Chapter 18

"You know, I couldn't stop thinking about you ever since you betrayed me...I couldn't wait to get my hands on you to finally give you what you deserve," Shinimi said deeply, his eyes taking on a deep shade of purple. His grin made my heart beat pick up. Alarms in my head were blaring to get the hell away from him. But what can I do? He's a crazy teleporting ninja with a knife.

"Do I have to remind you that technically I didn't betray you if I planned that the whole time...?" I replied despite my anxiety. Well, I was always sure it was my smart mouth that would get me killed one day; may as well make sure that happens.

"You played with my heart and my feelings, plans or not, that's not very nice. Why couldn't you think of me? Of us?" His face got closer to mine, and I craned my neck back to keep as much distance from him...which was quite hard considering he still has a killer grip on my wrists.

"I mean, I liked you as a friend before the whole nearly stabbing me thing," I said, remembering watching an illusion of myself die in front of me. Fake or not, it's still disturbing.

"I have to give you credit for your quick thinking, but unfortunately you only pissed me off more. I don't like losing," the black haired boy hissed. "Now how should I take care of you? Should I kill you here? Take you somewhere no one will ever find you? Kill you in front of your loved ones...? The possibilities are endless!"

Yeah, ok, murder. This is when I try to get away and try not to get killed in the process. Step one, struggle; try and rip your arms out of your possibly soon-to-be killer. When that fails because either you're weak as hell or he's strong as hell, go for the crotch.

Shinimi kicked my legs out from under me, causing me to fall back on the dark concrete. "Wow Umber, you know that isn't fair. Besides, what made you think it would work a second time?"

Groaning in pain after my head made contact with the ground, I sat up feeling dizziness shake my senses. However as I looked up, my brain was rattled again as a hand wrapped around my neck, snapping me back down to the ground. I could still breathe, but it was limited.

"Shinimi, listen to me...you don't wanna do this...you're only following Ghetsis' orders...please...stop..." I managed to mutter out, while taking the short breaths I could.

"Hmm?" Shinimi's face shifted as he went into thought. "You know, you make a good point," he said, smiling. "You've helped me make up my mind; I'll make everyone believe you're dead and take you somewhere only I can see you, you'll be all mine!"

Alright, not what I wanted. He took his hand off my neck and quickly scooped me into his arms, fingers digging into my skin making sure I wouldn't leave him. Regardless I struggled, hoping to at least reach a Pokeball.

"Umber, why do you still struggle? Isn't this better? I'll keep you happy and alive all while keeping you to myself..." The ninja sighed, looking down at me sadly. "I'll show you how much I love you..."

"Hey asshole, what do you think you're doing with her?!" A voice yelled out clearly through the alley.

Shinimi groaned in annoyance. "What now?" He turned, facing the owner of the voice. Silver stood, glaring at my captor, Feraligatr standing tall besides him.

"Oh, it's you. I never did get your name...too bad I don't care," Shinimi said, seemingly unbothered by the fact there's a beast with teeth sharp as razors growling at him (and I don't mean Silver, even though the same applies for him). "It's a shame that you caught me though, now I have to make sure you stay quiet."

"Feraligatr," was all the redhead said before the water type pounced at us. Shinimi didn't move a muscle, of course he didn't, he just teleported away. However, our new surroundings weren't the city. It was dark and cold, and sounds echoed off the walls, like dripping water. A cave? Of course, he knows I probably can't find my way out.