Chapter 21

"You sure this is the place?" I asked. Our group stood near the large entrance to the cavern. Icy wind blew from inside, and the whole area was frozen solid. Sure, it was a dumb question, but this was Kyurem's home, wasn't it? Why would Ghetsis come back here?

"I'm sure it is...we have to stop him here or else," N said seriously.

"It could be a trap. One way in, one way out. He takes away our exit; we're screwed," I mentioned, a bit wary about going in. Of course there were, like, 12 of us, but still.

"Regardless, we have to," N hesitated slightly before walking in, with the rest of us following.

I glanced at the others. Everyone had a determined look on their face, even Yellow. I haven't seen it, but I've heard Yellow wasn't someone you wanted to mess with. Apparently she could level up her Pokemon rapidly with just sheer emotion or something? And she's such a small, sweet girl too.

Gold's eyes were serious, but his lips were shaped into a slightly cocky smirk. He lazily held his billiard cue over his shoulders, with his hands grabbing onto both ends. I never understood why he carried that thing around, but Silver assured me that Gold's aim was nothing to scoff at. Crystal was just as talented, never missing her target, except she used her legs.

I could go on longer, but in short, everyone was damn talented. The negative thoughts of doubt left my head when I remembered who I was with, and I felt confident.

We can do this.

We will do this.

The deeper we got into the cave, the darker and colder it got. Green let his Charizard out to light the path and keep us warm. Our footsteps echoed down the cavern. It was eerily quiet other than that though; no water dripping, no Pokemon cries, no loud Kyurem roaring.

After a couple minutes of walking, N stopped and held his arm out to his right to signal for all of us to stop. He concentrated, like he was trying to listen for something.

"Move!" The green haired trainer shouted suddenly. We all were on high alert and immediately had a Pokeball in one of our hands. We didn't know what we were looking for until Silver suddenly jumped back and there was a ninja in front of him with a knife.

"Oh, you're quick," the ninja spoke. His voice sent shivers down my spine.

"Shinimi," Silver stated, venom in his words.
"You remember me, I'm flattered," Shinimi snickered. "That doesn't change the fact I'm going to make sure you suffer."

Silver eyes glared at him while the boy ordered, "Go on ahead, I've got this one."

"I'm not leaving you," I said, remaining in my spot. Shinimi was certainly not the only one here, his brothers had to be lurking. Knowing this, I ordered (as if I were in charge) Green, Red, and Silver to stay with me, while the others went on ahead to fight Ghetsis. "You guys take orders from Blue, got it?" The group nodded and split up, running ahead into the cold darkness; Gold's Typhlosion leading the way.

"Only four of you? Now that's no fun," the sadistic ninja pouted. "Maybe Zinzolin will be able to hold them off before they get to the boss though."

"I think you're underestimating us," I said, letting out Dragonite and Gallade. Shinimi sent out his two Bisharp and an Absol, and from the darkness four more Bisharp appeared alongside an Accelgor and Banette.

Green kept his Charizard out and Machamp. Silver called out Weavile and Feraligatr. Red brought out Espeon and Venusaur.

His Pokemon should be easy to deal with; we've got Red and Green; two of the strongest trainers. The Shadow Triad themselves however, that's another story. Speaking of them, both of Shinimi's brothers finally appeared, one on each side of him.