Tear Me Down

Here we are! Agnes tried to reach up to reach the book she was after. Unfortunately, even when wearing three-inch heels, Agnes wasn't even close. In the end, she was forced to cast accio for assistance. Agnes inspected the ancient looking book. The cover read "Gamp's Law of Elemental Transfiguration." This was just the book that Agnes was looking for. Yes, McGonagall was the the Transfiguration professor, but Transfiguration has its own theories and laws. It was a different form of magic on its own. The seventh years are supposed to cover the Magical Theory of Transfiguration; however, Agnes didn't have a seventh year class. For now, this was a personal research project. Agnes planned to take notes then follow up by visiting Professor McGonagall. Teamwork, right?

It was Agnes' free period. Though extremely tired, she wasn't going to fall asleep on her students like she had yesterday. Dumbledore hadn't spoken to her about the incident, so Agnes assumed that the Headmaster understood. After all, that old geezer seemed to know about everything that happened at Hogwarts. If Agnes didn't know any better, she would assume there were cameras. But, Agnes knew there weren't.

Agnes had an hour and a half before her first class started. She had plenty of time to begin her educational reading. Agnes checked out the book, ignoring the curious look she received from the librarian, and was on her way. Time to go back to the ol' dungeons.

It was a normal, quiet stroll about the dungeons. The students were all in their respective classes. More importantly, that meant Severus Snape was out of her hair - unless he also had a morning free period. As far as Agnes knew, he didn't. Rejoyce! There was no one to bother her. No students, and no Severus. This was going to be a very productive morning.

Agnes was blissfully alone. She was accompanied only by the clicking of her heeled boots on cobblestone, and the dungeon's ambience. Agnes had taken the back way through the dungeons so to not be disturbed. She had passed the entryway to the Slytherins' Common Room and kept straight. She just had a couple flights of stairs left. Up the stairs she went. The corridor up ahead was Snape's Potions class. Snape would be occupied, and Agnes would be home free.

Unfortunately, Agnes wasn't so lucky. An explosion shook the whole floor of the dungeon. The one responsible would not be having a very good day.

Agnes saw blue fumes burst into the hallway. She was a good distance away. She assumed the door had been opened from the blast. Knowing Severus' temper, though, the door would be magically closed again so any passerbies wouldn't hear him yelling.

"No, you blithering idiot! Don't add more to it!"

Hm, Agnes thought. Must have been wrong.

Another explosion. A black mass fluttered as it was thrown into the dungeon's hall. For a few moments, it remained motionless. Agnes took a tentative step forward. The black heap sprung to its feet to reveal that black mass to be Professor Severus Snape. Agnes clamped a hand over her mouth to muffle any giggles that might escape. None did.

Severus pointed a finger into the classroom, more than likely to the guilty culprit, and took a few quick steps toward the doorway. "Detention for a week, Mr. Romaine, and fifty points from Hufflepuff! When I say no more, Romaine, it means no more! Let this be a note to the rest of you: never substitute Horned Slugs with Flobberworm Mucus! Especially when your substitution is a result of negligence and being wasteful!"

Agnes heard snickers and giggles from the unseen students. She took this opportunity to turn back the way she had came.

"Why," she heard Snape's voice echo. "Aren't you all writing this down? Not so fast, Professor Blackwood."