n i n e

I woke up next to him and I felt like the happiest person in the world. I silently studied him, the faint smile on his chapped lips, the way his eyes lashes moved when I released a breath, how his hand hadn't left my side the whole night. I leaned forward and kissed his lips, my nose brushing against his as I pulled back. Everything about him was perfect, and I was the one who got to say that he was my perfection, that made me feel all warm inside. "Hi." He said quietly, eyes slowly opening. "You're here." He smiled and put his hand on my cheek, his morning voice making me shiver even under the heavy covers.

"I'm here." I smiled back and kissed him again, pulling back slightly and then kissing again and again, a suction noise happening in between each kiss. "I love being with you." I said as he intertwined our fingers.

"I love when you're here."

The sun was already coming in through the window and I sat up, straddling Nick's waist and fixing his bed head. It felt so right, waking up with him next to me without the stress of dealing with kids, having him right by my side at all times. Permanence, even if it was only for seven more days. "Breakfast." Ames said as he knocked on Nick's door. I started getting up and Nick pulled me down.

"Wait. We never get to do this." He said softly, putting his hands on my hips as my fingers ran along his chest. "I want to do it more." I laid down on him and smiled contently.

"You want to cuddle more?"

"Yes please."

It took five minutes for him to fall asleep again. I released a deep breath and closed my eyes as well, moving closer to him.

At eleven forty five I woke up again, Nick was still underneath me, one hand on the back of my thigh and the other taken up by his phone. "Good morning, bee." He said quietly, his voice low and gravely.

"Hi." I whispered, closing my eyes again and feeling him press a kiss onto the top of my head. I rolled off him a few minutes later and onto my pillow next to his. I grabbed my juice pouch and finished it off, listening for the loud slurping sound indicating it was empty.

"What do you want to do today?" Nick asked, putting his phone down. I shrugged and yawned. "Want to do something on the lake?"

"Sure."

"We can go paddle boarding." He suggested, running his hand up and down the outer side of my leg that was propped up on his hip. I nodded and closed my eyes again. "Are you still tired?"

"A little."

"You can sleep for a long ass time, huh?" I nodded and smiled, pulling the covers more over me. "I'll be right back." He got up and I whined. "I'll be back in ten seconds." He kissed my nose.

Nick left the door half opened and something came bursting in after a moment. "Ruby." I smiled as she jumped up on the bed and bonked her head against mine. She laid down next to me in Nick's spot, her back paws pressing again my stomach. Ames was walking down the hallway and peeked in the room for just a minute, making eye contact with me before going into his room and closing the door. Nick brought back two plates. "What are you doing?" I asked as he propped my pillow up and kicked the dog out.

"Breakfast in bed." He grinned and kissed my forehead sweetly.

"Thank you, baby." I said as he handed me a closed coffee cup.