ix

In this moment I felt completely safe. I knew so thanks to the arm that was wrapped around my shoulder. Murphy hadn't moved, and neither had I. Bellamy was long gone, leaving the two of us alone together. It was nice to be able to enjoy something as wonderful as Earth with someone as wonderful as Murphy.

Sure, Murphy scared the daylights out of me, but he also made everywhere feel like home. He made the word 'unsafe' banish from my mind. I felt more safe here then back on the Ark.

Yes, I felt bad that I was enjoying Murphy more than I had ever enjoyed Allen. And yes, I felt terrible that I was doing all this stuff without him. But I can't help what he did to get floated. And I couldn't help who I liked. I couldn't help anything.

What I could help, though, was what I did about these feelings for Murphy. Should I tell him? Should I not? What if he didn't like me the same? Saw me as a little sister instead...

"What are you thinking so hard about?" Murphy mumbled. His voice vibrated through my body and I felt at peace once more.

"Nothing." I smiled and looked at him. He smiled too, making my heart flutter. He moved so that we were laying in the grassy part of the dirt.

"I know that look," he spoke and his deep vibrations moved through my body. I smiled and flattened my hand over his heart. It was pounding. Almost as much as mine was at the moment. "I know you're thinking about something." I could hear the smile in his voice.

"Okay," I laughed. "I was thinking about how wonderful Earth is. I have never in my life seen so much green. There are so many shades," I flopped on my back and spread out with a smile on my face. I closed my eyes and moved my hands through the grass. "I mean! Look at this place."

He chuckled, "yeah. The girls aren't bad either." My heart plummeted. The girls aren't bad? The GIRLS? Plural. G-i-r-l-S. Girls. I sat up and smiled at him.

"This has been great," I patted his leg. He propped himself up in his elbow and smiled at me. "But I think Bellamy needed me for something back at camp."

I stood up and brushed my butt of dirt. I heard Murphy grunt as he stood up and brushed himself of dirt, too. "I'll walk with you," he suggested.

"No. It's okay. I'm a big girl." I patted his chest and started my trek back to camp. Bellamy didn't really need me for something. It just hurt to know Murphy said girls.

***

I handed Bellamy a tool and clapped my hands together. "So..." I trailed off happily. Bellamy was currently working on making some contraption that would help him hunt better.

"So?" He chuckled over his shoulder. I sighed heavily and rolled my eyes. "Yes, if you must know." He put the tools down and leaned on the makeshift table he was standing next to. I was sat on his cot fidgeting my hands.

"What?" I asked. He smiled and made his way to sit next to me. "Oh no, this isn't going to be a big brother thing, is it?" I groaned.