Chapter 5

Umber's POV

"N, please tell me you're ready to go now." I snapped, walking into the little shack. The green haired trainer turned to me from his seat at the table. 

"I guess we can leave now, if you want." He said, seemingly confused at my sudden attitude. 

"Do I seem like I want to stay?" 

"Well no..."

"Then say bye to your friends and come on." I walked back out, waiting for N. I released Dragonite and climbed on. N walked out soon enough, getting on behind me.

"What's your problem?" He asked, before Dragonite took off. 

I hesitated, and replied a little after Dragonite was in the air. "Its nothing." I just don't know if I want to tell him about the Dexholders. 

"If you're going to lie, then at least make it a good one." 

"I just...I just ran into some old friends." I said, turning around so I could face him. But still careful enough not to fall off my Pokemon. 

He blinked in confusion. "Old friends? Have I heard about them?"

"No. I wanted to forget so I never brought them up."

"Now that you brought them up, can you tell me about your friends?"

I sighed. "Fine, I kept it a secret from you for a while... While I was back in Johto, apart of Team Rocket, I met the DexHolders..." I went on, telling him everything about them and what I did. I told him about each DexHolder, and left Silver for last. "And then there's Silver...he was the one I had to bring to the hideout, being the heir and all. I tricked him into thinking I cared for him, and eventually traveled with him. He may be a jerk, an asshole, rude, sarcastic...but I still fell for him somewhere along the way." I paused. "But me and him...together? It'll never happen."

"What makes you think that?"

"We don't exactly get along. We always argue about something. Besides, he moved on; he's got a girlfriend." I looked down trying not to cry. "He never cared about me."

"What makes you say that? He has to, even if he doesn't show it." 

"Whatever...like I said, he moved on. Now I need to... I should have as soon as I left, since I believed that I'd never see them again." Before N said anything else, I started to turn around so my back faced him, but I noticed something at the PWT, at the docks. N saw the look in my eyes, and followed them. 

"Umber no, stay out of it." N said, turning back to face me. 

I ignored him, and ordered Dragonite to turn around, no matter how much N told me to head back to the castle. 

When we were close enough to the PWT, I made Dragonite fly close to the ground, but made sure he didn't land. As soon as I land, he's turning around and bringing N back to the castle, so he doesn't stop me. 

I jumped down to solid ground, and watched Dragonite turn around, with N shaking his head at me. I just ran to where the familiar ship was. Team Plasma, of course. Keeping my distance, I noticed that they captured a Honchkrow, and they kept it inside a net. It struggled and cried, only to have the net shock it. There were only a couple of grunts present, so this should be easy... I grabbed Weavile's Pokeball, and released her. 

"Weavile, faint attack." I said, pointing to the grunts who were now forcing Honchkrow onto the ship. The ice type nodded, and ran to them at such a great speed, she was almost invisible. She slashed at each grunt, forcing them to ddrop Honchkrow. Weavile ran back over to me before they noticed her presence. Now how do I attack a group without hurting Honchkrow...?

Releasing Gallade, I ran closer to the ship. "Gallade, protect Honchkrow, and Weavile, blizzard." They nodded and ran in front of me, the grunts now well aware of us. Gallade ran to Honchkrow, using protect around him and the bird. Weavile attacked with blizzard, nearly freezing the few grunts that were there (four now that I can see them better). They all released their Koffing and Patrat while they had the chance. 

"Koffing, poison gas!"

"Weavile, icy wind!" Icy wind blew over all the Koffing, covering them with ice, so no gas could escape. 

"Patrat, fury swipes!"

"Gallade, focus blast!" 

I smirked. What did I say? Oh, that's right, that this would be easy. 

"Weavile, ice beam!" I stopped. That wasn't me. I turned, only to see Silver and his Weavile. Just great...

"Silver, go away, this is my fight." I glared. 

"How so? Last time I checked, that's my Honchkrow they're taking, so it's kinda my fight." He replied, giving his Weavile more commands. 

"I was here first!"

He sighed. "Don't start this, I just came to get Honchkrow." 

"Fine, whatever..." I mumbled. 

~~~

We fought the grunts (and a couple of backups) before getting Honchkrow back. We walked off the ship, each of our Weavile by our side. 

"Alright, so we got your Honchkrow back, happy? Now I'll just be on my way..." I said, beginning to walk away. 

"That's it? You come back for only about an hour to help me, and then just leave?" The redhead asked. 

"I don't see any reason for me to stay." 

"Just wait, I wanna talk."

"We already did." I snapped, but I stopped walking and faced him anyways. 

"Not enough. Not after missing you for two years."

"D'aww, Silvy missed me?" I smirked, trying to get on his nerves. 

He blushed a little. "No! I didn't mean it that way! I was perfectly fine without you!"

"I could tell, I mean, you do have a girlfriend after all."

"Hm? Are you jealous?" He smirked, his blush going away. 

Now it was my turn to blush. "No! Why would I be jealous! In fact, I feel bad for Lyra, having to put up with you!"

"I think you're jealous. I mean, weren't you the one that said you loved me?" 

I froze. "Y-You remember that...?" I stuttered, blushing even more. 

Silver opened his mouth to speak, but he was beaten to it. "Silvy!" And a wild Lyra appeared. She ran up to him, practically jumping on him and wrapping her arms around his neck, kissing him on the lips. I bit my lip, trying not to do anything I might regret. Silver looked just as shocked as I was, but returned the affection, making my heart break a little. 

Lyra pulled away first, with that huge, goofy grin on her face. "I missed you so much! Where have you been?" She asked, letting go of him. Pigtails finally noticed me, and her grin went away. "Oh, you were with Umber..." 

"Yeah, you don't mind, right?" Silver asked her, his attitude completely changing. 

"No, not at all." Lyra said, smile returning. "Well the others are already back at the hotel, and we were worried that you weren't there, so I came to get you and make sure you're ok." 

"I'm fine, just give me a couple more minutes." He said, but the girl gripped onto his arm, already dragging him away. 

"Bye, bye Umber!" She yelled out, and Silver looked back with a frown. 

I looked down at the two Weavile, who were hugging. Silver's Weavile smiled at mine before running back to his trainer. 

I just stood there as they all left, and sighed. "What a bitch..."