Chapter 10 - Birthday

Tini

I totally looked forward to the next day. Tomorrow I would be 17. Finally. The second season was finished, too and I had more free time now. More free time for school, more free time for myself and more free time for my boyfriend. This trick with the alcohol really was successful. In every glass I gave Javi, I mixed rum in it and now he was so cute like when I met him first. Although it was really weird. Usually people get crazy and aggressive, when they get drunk, but Javier was the opposite. Now the doorbell rang. Sure, this must be Javi, we wanted to meet today, I almost forgot.

When I opened the door, he nearly ran into the house and leaned against the wall. “Tini, we have to talk.” He started. Oje! This can’t mean any good news. “What is it?” I asked him. Javi didn’t knew, how he should begin, but then he just said: “I break up with you. I’m in love with another girl.” “What?” I asked and was so angry and desperate I nearly broke the glass in my hand. “It is over.” Javi said and sounded relaxed. “You are such an ass!” I shouted and threw my glass in his direction. It broke just a few inches next to him. “Get away or I swear I will kill you! I will never see you again!” “Tina, you…” “I said: OUT!” Now he really left and I sank down on the floor. I looked to the broken glass. I wanted to cry scream and hit something, but all I was doing was sitting on the floor. I couldn’t move. That asshole left me on the day before my birthday! But I was sure, that he wasn’t even aware of that.

I slammed the door and ran away. Just like this. Anywhere. I never was so irrational, but in this moment I didn’t want to be rational. I ran on an on even when my feet hurt and I couldn’t breathe anymore. Because now I had a target which let me forget the pain. When I saw the house I stayed for a second and took a deep breath. I just had to go to Jorge, I needed him right now. I searched the bell shield and then I ringed. But nobody opened. Of course not, certainly he was at Stephie’s place. But also, when I ringed at Lodo’s or Cande’s, nobody was at home. It was actually a really stupid idea to come here. Then I pushed every  bell shield I could find and finally somebody opened the door. With my last strength I dragged myself up to the third stage until I stood in front of Jorge’s apartment. I shortly knocked, although I knew nobody would open me.

So I sat down where my tears came out of my eyes like a flood. Two hours before, when Javi broke up with me I couldn’t cry, but now, when I am sitting alone on a floor, I can’t hold my tears? What the hell was wrong with me? This can’t be normal!

A few minutes later I noticed that I could call Jorge or anyone of my friends, but then I also noticed that I left my cellphone at home. That’s so me! This is definitely not my day and today it wasn’t a lie, I was totally serious. After I sat like one hour on this floor – and nobody came – my tears stopped to flow and I was getting tired. So I laid down and fell asleep.

Jorge

“You know something about Tini? I can’t reach her.” Mechi asked me. “No, sorry. I tried, too, but she doesn’t answer her phone.” I replied. “I hope nothing terrible happened.” She meant. “Let’s go to her house. Maybe she is there and ran out of battery.” I said and Mechi nodded. But he wasn’t there either. “She could be with Cristiana or Lodo.” “No, I already called Cristiana. She’s not with her. But maybe Lodo.” She called her. “She doesn’t answer. So it could be possible.” “Okay, then let’s visit Lodo.” I said and Mechi nodded.

When we arrived at Lodo’s apartment, she was home, but it seemed that she just arrived, too. “Hey, guys. Come in.” “Thanks, do you know where Tini is? She doesn’t answer her phone.” I asked her. “No idea. But I think she wanted to do something with Javier, because he has no time tomorrow.” “On her birthday he has no TIME?” Mechi wondered. “You’re kidding me, right?” I said, but Lodo shook her head. And that is Tini’s boyfriend, I can’t believe it.