Reflections

Another chapter within 24 hours! Speech to text is awesome. I'm determined to write what I have outlined seeing that life can easily take over. It's hard to pick up a story after walking away from it for a while. My husband's birthday is Monday, but I will try to keep up.
This chapter was meant to be shorter since it's more of a filler to build up what is to come.
I do rather enjoy comments.

~ djkyoto

The doors opened of their own accord as Agnes approached. She walked past the suits of armor standing at attention and into the headmaster's office. All of the other professors were already present. All of them except for the potions master.

“Agnes, come in!” Dumbledore motioned her toward them. “Do take a seat. We were just about to begin.”

Agnes sat on the end of the chairs arranged in a crescent before the headmaster's desk. There was an empty seat between her and Professor Trelawney. Agnes skimmed the faces of the wizards and witches around her to confirm Severus wasn't among them. The potions master indeed was not here.

“I trust all of the students are on track as well as they could be?”

The professors nodded and mumbled their saying this statement to be true

“As far as we are aware,” McGonigle reported.

Dumbledore nodded upon hearing this. “Excellent. The midterm exams are fast approaching, but they must work to be prepared for the O.W.L.S. It is our jobs as their professors to teach and mentor them as best we can.

“Now, on to the matter I had called all of you here. I had thought perhaps we could hold the Christmas celebrations a bit differently this year. You all have worked so hard and I felt we could take the opportunity to spend an evening at the Three Broomsticks. We'd need to send out permission slips for the students that are staying over the winter holidays, of course.”

The professors chattered in excitement among themselves. That definitely would be different. McGonagall cleared her throat to have everyone's attention.

“Headmaster Dumbledore, what of the students whose permission slips say they are not allowed to attend?”

Dumbledore leaned back in his chair and folded his hands over his abdomen. “Then I could hold a celebration at Hogwarts.”

“Who would supervise?” McGonagall asked.

“Why, I would,” Dumbledore answered. “We would have a lovely time. Unless anyone objects?” Many of the professors shook their heads no. Others preferred to say the word.

“So we are all in agreement?” Dumbledore asked. The majority nodded. Agnes looked to the others. She honestly didn't care one way or another. “Very well,” Dumbledore clapped his hands together. “Unless there is any other matter that needs addressing, I hope you all enjoy the rest of your Saturday.”

Agnes didn't have to be told twice. She stood and left the headmaster's office. Saturday meant tutoring with Juno. Magical Theory wasn't completely what Agnes helped Juno with. She also assisted the student in Charms. Juno had expressed a great dislike of Professor Flitwick far before the Ravenclaw incident. No doubt that Juno would now find another reason to detest the charms master.
If you could call him a charms ‘master.’

As with any Saturday, the halls were empty on the floor that held her classroom. Agnes was able to reach her destination rather quickly. Juno had beaten her today. The Slytherin seated herself on the far corner of the front row. She was busying herself by reading a textbook. Agnes walked to the radio on her desk and pressed the play button. The slow ballad continued where it had left off before the stop button had been used.