Life Update

I haven't written anymore of this since September 2020 and for that I wanna say I am very sorry.
2020 for everyone has been crap.
I wanted to put this as a chapter update instead of in the news feed because I fear everyone wouldn't see this otherwise.

No, I'm not stopping this story.
Life just happened.
I may get a little too personal here, but I feel like you guys should know what's been going on.

November of 2019 the relationship between me and my son's father started to become strained and distant.
He seemed to rather want to go off and hang out with other people than spend time our family. I have no problem with my partner having friends, but I have a problem with my partner hanging out with women who are strangers to me, refuses to let me meet them, and a partner that gives away about $280 a pay check to other people. His own parents thought he was cheating on me.

November 2020 I had had enough. I told him I wanted to call it quits. By this point he had already told me he never wanted to marry me. So I felt strung along for over 4 years.

When we broke things off he told me he had been looking for another partner for the past year. No surprise there. But apparently he meant to ADD. Claiming he's polyamorous. Now, I don't have anything against those in polyamorous relationships, but I made it very clear to him on multiple occasions that I AM NOT polyamorous.

So we broke it off and I got involved with my best friend of 10 years. Who admitted to me in 2014 he loved me but he respected my relationship. Never once did he try to sway me otherwise.

My ex found out about it and he was throwing a fit because apparently I moved on too fast.
When in reality, he found out that the girl he was chasing was probably getting back with her ex. He told his sister that it was okay; he had me at home.
No.
No he didn't.
So. Yeah.

All he was worried about was himself.
The girl he was chasing - apparently they're a thing. I don't particularly care unless it involves our son. The woman he's involved with is currently going through rehab for drug addiction.
I've met her personally. She's not a bad woman, just has a bad habit. But I have to look out for my son. The other woman, as a mother herself, understands completely, but my ex is throwing a hissy fit over it because his family was/is more accepting of my new partner than his.

My partner and I got married this past May and I moved from North Carolina to Colorado in June.
Then to find out a week later my new husband's family wants to move to North Carolina.

I've been dealing with a tantrum throwing man-child and trying to get me and my son's life back to some form of structure this past year.
Fortunately, things for us have been SO MUCH better!
My son has known my husband since he was 2 years old whenever my husband and I were just friends. So there wasn't any shock on my son's part.

To be honest, my son is still in North Carolina right now. My ex's mom (my son's Nana) and her husband have temporary guardianship. Her and I put this in place for two reasons. 1: we both can't trust my ex to be responsible or not do something stupid based on impulse; and 2: I didn't feel it was responsible for me to bring my young child halfway across the country not knowing how things are going to go.
So I've been dealing with the emotions of that as well. I video chat with him regularly so that helps. And my son is completely aware of what is going on. We're very open and honest with him.
At this time he doesn't know we're moving back to North Carolina in case the move gets pushed further back by events that are out of our control. Everyone else, however, does.

On top of everything I have been trying to do digital art commissions to try and make some extra income. My husband is the only one working right now. Since we'll be moving in less than 2 months, there isn't a point in me getting a job right now.

I'm very sorry that Hello Again has been put on the back burner, but I hope you can understand why.

I just haven't found anytime to write other than in my personal journal.

And I sincerely apologize for that.
Just know that I read every comment that you guys post and I am so grateful that you guys love this story enough to still want more updates.

Forever grateful,

DJ-Kyoto