Serpents

"Now then... Do you know what the blue spider lilies are?" Kagaya asked as they both sat down in the tatami room, the place had no source of light apart from the lantern next to them. Even the sounds of her breathing could be heard. Behind Kagaya was a wall of books whose names she couldn't see due to all of the darkness.

"I only have a small amount of information." She responded, her only knowledge is that Muzan had looked for it, and that it was used as a herb, at least on her mother's part. 

As of now only three people know about Muzan's creation, as well as his destruction. Tamayo, Oyakata-Sama, and Muzan himself. But now, Giyuu was close to knowing also. 

"Tell me as much as you know." And so she did, now it was only a time for her to connect the dots.

The hour passed by, sharing as much information as she had known.

"Giyuu, Has your family ever worked in medicine? Your biological family that is." 

"No, not that I am aware of." Her real parents did die when she was just five, so that might be the reason why she didn't have any memory of their jobs.

And Tsutako died when I was seven. Giyuu looked back at the ground as her only comfort.

Kagaya nodded, getting up to grab something from the bookshelf without even needing to look up at the names of the books as if he had them all memorized by now. 

"I know this might be trivial but," he flipped through the pages, stopping in a random section and showing it to Giyuu. 

"Do you know who this might be?"

It was a man in a painting of formal attire she couldn't grasp from where it was, but he looked a bit formal. He had a triangular hat, wearing his hair tied up, a calm smile, with some kind of traditional clothes that would only come from here or China. 

The blue eyes caught her attention the most. 

"No, I don't know him."  The man that was sitting next to a bed, attending another, sleeping, weak man with long black hair and a much paler skin than the former. 

Was I supposed to know them? Giyuu thought as she looked back at Kagaya.

"Alright, just needed to make sure. Thank you Giyuu, you may go now." 

"Farewell, Oyakata-Sama. May you recover soon." 

"Thank you, my child." The door closed, and a few minutes later it was opened again by himself as he walked back to his room where his wife sat.

"Amane, this is of grave importance, I will need you to look into the Tomioka family name and find everything about them." 

"I have already." Kagaya stared at such a quick response.

"Her family name had stayed in my memory when I first heard it, so out of curiosity, I tried to find out more about her in my free time until I remembered where I had heard it from." She took out a paper from the rest of her table and handed it over to him. 

"There was a girl, five years ago, her name was Tomioka Tsutako. I had been called to prepare the wedding at the temple that day, and just the day before the wedding she had been killed. Her only family member, her little sister, was sent to live with an uncle in another region, or that's what they said to me at least. It was that or she would be given to an orphanage."

Kagaya cheeked through the paper. "Why didn't the husband take her in?"

"He fled the scene." Amane paused, "Apparently there were rumors that he was the one to kill the bride."