Chapter 12

Umber's POV

I assume Gold is gonna show up on the deck, so I ran there to make sure he had space to land (or didn't have grunts trying to attack him on the way down). Silver's Weavile and my Gallade ran on each side of me. 

"There she is!" 

I heard footsteps running behind me, but not like a single person. It was a crowd. A crowd of grunts and their Pokemon chasing me. I kept running though, and I could see sunlight ahead. Just a little further!

Shockingly, I did make it to deck, but now there were more grunts surrounding me. Shinimi appeared in front of me, his face still bloody from that punch to the face I gave him. 

"I really hate that you did this, Umber. I really wanted us to be friend's." He said darkly. "Maybe even more." 

"Uh, yeah, ok. Friend's; sure. More than that? No thanks, I'm kinda taken and I never felt the same way, so..." I scratched the back of my neck. 

"Is that so? I suppose I'll have to kill you and the poor bastard who already claimed you." 

"Hmm...sorry, I don't like the sound of that either." I said. I grabbed Dragonite's Pokeball, and released him. "Dragonite; hyper beam!" 

Shinimi vanished, and grunts scattered as my orange dragon powered up the attack. He attacked, hitting multiple grunts, Pokemon, and well, left a hole in the floor. ...Good thing we're not in water. 

"Wea!" Weavile grinned, looking up. There was Gold AND Silver flying down to the deck. Just what I needed; unnecessary drama from Silver. 

"I see your friend's are coming." Shinimi said behind me. "Three on one isn't fair..."

"It is when you have a couple truck loads of grunts." I mumbled.

"We both know grunts are useless pawns...oh wait, you were a grunt once, weren't you?" He snickered. "Ah, well, I guess it's a good thing I've got two brothers."

Silver and Gold landed, already taking out a couple Pokemon to battle with. Feraligatr and Ambipom. Weavile ran to Silver, getting into a defensive position at his side. Grunts released several poison and dark types.

"Feraligatr, hydro pump! Weavile, ice beam!"

"Ataro, swift!" Gold and Silver fought as many grunts as they could, successfully knocking many underleveled Pokemon out quickly.

Shinimi let out two Bisharp, and I had Gallade and Dragonite fight them. 

"Gallade, brick break!"

"Low sweep!" 

Bisharp ducked and tripped Gallade, causing brick break to miss. 

"Dragonite, dragon claw!" 

"X-scissor!" 

The other Bisharp ran to Dragonite, glowing claws and blades making contact. Dragonite proved to be stronger, and threw Bisharp back. 

"Both of you, night slash!"

"Counter with dragon claw and leaf blade!" 

Dragonite was once again able to throw Bisharp back, while Gallade was still struggling a bit. "Brick break, now!" With his other hand, Gallade landed a very successful hit to Bisharp, who fell back and fainted. 

At this point, Silver and Gold dealt with all the grunts, and were now fighting Shinimi's brothers; Kuro and Ryuu. I decided I'd go help as soon as I finished here with Shinimi. 

"Dragonite, dragon rush! Gallade, brick break!" Both of my Pokemon rushed towards the lonely Bisharp.

"Iron head! Now!"