Chapter 13

"You have made quite the mess, you know. Ghetsis isn't too happy about your betrayal." The voice of an older male could be heard, his footsteps slowly approaching the top of the stairs. 

"I wouldn't really categorize this as betrayal considering I did have this somewhat planned since the beginning." I replied casually, but didn't let my guard down. 

"Sneasel, ice beam."

"Gallade!" 

The ice type attack shot towards us, but shattered as it clashed with Gallade's protect. As Protect wore off, the speaker and his Pokemon made themselves known.

"Zinzolin." I acknowledged the old Sage. "What a pleasure it is to finally battle you!" I smiled, and then gestured to Gallade. "This is my trusted partner, Gallade. Gallade, this is the crazy old man we've heard so little about. What a shame, isn't it? He must not be that strong or important! Right?" Gallade nodded, and stepped forward. 

"You little...! Sneasel, blizzard!" He commanded his Pokemon. 

"Protect!" I shouted, and then quickly turned to Silver. "You, steer the ship, I'll keep this old coot busy."

"I don't exactly know how to steer a flying—" 

"Well just don't let it spin out of control!" I interrupted the redhead, running to my Pokemon to back him up. "Now, Gallade, brick break!" The protective cover disappeared once more, and my fighting Pokemon ran forward, taking a jab at the Sneasel. 

"Jump up and use slash!" Sneasel, who are naturally fast, quickly dodged the brick break and landed a slash attack on Gallade. The blade Pokemon only stumbled back a little, shaking off the normal type attack. 

"Close combat!" Before Sneasel had a chance to react, Gallade furiously attacked, a flurry of jabs and punches being delivered to the Pokemon with a quad weakness to fighting types. One last, strong hit knocked Sneasel back to the feet of it's trainer. 

"I would send out my next Pokemon, but another battle would only allow us to get to your destination." Zinzolin said, looking behind him at the incoming PWT. 

"Just standing there is allowing us to also." I sighed. "Dragonite, Gallade." I turned to them, and they nodded in understanding. Gallade ran off, with Dragonite following behind, going deeper into the ship. "Well two of my strongest Pokemon just left, so would you like to battle now? It may go in your favor." 

"You've got something planned." The sage narrowed his eyes. 

"I mean, it's fine if you don't. That just makes it  easier for me and my friend here to get our job done." I said, gesturing to the quiet redhead at the wheel. "Or you can send your Pokemon out and we can have a battle. If you win, I surrender to Team Plasma and you can keep the Pokemon. But if I win...well we know what would happen." I told him. 

I could see he was clearly frustrated, but he took the chance of fighting. "I suppose if I have the upper hand like you said; then get ready to surrender! Cryogonal!" The man in purple robes threw his Pokeball, releasing another ice type. Cryogonal was pure ice, shaped into some sort of overgrown snowflake, and piercing blue eyes (you're glad I didn't say icy blue, aren't you). 

I grabbed a Pokeball of my own, and sent out Zorua. "Zorua, do your thing." I calmly ordered. Zorua nodded, and his eyes flashed blue. And with that, I turned to Silver. "Help me out with this Cryogonal, if you would." I asked of him. Silver just blinked and turned to Feraligatr, who knocked it out with an aqua tail. 

"What the hell was that?" He finally got to ask. I looked at the old man now behind me, who was trapped in the illusion that he was still battling me, and winning. Nothing satisfies me more than destroying my enemies' dreams. 

"Well, Gallade and Dragonite went to go help Gold. I kinda realized we can't really land this thing, especially since we're so pressed for time, so I came up with a little something." I explained. "And I didn't wanna battle this loser," I pointed a thumb at Zinzolin, who was shouting commands like he was still battling, "so I had Zorua here deal with that." 

"That's what you deserve for going against Team Plasma!" I heard Zinzolin yell. That must mean the 'battle' was over. I turned to Zorua, who's eyes flashed blue once again, canceling the illusion. "You should have known—" The man stopped and a look of confusion overcame him. "What?! You lost! You—"

I laughed. "Yeah, ok. If you say so." I looked over the side of the ship, noticing the crowds of people below us at the docks. "Oh look, we're here. You finished your battle just in time, Zinzolin." I said, looking towards the now infuriated man. 

"What are you going to do? You can't land the ship, and there's hundreds of Pokemon that were stolen; you can't just take them all down there!" He growled. 

"You'll see in...3, 2, 1...now!" I said, cuing a loud explosion, which could be heard from the bottom of the ship. The entire ship shook, causing us all to stumble a bit. I could hear a silent, "What the fuck," from a certain trainer, who was gripping onto the wheel with wide eyes. 

"What the hell did you do?!" Zinzolin voiced his 'what the fuck' a little louder, and if this guy could get any angrier, he'd probably be as red as Silver's Gyarados. Arceus, I love pissing people off. 

"Well, as we're speaking, multiple Pokeballs are falling out of this ship and onto the Earth below us." I said. "Dragonite blasted a hole in the ship, so I was able to transport all the Pokemon from here to there without even lifting a finger. While I was in Orre, one of my friends taught me that going out with a bang is sometimes the best answer." 

"You're just letting them fall?!" The Plasma Sage shouted, more in disbelief than in anger. 

"Gallade is there, smart one. Gallade, the part psychic type, who was able to read my mind for the exact moment I needed Dragonite to blast a hole in the floor, and can move things with his mind." I replied, as though it wasn't obvious.

I turned to Silver once again. "Gold is probably on Dragonite and is flying down there, if he hasn't already. Mind if I get a ride with you?" 

The Exchanger looked like he was still overcoming shock, but nodded anyways. "Yeah, whatever." We returned the Pokemon that were present, and Silver released Honchkrow. He gestured for me to get on the bird's back, while Silver grabbed his Pokemon's legs, and we took off. 

We met Gold and the rest of the DexHolders at the dock, with hundreds of Pokeballs that needed to be returned to their trainers. Both my Weavile and Silver's ran to each of us, standing between us once we got off Honchkrow, so that they still stood next to each other. Gallade continued to hold the Pokeballs, making sure none were left behind. I returned Dragonite to his Pokeball so he could finally rest. The Plasma airship flew off, damaged and smoking. 

"Alright, so how do you suggest we get these Pokemon back to their trainers?" Silver asked, looking at the large pile of multi-colored Pokeballs. "Letting Pokemon loose to find their trainers sounds like an awful idea." 

"I could maybe read their memories to see their trainer, but that would take too long." Yellow suggested, frowning at the thought of spending weeks reading Pokemon memories. "It would be faster, but I still sleep after using too much of my power." 

That's when I had an idea, and an awful realization. "Maybe I could get N to—wait, N!" I panicked, turning around to run off. I heard Silver yell behind me, and the thumping of feet hitting the wooden dock as he chased after me, as well as the clicking of claws as the Weavile ran. I didn't even know where I was running off to.

"Umber, wait!" Silver continued to yell behind me. He managed to catch up once I was getting tired, and grabbed my shoulder, forcing me to turn around and face him. "What the hell has gotten into you?!" 

"The police! They still have N!" I was yelling, and slapped his hand off my shoulder.

Silver was quiet, and looked down. His hair hid his eyes. He didn't even make an attempt to put his hand back in place. All he did was sigh and say, "I know where he is."