Chapter 2 - On the set

Tini

When I arrived on the set, which wasn’t far away from my home, I suddenly got so nervous, that I could hardly breathe. Cristiana helped me to buy new clothes and I was so proud of one outfit, that I had to wear it immediately. Actually, I’m not a dress-type, instead I prefer pants, but this dress was beautiful, so I changed my mind. Now I was standing in a corner of the hall, wearing a dress with red and white flowers and my heart was beating so fast, it almost hurt.

Oh my God, why did I have to be so freaking nervous? Usually in similar situations, I tip something on my cell phone then, but because of my excitement I forgot to take it with me. Just my luck!

Meanwhile more and more persons came into the hall and chatted. It seemed that they knew each other already. For a short moment I got an eyeful and saw two girls talking on the other side, one brunette with a red cast, the other one black-haired. Another girl, who was close to a man, was blonde and appealed be very friendly and funny. All seemed to be nice, but in one thing I was sure: All of them were at least 18 years old. What makes them 4 years older than me. Was I really the youngest here?

Now, despair is added with my nervousness and I nearly wasn’t able to take it anymore. That’s why I sat on one of the chairs in the middle of the room and took a deep breath. These thoughts came into my mind one more time. What, if they don’t like me at all? What, if I’m not good enough? What, if they were wrong about me? That would be a colossal disgrace. I suppressed my thoughts again and tried to calm down a little bit, but I wasn’t very successful. My hands shivered and my head was hot. I was nearby a heart-attack. And a few seconds later I thought the heart-attack occurred.

Because… HE entered the room now. A boy, also about 18, and was so attractive, my heart skipped a beat. My shiver stopped, but instead my knees began to buckle. I’m glad that I was sitting already. The boy was alone and apparently didn’t know the others, too. But compared with me, he was much more self-confident right now.

Finally he went in my direction until he stopped hardly a meter in front of me. “Everything okay?” he asked me with a slight smile. His smile was one of those which makes somebody feel warm all over. I wanted to answer something, but I couldn’t. I was tongue-tied, so I nodded. “Do you want a bubble gum? It helps against nervousness, believe me.” He said and I hoped, he wouldn’t guess, WHY I was that nervous. Well, first day on the set it’s not the easiest to deal with, but this boy exacerbates my situation. So I nodded another time and tried to smile as well. I hope it doesn’t look as intense as it was. Then he zipped his jacket pocket and gave me a gum.

“Thanks.” I said and managed to bring about a real smile. It was my favorite, the one with the watermelon-flavor. And he was absolutely right. It helped a lot. Once again I took a deep breath. “Better now?” he asked and I nodded thankful. “Yeah, much better.” He smiled and ran his fingers through his hair, which fell him into his face.

The boy had a cool style. It was not really fashionable, but it wasn't neither unfashionable. It was classic. A pair of faded jeans, black sneakers and a checkered shirt. Over the shirt he wore the leather jacket, I already mentioned. And his smile... I noticed from the first moment that he was a special guy.

"What's your name by the way?" I felt comfortable with his presence. "Oh, right. I'm Martina. But everyone calls me Tini or Tina." My friends called me Tini and only my parents called me Tina, "My name is Jorge and everybody calls me like that." he grinned and made me smile.

"You're playing Violetta Castillo, aren't you?" I nodded. "Yes, how do you know?" "I didn't know, but I guessed. I also read the script. You had to be Violetta." "Sure. Oh God, of course, I'm so stupid. You're playing Tomás, right?" I assumed. He just could play Tomás, the cute and helpful boy. But Jorge shook his head. "No, I'm playing León." What? This cute guy should play León? “Really? This arrogant and selfish idiot?” “Yes, but I heard, that he will be likable in the end. But I like to play a bad guy. It’s fun.” He meant and grinned. “Okay. Show me.”

Jorge crossed his arms and his look was cloudy. “Are you looking for trouble?” he asked and sounded scary. A cold shiver ran down my back, but then he was his old self again. “Wow, that was amazing.” I said and he thanked me. “Do you know the story of Violetta?” I nodded. “Yeah, a girl who finds out, that singing is what she wants and lies to her father about it, because he wants to stop her.” “And details?” “Well, Angie is Violetta’s aunt and her mother died when she was a little child. And she also falls in love with Tomás.” What a pity, Jorge doesn’t play the Tomás, I thought and smiled a bit. Jorge grinned. “What? Do you know more?” He shrugged and smirked. What did he know, I didn’t know?

Jorge

Tini was cute. She was shy in the beginning, but I think now she isn’t anymore. To be honest, she is fascinating. She was not more than 16 years old and according to the director she must sing very well. I could perfectly imagine that Tini fits in her role as Violetta. A little bit shy, but knows, what she wants.

She seemed to be a bit disappointed, when I told her I’d play the León. Or was that wishful thinking? Well, anyway I know something, she doesn’t know.

“Hello everybody.” shouted a male voice. It was the director. “Great, you’re all present.” Actually there were at least 15 persons in the room, all the important characters. I didn’t notice, because of Tini.

The director and the screenwriters explained everything, what we should know before we finally could go. From the next day on our dancing lessons began while the setting has to be finished.

Tini

On the way home I was happy. On the one hand, because everyone being friendly, but on the other hand because of Jorge. He had such a cute smile and when he did, he had dimples. I didn’t feel like that before since…oh I don’t know. I can’t describe this feeling. But I did know, that I – although I knew him for just a few hours – had a crush on him.

Cristiana wanted to know everything, of course. When I told her about Jorge, she realized, that I liked him very much. “What is his age?” she asked, but I couldn’t answer correctly. I didn’t know either. “I don’t know. I think he’s around 17. Maybe 18.” “Tini! He is definitely too old for you.” I KNOW! YOU DON’T NEED TO TELL ME! I thought provoked. “I know. But he’s nice. I think, we could be friends.” I said calmed down. “When do you have to be on the set tomorrow?” “At noon for two hours. But that is not general. Dancing lessons are always on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 2PM to 3PM. And my practices daily from 1 PM to 4PM.” “So you wanna tell me, you miss every day your last two lessons in school? You’re so lucky!”

I hope you liked it so far. If you have any questions just ask. And i hope i can answer... :D