e p i l o g u e

I listen to the door open slowly and quietly.

"Karl?" Nick whispers.

"Mm?" I shift in bed sleepily.

He closes the door behind himself and takes his shoes off.

I'm laying in his bed. My computer is still playing Selling Sunset. I was too lazy to turn it off. "How was your day?" Nick asks as he gets changed.

"Okay." I accept his kisses. "College is stressful."

"Yeah." Nick nods in agreement. "What if we go somewhere to make you less stressed?"

"Like where?"

I end up at a party with a red plastic cup in my hand. I'm singing along to the music but I can't hear myself.

Nick is in front of me, on his fifth beer of the night. I'm on my third but I'm a lightweight.

Things are really good right now. Even if college is tiring.

Nick pulls me in by my hips. I accidentally drop my cup on the ground, spilling my drink on my shoes. Nick laughs and kisses my neck. "I'm so glad we're together."

I nod vigorously. "I don't know what I would've done if I hadn't found you."

Nick chugs his beer and tosses the cup to the side. "I feel like we're soulmates or something."

"I was thinking that same thing." I beam at him.

We kiss the rest of the night, occasionally stopping to dance or sway back and forth to the music.

Nick is my soulmate.

I think life is going to be really good with him.

We're finally permanent. There's no getting out of it now.

262 words