𝟏𝟏

- Daddy Issues

"Good morning" John greeted his daughter as soon as she walked into the kitchen as he grabbed the remote turning off the news as Elena clenched her jaw narrowing her eyes at her biological father and harshly asked, " what are you doing here?"

John ignored the doppelgänger question as he turned his attention to the brunette holding out a cup and asked, " Coffee?" Elena rolled her eyes in annoyance with a shake of her head and commented, " we're not doing that. We did that last night. No more avoiding. Why are you here?"

" I'm here to protect you. That's all I can say for the moment" John revealed after a moment of silence causing Elena to scoff folding her arms across her chest as she eyed John curiously and sarcastically asked, " what do you mean that's all you can say?"

"I'll tell you more when I'm convinced that i can trust you" John informed with a shrug causing Elena to roll her eyes in agitation as Elizabeth walked into the room reading a text message from Caroline with wide eyes as Tyler had cornered her about who actually killed his uncle Mason.

Elizabeth let out a heavy sigh as she placed her phone in her pocket before looking up only for her eyes to winded at the sight of John Gilbert, " what the hell are you doing here?" The blonde questioned staring at the older man in disgust but before he could answer Jenna came rushing into the kitchen placing her bag on the kitchen table and exclaimed, " Oh, god, I'm late"

"That's what you get from hitting the snooze three times" Alaric commented with an amused grin but both of their smiles faded from their lips when they realized John was standing in the room causing Jenna to look between her daughter and Elena in confused and mumbled under her breathe, " what the hell?"

John smirked taunting at him Jenna and Alaric and sarcastically spoke, " good morning to you, Elizabeth, Jenna, Alaric" Elizabeth rolled her eyes shooting John a look as Jenna frowned staring between the two girls before turning to glance at John and stated, " it's okay I'm confused, right? Because we were not expecting you, like ever"

"Well, I got in late last night. Elena let me in" John explained as he looked between the daughter and mother duo with a smug smile on his face causing a scowl to appear on the strawberry blonde girl face when Alaric looked between the four of them awkwardly and informed, " you know, I'm, uh, probably just gonna take off"

Alaric sent one last look to the three girls before turning around and leaving the house as Elizabeth raised her brows narrowing her eyes at John and exclaimed, " I'm still confused on why you're here. Especially since nobody here likes you or even wants you here"

Elena looked down at the ground with an amused smile on her face at her cousin's comment before John let out a heavy sigh staring at Jenna and explained, " I decided to come back and stay a while" Jenna scoffed in disbelief glaring at the man and resorted, " Not here your not"