iii

Hours after sitting on the ledge of the Drop Ship door, Murphy came back for his turn to help me walk. I do have to say that I was a little surprised to see him. It was three hours since Thomas had told them to be with me to walk. I thought that meant Bellamy and Murphy would trade off. Instead Bellamy helped me.

Murphy looked angry and didn't even look at me. He gripped my arm, almost too tight, and picked me up. "Whoa. Careful! Precious cargo here!" I hollered as I was jerked from my spot to a standing position. I was scared. What if I fell?

"What ever." Murphy grunted from my weight. I hissed when his grip got too tight on my arm. "Sorry. It's just that Wells guy gets on my last nerve!"

"Mine too, but you don't see me jerking around someone who can't walk." I snapped with a frown. "You know what? Go get Bellamy. I can't stand you."

"Excuse me? You can't stand at all!" He tried to joke. I'll admit it got me to laugh. "I'm sorry I'm being such a dick." I barely heard it. Maybe I wasn't to hear it at all. "Okay try moving on leg in front of the other."

"Oh man! I was walking all wrong before! I thought it was one leg behind the-"

"All right smart ass. You wanna learn to walk on your own or not?" He snapped. I gave him a sharp look and straightened my body. Of course I wanted to do this on my own; but if I did, I'd fall on my ass.

I tried lifting my right leg. I smiled a toothy grin when it lifted like I wanted it too. I lifted my left leg and it lifted. I was beyond happy. Granted all my weight was on Murphy, but I could swing my legs if I can't hold myself up.

Murphy moved behind me and held my waist. His cool hands brushed my hips and a chill went through my whole body. It was like nothing I've ever felt before. It was nice, calming, relaxing even.

I held my arms out to my sides and moved one leg in front of the other. When it touched the soft dirt, I laughed. I was giddy and moved to my other leg too quickly and before I knew it I was on the ground with a very heavy John Murphy laying on top of me. I pounded a fist into the dirt.

I was pissed. "Slower next time, Bambi." Murphy chuckled and picked me up. "I have an idea. Before we actually walk, let's see if we can actually stand first." We. I smiled, but quickly got rid of it. I didn't want him thinking he was cute or something. Which he was but I'm not letting his ego know that.

"I saw that," he whispered in my ear. His hot breath licked my skin making me close my eyes. Again, a feeling never felt before. I cleared my throat letting him know it was a moment that shouldn't happen.

His hands were on my hips again, only this time he was standing in front of me. He looked down at me feet. His messy hair covered his face and I felt pressure on my feet.

I was standing. I was actually standing. "Oh my god!" I almost jumped, but stopped because I might fall again. Murphy looked up and smiled a heavenly smile and released his hands from my hips. A ghost feeling was left. Looking in his eyes, I knew he was happy I could walk. Just as happy as I was. Maybe it was because now he wouldn't have to stop terrorizing people. Maybe it was because he was happy I could walk. Maybe he was just happy to be with me.

He put his hands in his black jacket pockets and rocked back an forth in his combat boots. A light smile crossed his features. It was amazing. I'd never seen a smile so wonderful before.

"Lilith!" A deep voice called from behind me. I was too distracted by the beautiful creature in front of me to notice who it was. "Look at you! You're standing!" Bellamy walked in front of my and picked me up. I giggled and laughed along with him.

"I know!" I cheered. "I feel like running!" I smiled as he set me down. "You think it's okay for me to run?"

"Sure, I don't see why not." He said sarcastically. "Not yet, okay? Take it easy and walk around a bit."

I nodded and turned around to ask Murphy if he wanted to go on a walk, but he was gone. I frowned and turned back to Bellamy. "Wanna come with me?" I asked.

"No," he said and ran off to a crowd that had gathered on the other side of the Drop Ship door. "Hey, what's going on?"

I looked at the group that had gathered around Wells and Murphy. Then I saw the carved writing on the Drop Ship exterior. 'First son, first to dye'. I had to stop myself from laughing at the misspelling of die.

"You spelled die wrong geniuses." Wells said then bumped past Murphy and his followers. I rolled my eyes.

"If you plan on killing someone, it's best not to announce it." Bellamy joked with Murphy. The two then got into a discussion about something.

I wanted to walk. To run. To play. My, now useful, legs took me off toward the woods. It was beautiful. Green and brown. I didn't know there were so many shades of colors.

My hand touched a tree trunk and felt the texture. It was rough and bumpy. My fingers grazed a green leaf. Sure I'd felt leaves before but never soft like these.

I began to hum a tune my mother used to hum to me. She would have loved it here. She would be twirling around and singing and jumping. She would be running through the trees and climbing them. She would be dragging me with her through the woods.

I opened my eyes and whipped a tear from my face. Of course, now mom would never know Earth. Not since dad sliced and diced her. I shudder at the thought and push it back. It was horrific and bloody and ever since then I couldn't handle blood.

"Thought I'd find you out here." A voice I had grown to love laughed. A twig broke and I turned around and smiled.

"Blake, you're going to have to stop following me around." I crossed my arms. "Where's your sister again? I'm dying to meet her."

"She's out there," Bell pointed off in the distance. "But I'm here to ask you what's up with you and Murphy?"

"Me and Murphy?" I questioned. I felt a blush come on and willed it away. "There is no Lilith and Murphy." I said firmly. "He's just a guy who happens to have helped me walk."

"Right. And I don't have a sister." Bellamy rolled his eyes. "I mean, you guys had a moment back there and I kinda walked into it before I realized what was going on; sorry about that."

"We-we didn't have a m-moment. What?" I lamely tried to play it off.

"I think he likes you." My head snapped from the brown tree I was looking at to Bellamy. My eyes widened and I crossed my arms over my chest.

"I call bullshit." I popped one foot out and stood on the other. No way Murphy liked me. He didn't seem to like any one besides his followers. He didn't like me. He simply could stand me more than other people.

***

Cute Lilith/Murphy moment! What would their ship name be?  Murlith? Lilphy?