v

I ran to Clarke and Finn and looked at the black goggles. Murphy, Bell, and Wells came up to us. "What's that?" Bellamy asked.

"Jasper's goggles. And look, blood." Finn said pointing to the ground. Just then an inhuman groan came barreling through the thicket. I, being the chicken that I am, gripped the person closest to me.

"It's alright, Bambi." Murphy coxed, rubbing my arm. I felt safe for the first time since being here. I felt like nothing could hurt me if he was holding me. Nothing could touch me. Granted I felt safe with Bellamy too, but I felt a different type of safe with Murphy.

We started to walk towards the sound. In a clearing, hung on a tree, was Jasper. I gasped and slipped from Murphy's hold. My hand touched my lips as I looked in horror at the dying form in the tree.

Jasper was pale, and unconscious. He was cut and bruised. It was terrifying. I had a sudden flashback of seeing my mother.

The steel door was heavy as I pushed it open. When I did, I regretted it. Sat tied up in a chair was my mother. Her head was bowed and her brown hair covered her face. Blood, so much blood, was pooled around her body.

I ran up to her to see her. I fell to my knees and placed my ten year old hands on her pale face. I cupped her chin and made her look at me. Her eyes... they... they were gone. I screamed as loud as I could and fell back on my butt and slid away.

"What the hell!?" My dad shouted, coming into the room holding a bloody knife. His clothing was drenched in blood. My mothers blood. A sadistic smile was placed on his face and he pointed the knife at me. "Wanna join?"

I gasped for air and fell to my knees, holding my chest. I gasped for air again, and started to loose my vision. I couldn't breathe. Bellamy, I think it was Bellamy, fell to his knees next to me and placed his hands on my shoulders. He was saying something but all I could hear was my mothers last scream for air as my dad jammed the knife into her neck.

And then everything went south from there. As if dying Jasper and panic attack me aren't enough, the Gods above sent in a black cat like creature. A panther, I think it's called, slithered into the opening of the tree line and growled. He jumped about and I heard gun shots but didn't know where from.

Then it disappeared. I was scared for two reasons. One, war flashbacks; two a damn Panther was on the prowl. It was hidden by some green shrubs. And then the worst possible thing happened.

It jumped at Bellamy and me. With one final shot, it landed mid jump in front of us. "Now she sees you," Bellamy said to Wells. And then everything went black.

***

I groaned and blinked my eyes open. They were meet with a tent like ceiling. Confused I sat up; but regretted it. My head ached and I fell back on something soft. I willed the headache away and opened my eyes again.

I came face to face with Murphy.

"What the hell?" I groaned and sat up. Stupid idea, as we bumped heads and I fell back on what looks to be a cot. "Ow."

"Bambi," he chuckled rubbing his forehead. "You alright?" Of course I wasn't alright! I just woke up with a killer headache and then bumped head with a delinquent. But none of that came out of my mouth. I only glared at him.

"Seriously though. You had some type of panic attack when you saw Jasper and passed out." He said and sat on the end of the cot.

"I'm fine." I snapped. I did not want to talk about it. "Where am I?" I ask and stood up.

"My tent." He stated annoyingly. Good, he was just as annoyed as I felt. I was also embarrassed that I had fainted in front of him and the three other, awake, people there.

I heaved a sigh and swatted open the flap to the tent and walked out into the camp. A wall was built and people were actually working on things.

***

I'm very sorry this is so freaking short! OH MY GOD! But I really hope you're enjoying your read. Don't forget to comment and vote! Follow me on social medias! Twitter/instagram httpdallis (I also have kik and if you want that just message me!)