𝟎𝟕

- The Sacrifice

Elizabeth was awoken in the middle of the night by a loud bang, she winced as she turned over attempting to go back asleep but another loud bang woke her up startled she shot up from the bed with a frown as she climbed out of her blanket before ma...

Elizabeth was awoken in the middle of the night by a loud bang, she winced as she turned over attempting to go back asleep but another loud bang woke her up startled she shot up from the bed with a frown as she climbed out of her blanket before making her way out of her bedroom her eyes scanning down the hallway as she started making her way towards Elena's room.

The sound of footsteps was heard from behind her causing her to turn around with a loud gasp startled by his presence as she placed her hand against her chest in attempt to control her pounding heart, " You idiot! You nearly gave me a heart attack" Alaric eyes widened at the sight of his girlfriend's daughter before he coughed and awkwardly placed the bowl of cereal that was in his hands in front of his boxes trying to cover up what he was half naked.

Lizzie let out an amused huff as she placed her hands on her hips and explained, " I heard something thought it might of been Elena or Jeremy" Jenna suddenly appeared from out of her bedroom with an horrified look on her face that her daughter had caught them together before she shook her head and said, " Nope. That was us, I'm sorry"

"We didn't think anyone else was up" Alaric awkwardly stated with a shrug causing Lizzie to cringe slightly glancing between her mother and her history teacher but what the blonde didn't realise was that Jonas Martin had gone into her room grabbing a photo of the blonde smiling brightly wearing her cheering uniform, some blonde hair that was in her hairbrush and some of her jewellery.

Jenna let out a sigh sending an apologetic look to her daughter and trailed off," but here you are and here we are" Alaric who was glancing between the mother daughter duo tried to make an excuse, " we we're just... Chucky Monkey?" He offered holding the bowl out for Lizzie who chuckled raising her brows at him in response.

"I'm not really hungry, at all" Lizzie shook her head her eyes glanced to her mother with a horrified expression and mumbled, " but I am pretty sure I'm scarred for life. There's just some things daughters just shouldn't see and this is one of them"

Alaric who noticed the awkward silence nodded his head slightly and exclaimed, " Well, I'm naked, so I'm gonna go" he sent one last look to Lizzie before he scurried away avoiding eye contact with the blonde. Lizzie sent an amused look to her mother before making her way back to her bedroom only to stop when Jenna called out, " I'm really, really sorry"

"It's okay, Mom, don't worry about it" Lizzie breathed out with a small smile on her face as Jenna took a step towards her daughter and took her hand squeezing it slightly as she stated, " I know he's been staying over a lot. Are you sure it's okay?"

Elizabeth nodded her head in confirmation as she tilting her head to the side with a look on face and said, " Yeah, he makes you happy and I haven't seen you this happy in a long time" Jenna couldn't help the smile on her face as a deep blush coated her cheeks at the thought of Alaric, " Things are extremely good between us"