e i g h t

"Are all you girls coming back after the break?" I asked at breakfast, handing out everyone's plates. Everyone nodded and I smiled even more. "That's great! I know we have some fun stuff planned."

We all ate and talked about what they were going to do on the break. "I'm going to miss you." Millie said to me after we all finished and Adriana cleaned up. "You're like my second mom."

I wrapped my arms around her and kissed the top of her head. "I'll miss you too."

"Alright, councilors. The bus will be here in twenty minutes."

"Let's go, everyone." I carried Olive on my back and held Rae and Ciel's hands while Georgia, Millie, and Adriana ran ahead, determined to be the first ones to unpack. I unlocked the door and everyone bustled in. "Keep anything you won't need at home here like sleeping bags." All the girls were done in fifteen minutes, not record timing but also not too bad. "We gotta run so you guys can catch the bus."

"Go, go, go!" Rae shouted and everyone started running. I laughed and ran along the trail with them until we got to the parking lot where everyone stopped, completely out of breath.

"Cabin D, you can get on!"

"I'll see you guys in a week, alright?" I pulled them into a hug. "Don't bring any candy." I told Olive jokingly.

She grinned. "Bye Karl!" She said as Roger called our cabin.

"Bye everyone!"

Georgia stayed right by my side. "I'm going with you and Nick."

I nodded and wrapped my arm around her. "You can help me pack up." I waved to the girls when the bus started moving and they waved back. "How do you like camp so far?" I asked, crouching down so she could get on my back after she failed on jumping up multiple times.

"It was really fun. Me and Rae became best friends."

"That's great, Geo." I smiled and held the backs of her knees. "Do you have all your stuff packed?"

"Yep."

Once I was all packed up we went back to the parking lot where Nick was waiting. "Hi." He greeted, kissing Georgia's forehead and my cheek. "Ready?"

"Yep." He opened the passenger door for me and I smiled, pecking his lips before sliding in and putting my bag below the dashboard. "Karl can you hand me that?" She pointed to a pack of gummy worms in the cupholder.

I picked them up and gave them to her while Nick got in the car. "Why do you have five packs of gum in there?" I asked, pointing to the cupholder.

"He has an obsession." Georgia told me.

I took a piece of it while he backed out of his parking spot. "I like gum." He said simply.

"They're all mint." I stated, looking through all the kinds. "And different brands, what the heck?"

"Okay, look. I like to stock up."

"He takes a piece out of each and chews it all together until the flavor comes out of it." Georgia said.

I laughed as Nick glared at her in the rear view mirror. "That's a lie." He told me, looking at me as we got onto the main street. "I don't eat them all together."

After a long conversation about fum we got onto the freeway. "I have to pee." Georgia stated.

Nick groaned. "Georgiaaaa. I told you not to do this."

"Just go to a Mcdonald's."

"There's nothing around here."

"Well I'll just pee myself then."