t e n

Caroline watched me the whole breakfast, studying my every move. When I was walking down the hallway, following Nick, she grabbed my wrist and pulled me back. "Did he use a condom?" She asked.

"Sorry?"

"Did Nick use a condom. I know you guys had sex."

My face felt like it was on fire. "Um... Yeah."

She nodded. "Thank you." She smiled sweetly before letting me go.

Nick was at his door. "What's up?" He asked, closing the door behind me and putting his wrist against my forehead.

"Why does your mom know we had sex?" I asked.

He scratched the back of his neck. "Look..."

"You told her?"

"We tell each other everything." He said quietly, worriedly looking at me.

I wrapped my arms around his torso. "I'm not mad, just embarrassed."

"What did she ask you?"

"If you used a condom." I murmured into his shirt.

"I'm sorry, Kar. It just slipped ou-."

"It's okay, I'm not mad." I looked up at him and stood on my tip toes to kiss him. "You didn't... Give her details, right?"

"No!" He said, scrunching up his nose. "She's my mother."

I breathed out a laugh. "Shut up." I pushed on his chest a little and he dramatically walked backward and pressed himself against the wall. I followed his and connected our lips, making him lean down.

He pulled back and pecked my lips, connecting his hands together behind my back. "What do you want to do today, bee?" He asked, kissing below my ear.

"Anything." I hummed, picking up his shirt and scanning my fingertips over his stomach.

"Put on shoes." He told me.

I kissed his jaw and pulled back, dropping to the ground to put on my converse. "Where are we going?"

"You'll see." He smiled and bent over, kissing the top of my head and opening his closet. The covers came tumbling out and I smiled up at him. "Shut up." He threw a sock at me.

I laughed and threw his sock back at him. I picked up my phone off the bedside table and saw three texts from my mom.

mom

Hey sweetie, how are you?
Are you at Nick's house?
Text me back when you're free.

Hey mom
I'm good and with Nick

That's great!

How's dad?

He's doing good. Can you call later?"

Sure, maybe twelve?

Sounds good, call you later sweetheart.

Bye

"Who's that?" Nick asked, putting his chin on my shoulder and looking down at my phone.

"My mom."

He turned his head and kissed my cheek. "Ready to go?"

I nodded and smiled, putting my phone in my back pocket. "Yep." We drove for ten minutes before pulling up to a parking lot. I looked at him.