president laufeyson (oneshot)

Loki's golden watch glinted merrily in the sun as he spread his hands arrogantly to the crowd cheering before him. Individuals were holding handmade signs displaying statements like "I love Loki" and "Loki for president" and all sorts of things that made his ego skyrocket to the moon.

You couldn't help but roll your eyes and smile, rubbing your own golden watch which Loki had gifted you to match his. On the back of the circular timepiece was an inscription that read "my treasure." He had whispered those words to you when he gave you the present, clasping it around your wrist and kissing your knuckles tenderly.

Loki loved adorning you in gold. He had already given you a gold chain to wear around your neck, various gold rings, and now the gold watch. when he presented each treasure to you, he always reminded you that material things could never begin to fully represent the love he has for you. It was a sentiment you took to heart, a sentiment you remembered each time you went to wear the jewelry he bought you.

"... that your country is in the hands of a god, a god who was born to rule."

More ecstatic cheering from the crowd. someone far away shouted, "Loki marry me!" and that's when you knew to step in. Placing a hand on the luxury green material of Loki's suit-covered shoulder, you cast him a reassuring smile. There was a twinkle in his eye that always appeared whenever he stood in front of a crowd. His lips pulled up in a grin as he stepped aside so you could have access to the microphone.

"We promise to serve and protect the people of this nation, no matter what challenges may arise, and to help each individual obtain prosperity. In the care of myself and President Laufeyson, the citizens of this country could not be in better hands."

Balloons stretched toward the sky as people threw their hands in the air, their shouts echoing vibrantly. He placed a hand on the small of your back and encouraged you to wave to the fans below you. You and Loki raised your arms and greeted every citizen.

Your gold watches glowed reassuringly in the sunlight, a sign of prosperity to come.

***

"You were marvelous, my dear," breathed Loki as he threw you on the bed. He was still wearing his horned helmet, which you grabbed onto as he kissed you fervently.

"So were you, my president," you teased.

Something darkened in Loki's eyes which sent butterflies swarming in your stomach. He went feral, nipping at the skin of your neck and leaving hickeys in his path.

He pulled a few moans out of you just by the contact of his lips on your skin, but that was normal for you. In fact, Loki had the power to make you fall apart without even touching you if he so desired.

You reached up and tore off his green blazer, leaving him in just a black dress shirt and a tie. You used the tie to pull him down for a kiss roughly, making him moan in contentment.

Your hands had just crept up the inside of his thigh when there was a rather obnoxious knock on the door. Loki pulled away reluctantly and looked into your eyes.

"Do you have to get that?" you asked.

Loki sighed. As he headed to the door, he shifted uncomfortably in his slacks which had suddenly become much too tight around his lower half.

Loki yanked the door open. "Can I help you?" he asked, not without some bitterness.

A man in an all-black suit wearing black sunglasses mumbled something to Loki who nodded along. You remained alone on the bed, hiding among the blankets so that you hopefully wouldn't be seen.