two of you dragged the bleeding boy out, ready for all of this to finally be over.