viii

Bellamy had somehow gotten ahead of us as Murphy ran. They were slowed down greatly due to Octavia and I's weight in their arms. My hands were bound around Murphy's neck, my head was in his chest. It was a bumpy ride but I couldn't stop thinking about how nice that Grounder actually was.

He could have killed me. He could have not given me food, or extra clothes. He could have hurt me. But he did none of that. The only bad thing he really did was chain me to the wall. Oh, and he kidnapped me.

And then I remembered Murphy had run off to leave me alone. "Wait, wait." I said confused. "Murphy," my voice was becoming normal again. "Stop." He slowed his pace and came to a stop. I was still cradled in his arms. "Set me down."

He did as told and placed his hands on his hips. I could see light from ahead and a wall. Camp. I ignored it and glared at Murphy. "Thank you for saving me." I said. I wanted him to know I was thankful before I slathered him.

"No problem. It was my fault you got kidnapped. I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have left you alone like that." He said reaching for me. I jerked away and watched him pull bat sadly. He looked as though he might cry. "I'm sorry."

"I was attacked, John! I was taken by surprise. I was dragged through the woods!" I yelled and stomped my foot. "It is your fault I was taken! This is on you! If he had decided to kill me, my blood would be on your hands! No one else's but yours! And for that, John Murphy, I hate you." I growled out and began to walk off.

"I'm sorry Lilith! Okay? I'm sorry!" He called after me. "I would never forgive myself if something happened to you! Ever." His voice sounded like he was crying, but I didn't care. I was already at the gates of camp and when I walked in Bellamy ran up to me.

"Murphy's gonna get a mouthful," he told me then walked to the gates. I gripped his arm and shook my head no. He didn't need anyone else yelling at him. "He left you alone in the woods, Lilith. I almost killed him when he told me. And then he told me he heard you scream and intend of running back to you he came to me! He heard your yells, but he came to me!"

Bellamy's hands were going wild and I felt that I was the one getting a mouth full. I stepped back and shook my head. Murphy head me scream. He heard me call for help. He was just too chicken to come save me himself. "Fine. Go yell at him." I snapped and walked passed him to the Drop Ship.

When I got inside I saw Finn talking to a beautiful girl I'm sure had not come on the Drop Ship with us. I walked up to them and Finn pulled me into a hug. "Um?" I awkwardly hugged him back. I didn't know Finn that well. In fact, I found him annoying.

"When Murphy said you were missing, that a grounder might have you, I was so worried." But not worried enough to come look for me. I shrugged and looked at the beautiful girl next to him.

"Lilith." I held my hand out. She shook if and smiled.

"Raven." She had a good shake. "This idiots girlfriend." She jabbed a thumb at Finn and laughed. I laughed along. I stopped when a groan came from the second level. It was Jasper. He was still alive. I smiled and went to the stairs.