What is Caring?

Agnes awoke in a chamber illuminated in dim, blue light. She was a bit confused as to why she was awake. A glance at the clock told Agnes that the time was within the hour of 5 AM. Frustrated with her unwelcomed early rising, Agnes threw her legs over the bedside and forced herself into a seated position. She looked about her bedroom chamber. She saw Beatrice sleeping between the bed pillow and the wall. She saw her book containing Magical Theory lesson plans on the nearby table. She saw her calendar she used to mark the day. The calendar revealed that the students that left for Winter Holiday would be returning later in the day. Agnes sighed and flopped onto her side. The motion briefly disturbed Beatrice's slumber. The feline lifted her head to assess her surroundings. Finding no threats, Beatrice laid her head down and closed her eyes once again.

Bloody hell… Why am I up so early? Ugh.

Agnes tried to follow Beatrice's example and go back to sleep as well, but she tossed and turned. Her mind and body weren't tired. The witch continued her restless antics for a long while. The sun had risen more, making the room brighter, and the songbirds started to make themselves heard. Agnes looked at her clock once more and read it was a little past 10:00 AM.
Acknowledging that she wouldn't be getting any more rest, the witch stood from her bed and began her day.

After tending to her human morning routine and getting dressed, Agnes donned her robe to depart. Once Beatrice's fresh food and water were provided, Agnes opened the door to leave. She closed the door behind her and turned to go to the left like she always did. But she stopped herself mid pace.

A black lump had caught her eye. It was out of place and didn't belong there. Upon further inspection, Agnes noted that this mass moved ever so slightly. It was… breathing! Agnes approached the thing with caution. She readied herself to reach for her wand if need be. She moved closer and became even more alarmed. Lowering her wand, Agnes gaped at the sight before her.
Laying in the corridor across from her bedroom chamber was a sleeping Severus Snape.

Agnes's shoulders slumped forward as she sighed. Completely putting away her wand now, she walked to the slumbering man's side.

"Hey!" Agnes called. There was no response - no sign of movement.
"Hey!" She called louder. Nothing happened.

Agnes prodded Snape with the tip of her boot. "Hey!"
Still nothing.

She lifted her foot and rocked Severus's shoulder with the upper sole of her boot. "HEY!"
Still the man did not stir.

More annoyed than ever now, Agnes shook the man harder. Her foot rose and fell in a stomping motion. "HEY! Get up, GET UP you lazy git!"

Snape's body shook violently. Snape jumped and crawled to the side to avoid any further attacks. He looked up to face his unknown assaulter with widened eyes.
"Stop, STOP! Unhand me! What is the meaning of this you-" Severus silenced upon seeing a flustered Agnes standing over him. In one swift motion, the Potions Professor stood to his feet.
"What is the meaning of this? Explain yourself!"

"Explain MYSELF?!" Agnes quipped in gaw. "YOU'RE the one out here sleeping outside of my chamber door. Explain YOURSELF!"

Severus opened his mouth to speak, but stopped himself to observe his surroundings. He saw Agnes standing to the front of him with her closed fists placed firmly on her hips. He saw to the left of him the door leading to Agnes's private chambers. He saw where he stood, but he was confused. He couldn't recall himself ever going to this part of the castle. He couldn't remember.
He remembered reading in his own private chambers in bed the night before. And he remembered closing his book on the bedside table before turning in for the night.
"I…" Severus lost himself trying to reason why he was in this predicament.